“Perfection has a name. It's Bob.”

The Miller's House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Milford B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Perfection has a name. It's Bob.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my first stay at The Miller's House and I left thoroughly impressed and looking forward to returning again. Bob was welcoming and helpful from the first moment I arrived. It was late, and I was hungry. He made sure I didn't starve. And his generous extra care became a running theme as I was traveling on business and had long busy days. He took an interest in what I was doing and was so very helpful in providing resources and guiding me to people I should speak with during my visit. As for the accommodations... I had the pleasure of staying in "the suite". I can't recommend this room enough. It's gorgeous. Like having your own beautifully appointed apartment in the heart of the country. The en suite bathroom is stunning, a huge spa style shower, heated towels. (All the rooms have their own bathrooms which is a great feature.) And let's get to the real wow: the breakfasts. They are exquisite. Local heirloom tomatoes, farm fresh eggs, and bacon (see picture below)... and that's the third course. A beautifully arranged fruit plate is first, then fresh baking: muffins or biscuits... all accompanied by great coffee and more options than you can imagine for sweeteners, preserves, and chutneys. These little details make the stay extra special. Like when you return to The Miler's House after dinner... a bottle of lemoncello and a glass await, to provide a little nightcap. With such a wonderful, welcoming host (Bob feels like a great friend in no time!), and such comfortable and lovely accommodations... I won't stay anywhere else in Prince Edward County.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Have you ever stayed in a city like Boston or even London and you run into a local who asks you where you're staying? When you tell them the name of the hotel, have they ever asked you, "Oh... what did they serve for breakfast today?". No, I didn't think so. Why? Because it NEVER happens. Well, I can tell you that in Picton / Prince Edward County it happens. In fact, it happened twice in two random places. We told two people where we were staying and they asked, "What did Bob make for breakfast?". And we told them . I might even say there was enough of a pause in the conversation that gave enough time to illicit a knowing smile... and maybe allow some time for their mouths to water. Yes, his breakfasts are THAT good...

This was the second time we've stayed with Bob and, as odd as it may seem, it was like a homecoming. His ground floor suite was as spacious as any you'd find at the Fairmont with a new bathroom worthy of the best hotels in the world. There's enough room in the bathroom that you could have more than two people in there at once (not that we tried - it was a family trip!). The rainforest shower head is as good as they come and the toiletries are better than the Four Seasons (I'm not kidding). Bob knows how to do it right.

Our only regret is that we could only spend one night. My second regret is now posting a review on TripAdvisor because so many other people may go there that there may not be any room next time we come back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2012

When my girlfriend and I decided to try Prince Edward County for a getaway, we hoped to discover a B&B that was charming, relaxing and welcoming - and Bob surpassed our highest expectations in every way. From the warm greeting to the excellent recommendations for things to do, Bob was as hospitable and friendly as anyone could ask for. The bedroom was well appointed, the breakfasts were delicious and filled with every imaginable type of local produce, and the location was great - right in the middle of the island! Thanks Bob for a great stay and we look forward to seeing you again next year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zak P
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The drive through Picton and onto Milford put us in the mood for a truly relaxing weekend. The pastoral setting with apple orchards, vineyards and roads covered by a perfect canopy of trees was more than matched by the greeting by Bob at the B&B. The suite we stayed in was ideal (unfortunately it was too warm to need the fireplace) and perfectly appointed. The breakfast was a gourmet's delight and was matched by the enjoyable conversation. A great but too short visit. Gracias Bob!

Room Tip: The newly renovated bathroom in the large suite is a treat.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Doug P
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The Miller's House offered the best of both bed and breakfast! The rooms were very well appointed and you could feel the stress leave as soon as you entered the door.The welcoming atmosphere will ensure a return trip. Bob couldn't have been more helpful or more knowledgable about what his area has to offer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Our bridge club chose the Miller House B&B for a two day getaway. It was a wise choice, except that it was too short a stay! The two rooms we booked were heavenly - well appointed and comfortable. The breakfasts were amazing. This is definitely a B&B to keep at the top of the list for a return visit. Kudos to Bob.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed in this B&B twice now and will certainly be coming back. The rooms are not only spotless, but the owner (Bob) takes care of every single detail of the decoration. Bob is an extremely nice person and fun to talk to. So, it feels like you are visiting somebody's home, instead of staying in a small hotel. The place is also in a beautiful isolated location by the river that allows you to rest and enjoy the scenery in a very peaceful garden. And the breakfast is just unbelievable. I had the blueberry/ricotta crepes the first time I stayed and I asked Bob to prepare them again in the second stay. One of the best things I have ever eaten. I would travel all the way from TO to PEC just for this breakfast! And everything else that Bob cooks for breakfast is also delicious and made with fresh local ingredients.

Room Tip: I stayed in the fall's room and in the garden view room. I like them equally but the garden view...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
The Waring House
#5 of 5 in Picton
The Queen's Inn
The Queen's Inn
#4 of 5 in Picton

Been to The Miller's House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!