“While going to eat alone felt more attention then sometimes with a date”
Review of Ristorante Capri - CLOSED

Ristorante Capri
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Ostermalm
London, England, United Kingdom
“While going to eat alone felt more attention then sometimes with a date”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I visited Ristorante Capri in an early Saturday evening (around 16.00), maybe that's why I didn't have to wait for a table and deal with very busy and frustrated stuff as I had the evening before when I went for dinner in another Italian Restourant around 20.00. In my short visit I came to understand that it is usual for Swedish people to go out for dinner at the eveings and that's why all the palces were full. So when settiling on Ristorante Capri I was more than happy to make it before the madness of the evening. I usually don't like dinning alone, but since I was alone in the city I had to cope with loneliness. The food was excelent, very traditional (I'm a big Italian food lover and know quite a lot about it to be the judge), I got served a spiced lettuce salad on house before the meal was brought which was very good and healty. I ordered Le Pizze Calzone which was very good and a glass of white house wine. All the staff was very attentive, especially my main waiter, they came to me more than once to ask if I needed anything else and in the end even gave me a cappuccino also on house. It wasn't very expensive for Swedish restourants, there are some much more expensive. When I went away all the staff said goodbye and gave me smiles and compliments. The interior of the place was very ordinary for an Iitalian palce and with all the italian staff (who freerly spoke to each other in Italian and made jokes to each other) I felt like I was in Italy for sure. But I really enjoy the feeling of like I belonged there and for the first time enjoyed eating in a restourant on my own since I didn't feel alone at all.

• Visited January 2012

Stockholm, Sweden
“Not recommended!!”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Although the food was average the service and attitude of the personnel was a disaster. First we had to wait a long time to order and later had to wait further more to pay although we asked for quick service due to a later meeting.

The waiter was sarcastic and rude which for us is a strange behaviour if you run a restaurant. The feeling was not welcoming at all.

This restaurant is not recommended by us and we will not visit it again.

North Scotland
“Friendly staff, good food and average prices.”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We turned up on a Saturday evening with no reservation. The staff were great and found us a table. We got a bowl of simply dressed lettuce on the house, a pizza each and a bottle of house red wine. The food was great, the atmposphere good and the staff were friendly and attentive, The bill + average tip was SEK 600 and this was about average for Stockholm. It is not a cheap place to eat or drink out at all.

• Visited October 2011
Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, but not the best service”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We were very happy with the pasta dishes we ordered. Autentic Italian dishes.

The service could have been better. We arrived in a busy part of a Sunday evening, and did not at all feel welcome. Whenthings calmed down later in the evening the service changed to the better.

• Visited August 2011
London
“Italians would be horrified....”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Queue on arrival promised an experience worth waiting for, but after 5+ minutes with not so much as a smile from any of the THREE passing waiters, I ventured to ask the third how long we could expect to wait for a table. He shrugged saying 'ask manager'. Inside I went to do just that, and approached who I took to be said manager. This faux italian chap answered my question with 'two days, just two days to wait'. Very amusing. He then gave us a table before the people in front of us in the queue - a reward for my assertiveness? I don't think so - I rather think it was just a way to be even more offensive and rude to the waiting customers. The other diners didn't do much to enhance the experience - not sure what infraction we could be accused of committing but the stares would suggest we were sitting butt naked without realising. Stockholm's expensive so I suppose £60 for a not-at-all spicy ' penne arrabiatta, a frozen pizza and two bottles of beer shouldn't have shocked us - and we had to practically BEG to be brought the bill at all. I lived in Italy for 4.5 years and to claim that this place "is a combination of good food, pleasant surroundings and excellent service" is about as far from the truth as I can imagine."An award-winning Italian outpost"? SHOW ME THIS AWARD and I'll eat my Wallpaper guidebook.

• Visited July 2011