“Not recommended!!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ostermalm
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Although the food was average the service and attitude of the personnel was a disaster. First we had to wait a long time to order and later had to wait further more to pay although we asked for quick service due to a later meeting.

The waiter was sarcastic and rude which for us is a strange behaviour if you run a restaurant. The feeling was not welcoming at all.

This restaurant is not recommended by us and we will not visit it again.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We turned up on a Saturday evening with no reservation. The staff were great and found us a table. We got a bowl of simply dressed lettuce on the house, a pizza each and a bottle of house red wine. The food was great, the atmposphere good and the staff were friendly and attentive, The bill + average tip was SEK 600 and this was about average for Stockholm. It is not a cheap place to eat or drink out at all.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

We were very happy with the pasta dishes we ordered. Autentic Italian dishes.

The service could have been better. We arrived in a busy part of a Sunday evening, and did not at all feel welcome. Whenthings calmed down later in the evening the service changed to the better.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

Queue on arrival promised an experience worth waiting for, but after 5+ minutes with not so much as a smile from any of the THREE passing waiters, I ventured to ask the third how long we could expect to wait for a table. He shrugged saying 'ask manager'. Inside I went to do just that, and approached who I took to be said manager. This faux italian chap answered my question with 'two days, just two days to wait'. Very amusing. He then gave us a table before the people in front of us in the queue - a reward for my assertiveness? I don't think so - I rather think it was just a way to be even more offensive and rude to the waiting customers. The other diners didn't do much to enhance the experience - not sure what infraction we could be accused of committing but the stares would suggest we were sitting butt naked without realising. Stockholm's expensive so I suppose £60 for a not-at-all spicy ' penne arrabiatta, a frozen pizza and two bottles of beer shouldn't have shocked us - and we had to practically BEG to be brought the bill at all. I lived in Italy for 4.5 years and to claim that this place "is a combination of good food, pleasant surroundings and excellent service" is about as far from the truth as I can imagine."An award-winning Italian outpost"? SHOW ME THIS AWARD and I'll eat my Wallpaper guidebook.

Reviewed July 4, 2011

On arrival, we were left standing waiting to be seated for 5 minutes as waiters ignored us (yhis happened to others after us too). Although the restaurant at that time was fairly busy, it wasn't full and the waiters seemed to have plenty of time to chat amongst themselves. We were on the point of leaving when we were seated and given menus. After 10 minutes of no service, we had to walk over to a waiter to ask for drinks. The food (pasta) eventually arrived but pepper, parmesan cheese, bread and water were not offered and had to be requested. Food was pricey, average at best and at no time were we asked whether the meal was satisfactory. Waiters then walked past our table for 15 minutes after we had finished without clearing it.

By this time, the restaurant was quieter but we were not asked if we wanted dessert or coffee. In the meantime, a table of what the restaurant clearly considered VIPs had arrived and they had a waiter providing full time service for them whilst we waited and waited.

To add insult to injury, on receving my credit card statement, I discovered that they had put through my payment twice - it wasn't even worth the amount they should have charged. I will be charitable and put this 'error' down to appalling service and lack of attention and professionalism by the waiters rather than their response to our clear dissatisfaction with the service.