“Very Relaxed and enjoyable.”

Scandic Orebro Vast
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Orebro
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Very Relaxed and enjoyable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Staff are very friendly and as always Scandic has an unrivaled breakfast selection, very pleased once again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Vilhelmina, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

In need of refurbishment, it's old, worn and "sad". No ventilation what so ever in the room and bathroom. The bathroom had no shelf or anything to put things. Very small towels.
The food was ok, the staff nice and friendly. The breakfast was alright but a bit messy and at different "levels" the three mornings when we had breakfast. One day there was fruit salad, one day not, one day croissants, one day not, one day the eggs was as signed (soft boiled and so on...) one day not. Spoons missing, plates missing and so on and on... Breakfast only served until 10 am at w-ends.
Short of staff or lack of management?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

Spent a night en route to a business meeting. A cheerful porter but the rest was not worth the money. The interiors are 1970's at best and and every corner is chipped. As we were on a tight schedule I needed to iron a shirt for the follow days meeting. No ironing board in the room and none to be ordered either. Instead a cheap (non-steam) iron and a board in a disused basement room was what was offered. The road just outside the window had traffic that offered two options. An open window of no sleep or a closed window and a hot and stuffy room (and no sleep). The shower spread water all over the bathroom and no bathmat! Why do hotels insist on these these "hangers" that can't be removed and hung elsewhere? So, some people steal them. Put your name on them and see them as a advertising space to be removed.
The "orange juice machine" in the restaurant was out of order in the morning and no juice available. Standard breakfast with mostly prepackaged items. Not the brightest place to wake up.

Room Tip: If you book a room far away from the elevators, be prepared for a very looong walk. Rooms towards t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tord E

Travelers are raving about these Orebro hotels

Gothenburg, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

This hotel fits well in line with what the Scandic hotel chain usually has to offer: A decent clean room for a decent price. It is situated along the freeway shortly outside of central Örebro and offers free outdoor parking. There is a petrol station, a McD and a grocery shop nearby which may or may not be of use. While being better adapted for travellers who go by car it is still close enough to the central parts of Örebro to allow for low-hassle transportation by e.g. taxi (~15 EUR).

The rooms are, as mentioned, decent in both standard and size. The restaurant offers food of mediocre quality both for dinner and breakfast. We were however slightly curious how a bar can lack lime in their inventory? The pool and sauna area is nothing to write home about. If possible, opt for a short drive to the nearby Gustavsviksbadet (a large aquatic and spa centre) instead. Staff was welcoming and helpful. I could see myself coming here again.

Room Tip: As the freeway is nearby on the south side, it may be of interest to go for a room on the north side...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank viskari
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

I stayed here for 10 days during the winter for work at the university. The hotel was quiet--no tourists, just business-persons--and was just what the doctor ordered on cold, dark, nordic nights.

The rooms are very tastefully decorated, and refreshingly minimalist. I personally would rather have open space rather than another ottoman that I will never use. The rooms seemed a bit more spacious than your typical hotel in Scandinavia, especially for the price.

I stayed during the winter, and the room was well heated--I can't recall if I saw an air conditioner, though. The rooms were well-insulated, as I never heard any noise whatsoever...even from the hall.

The bar was nice, good selections of scotch...including MacMyra--a relatively new Swedish scotch that you can't get in the states yet. Bartenders weren't as fluent in English as the rest of the staff, but since their English was better than my Swedish, I felt well taken care of.

Reception was very professional, almost to the point of being cold. Doesn't bother me: I typically don't stay at hotels to make friends with the staff (though it is nice when it happens).

Service at the restaurant was spotty. First night in, we were jetlagged, and had a number of early morning appointments. We sat there for about 20min, whilst the male waiter first ignored us (serving the well-heeled foreign party right next to us), then kept gesturing "one moment" with a "stop bothering me" attitude. But we were too tired to venture out and explore other options by then.

The next night, we returned at were waited on by a wonderful young blond woman. She was very helpful in all respects, including helping us polish up our skills in polite conversation in Swedish. We requested her exclusively for the duration of our stay and all was good.

It is near enough to everything to walk, even in the snow, and the bus system is easy enough to use should you need to get further out (the university or IKEA, for example).

Honestly, I find no faults with this hotel that would preclude me from staying again...we will be back this winter, and will stay again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ccarson29
Ogre
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

We had to find a hotel near the highway on our way back from Oslo to Stockholm, and I booked this hotel. I usually ask the price before I make a reservation, but this time I didn't do that, as I approximately know the price level of Scandic hotel rooms. To be honest I didn't expect that I will be charged so much. Everything is Ok with this hotel except the price. I would choose another hotel in this city (the choice is huge) if I didn't make this mistake.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank EisakaB
Lillehammer
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

This hotel was acceptable for the price and comfortable and we enjoyed the stay

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business