“Average food”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vasastan
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

The food was not so tasty and the prices were average! Althought the atmosphere was good and the service really good and helpful!

There are newer reviews for Jensens Boefhus Sveavagen

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Out of stock on many of the vale for money items, products do not live up to menu description, cold dry food. False advertising all over stockholm. Worst wine ever served to anyone. Breadbasket of kr24 dissapointing. Table not wiped off and sticky. Overall really a terrible dining experience, wish I had gone to the 7/11 or burger king.

2  Thank Iseeallthesights
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Im unsure about it but I always end up going back to Jensens!
This was the first meal I had in Stockholm. At the time I thought it was nice enough and reasonably priced for where it is (right at t central)....nothing special but nothing bad. I like the way they give free refils of your sides and have a great salad bar with a good selection!
Another time it was very nice however the waiter forgot to bring my glass of wine....but I didn't mind afterall and just did not pay it at the end.
The third time I got the salad buffet with baked potato which was nice and came promptly. the waitress was very nice, friendly and helpful.
The fourth time they were quite busy.... we were waiting at the entrance for a while and quite a few staff walked by and looked at us then ignored us. When we got seated I got the salad bar again and the potato came quickly. We were in a rush and we wanted to pay and they were very obliging to us. Except one girl told us she was coming but then never did and continued making tables....
Overall, I would recommended it for lunch or a quick bite when your hungry in the center but many other better atmosphere places around for dinner.

1  Thank Mali G
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Went into this restaurant with my wife as we were hungry and thought since it was full it must be ok.

We were seated immediately and the waiter took our order when we were ready.

I had the larger peppercorn steak and asked for fries instead of potatoes and my wife had the tenderloin with pitato gratin instead of fries. The waiter happily changed the orders to match what we wanted.

the food came at a decent time exactly as we ordered and was hot and cooked correctly (both rare).

We had half a bottle of house white and a jug of tap water. The water was ice cold and fresh and the wine was ok (exactly as you would expect from a house wine).

The steaks, fries and gratin were nice and really surprised us.

We then ordered the waffle and ice cream for dessert. The waitress bought 2 instead of 1 but hapouly took one back when we corrected here. The dessert came promptly and was very nice.

All in all it was very nice food and very good service.

Would happily return and recommend to others.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

One of the few places that were actually open on the x-mas eve in Stockholm, that was basically the main positive aspect.
But waiting for a couple of lousy, not-that-sophisticated dishes pretty much killed the mood. We've waited for the appetizers for 37 minutes and the main course arrived 5 minutes later. The service was below average (way below, as customer service level here is actually quite good overall). I mean, c'mon people, if you are working over holidays, at least make it feel right for those, who have chosen your diner to spend it at.
Nothing special, meat was overdone, but the dessert gets 5 points.

1  Thank Loraq