“living on old reputation”
Review of Cafe Saturnus

Cafe Saturnus
Ranked #13 of 133 Coffee & Tea in Stockholm
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Ostermalm
Reviewed June 6, 2012

It was a great place for approx2 years ago, nowadays its living on its earlier reputations. The soundlevel is horrible, the staff is rude and the enormous cinnamonbun is huge, tasteless and dry.

2  Thank d a

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Saturnus is undoubtly the best place in Stockholm for brunch - pastries, the coffee and food and the French atmosphere makes on check once again - is this Paris or Stockholm...
Only minus are that it is popular so get there early for brunch if you want to sit at a table...

Reviewed April 2, 2012

This French café is a perfect place to relax after a morning visiting the various Stockholm sights. Cafe Saturnus is buzzing with life, it's almost always crowded (unless you visit early in the morning), but within 5 minutes or so you will get a table. If you go there for lunch, try their delicious omelets, soup of the day, or even a nice piece of meat. The service is fast and attentive. Don't miss this piece of France in the middle of Stockholm!

3  Thank GothenburgProfessor
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I'm struggling with myself as I write this review. On the one hand this place is superb and deserves every praise it gets - on the other, I don't want to tip off too many people to my favorite hangout! But it's just too good not to talk about.

The place is buzzing with people and on weekends the line hits the street. The first time I went here was with a large group of friends at the height of a Friday lunch rush. Seeing the crowd, we were about to leave when one of the waiters asked us how many we were. Even after hearing 7, he looked around and confidently said "give me 5 minutes". And it didn't take a minute more.

The food is great, service is professional and efficient to a degree that astounds me - especially considering how the place fills up. Everybody tells you to try the kanelbulle here (and it is good!), but if you happen to be around during semla season.. I was unconvinced of the concept after having tried a few different ones - but the Saturnus one won me over. So this is my favorite, busy, quirky, Stockholm hangout. But keep it to yourself, okay?

Reviewed January 27, 2012

The place is hyped so it is always fool. Once i was all by my self it was not hard to find a table. The service is good, as it is in all over Scandinavian, but because of the demand you feel you were left aside. BEST CAPPUCCINO EVER!!!!!!!!!!! The Cinnamon roles are the biggest in town.