“Did you just say that?”
Review of Marie Laveau - CLOSED

Marie Laveau
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mariatorget
Description: After 12 years of continuous evolvement Marie Laveau is more relevant than ever. Inspired by American bistros, Marie Laveau has created a welcoming restaurant for the whole family on Hornsgatan in Stockholm. The menu is inspired by Southern comfort food with roots in New Orleans, Louisiana and Southwest Mexico. No white tablecloths or magniloquent dishes, but more relaxed and open-minded atmosphere. Marie Laveau is a pleasure-dome in a small format for those who want to spend half the day and throughout the night under the same roof. The lunch is best taken at Love Food Cafe, where you will find well-prepared sandwiches that you can order from a menu or if you prefer to make your own. After work is best taken in the main bar. Ideal for group of friends who want to kick start the evening. The family might choose to sit in the dining room, the menu is the same no matter where you sit. Great cocktails? How about Stockholm's best cocktails? Go to Little Quarter, where the pace is equal to the love of the craftsmanship. Want to go clubbing? Club Laveau is open every weekend with crazy events, wild parties and amazing DJs. Marie Laveau is simply a place for the people, a place where everyone is welcome.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I really like this place but the thing that really put me off was when I was about to leave, (I cant leave a tip on the company card that I used to pay with but were planning to leave some cash on the bar instead.) But when the bartender looked up after printing the receipt and said "ge man, thanks for the erogenous tip" my wallet went strait down the pocket again and I out the door. Sorry guys, but thats not ok.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

One of my favorites in stockholm! Must book on week ends!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Didn't mean to eat creole food in sweden but a local friend highly recommended it and we were not disappointed. Very south american food, fresh and tasty. Bit odd to eat caribbean food below 10 degrees but it was a nice and funny atmosphere. After dinner the adjacent bar is packed with young people (20-35) because they always play live music. Fantastic fun. Don't forget to make your reservation in advance, chances are you won't be admitted because it's always packed

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Hot restuarant with Loisiana-style couisine. Cajun, gumbo and seafood and according to my friends excellent rich savory meat. The service was excellent, in the inner bar the show when the bartender prepared our Mint Julep was worth every krona. Saw and sniffed, thanx baree, many aromatic whiskeys and saw different interesting drinks, some which I will try next time.
In the restaurant our waiter helped us find the dishes of our liking and the drink to go with it.
The winelist was long and the beerlist very interesting with mainly american brands. When we ordered dessert the waiter sat down, listened to our preferences, gave suggestions and really made our day (or rather night).

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were a company of four couples that visited Marie Laveau a saturday evening.
Our first visit there. We started in the second bar, on the right side of the restaurant. The bartender gor at busy job to forfil our needs, and he did it very well. No problems to make three exellent Mint Julep:s, although it was'nt on the drink menu. A good start of the evening!

In the restaurant we had the BEST service. We found food in the menu, and we've got suggestions from the staff what beer we should try to it. The food was great and it was very nice to try some beers to it, that we (I) normally have'nt tested before.

Desserts! Do we need desserts? Frankly, no. But, yes, we've had desserts too. And a nice bourboun.

I can say this: You'll not leave this place starving!!!

1  Thank Mickelraev