“Excellent B&B”

The Miller's House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Milford B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Both my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay with Bob. We plan on going back this summer!

Wonderful breakfasts and engaging conversation.

The location is central and within an easy drive to anywhere in the County.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin B

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Although I'm a bit slow in my review, my mom and I stayed at The Miller's House back in September as a birthday get away for us both, and couldn't have asked for more. Bob is obviously a dedicated host who provides a lovely venue in which to escape one's everyday life and stresses. Our room was spacious and clean, with two wonderfully comfortable beds, beautiful furniture and a serene view. The house is full of charm and character and that's to say nothing of the gardens which were peaceful, relaxing and a great place to unwind. The water feature and it's many frog inhabitants were a unique highlight for me! As mentioned time and again in previous reviews, breakfasts were outstanding - my only complaint was that they left me no room for lunch while out and about in PEC!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ajc248
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Miller's House B&B turned out to be a retreat that just pampered our souls - a charming and relaxing, century-old home. Bob was such a welcoming host, we felt like friends instead of guests. Breakfast was superb; we woke up to the aroma of freshly made biscuits, scrambled eggs, bacon and coffee. From the "heated", french vanilla towels to the textured cotton linens and duvet, to the Gardenia-scented soap and cream . . . we felt pampered. What a warm feeling being surrounded by beautiful artwork, antiques and pine woodwork everywhere. Highly recommended; we wouldn't stay anywhere else in Prince Edward County and can't wait for a return visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret L
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The last three days have been so amazing and this B & B is a course the reason for it. From the beginning to the end, this B & B has impress me so much. Most part would be for the excellent host, Bob. This man let us feel like we would be visiting family. His amazing breakfast, which are so good, are all made with fresh, locally grown ingredients. What a chef!! I would recommend this B & B to anyone and I wish you gonna love it as much that I did.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Veronica025_10
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend of Sept. 29th at this wonderful B&B. Bob is the most gracious host there is and so welcoming! We booked the Garden Room-quaint, charming, beautiful linens, comfortable bed, (I can go on forever!). Breakfast? Beyond what we expected and served of course with Bob's charm:-) The location is perfect as well. If you're planning a quiet getaway, look no further as this is the place to be. Looking forward to our visit with Bob next year!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sun&SandSeeker
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The fall colours were in full force this weekend in PEC and having such a wonderful place to stay made my weekend as perfect as perfect gets.
Breakfast far exceeded my expectations and after the most amazing sleep was a great way to start such a beautiful day.
Bob, the friendly host and proprietor, had lots of suggestions and recommendations for day tours throughout PEC; wineries, cheeses, beaches (a little cold but next year!), and ice cream!
I loved my trip to the countryside and The Miller's House was absolutely prefect.
Thank you and I will be back time and time again.
Peter

Room Tip: All the rooms looked wonderful. The Falls view is great with two double beds. The downstairs room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PeterBruceG
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my first stay at The Miller's House and I left thoroughly impressed and looking forward to returning again. Bob was welcoming and helpful from the first moment I arrived. It was late, and I was hungry. He made sure I didn't starve. And his generous extra care became a running theme as I was traveling on business and had long busy days. He took an interest in what I was doing and was so very helpful in providing resources and guiding me to people I should speak with during my visit. As for the accommodations... I had the pleasure of staying in "the suite". I can't recommend this room enough. It's gorgeous. Like having your own beautifully appointed apartment in the heart of the country. The en suite bathroom is stunning, a huge spa style shower, heated towels. (All the rooms have their own bathrooms which is a great feature.) And let's get to the real wow: the breakfasts. They are exquisite. Local heirloom tomatoes, farm fresh eggs, and bacon (see picture below)... and that's the third course. A beautifully arranged fruit plate is first, then fresh baking: muffins or biscuits... all accompanied by great coffee and more options than you can imagine for sweeteners, preserves, and chutneys. These little details make the stay extra special. Like when you return to The Miler's House after dinner... a bottle of lemoncello and a glass await, to provide a little nightcap. With such a wonderful, welcoming host (Bob feels like a great friend in no time!), and such comfortable and lovely accommodations... I won't stay anywhere else in Prince Edward County.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
The Waring House
#3 of 13 in Wellington
Isaiah Tubbs Resort
Isaiah Tubbs Resort
#5 of 5 in Picton

Been to The Miller's House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!