“A nice greek restaurant”
Review of Faros

Faros
Ranked #593 of 3,046 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Greek, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: SoFo & Medborgarplatsen
Orebro, Sweden
“A nice greek restaurant”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a nice place, to which I have returned several times. It is what it pretends to be a greek restaurant, with greek food, nothing fantastic but good and solid. I do miss the better Retsina they had a couple of years ago.
On my last visit I enjoyed a good meal, though the meat was somewhat over coocked.
The appetizers are the best thing with the place and so is the best of their red wines.
A place to enjoy an evening when you want to eat out without all to much prestige or fuzz.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MOLSWE

Bergen, Norway
“Great food and service”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Greek food. Good sized portions, not too expensive. A bit too much sauce even for me, and I like my sauce.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Silcoo
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great food not so good service”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Great food, great service, great wine selection,,also located in a wonderful area of Stockholm

Visited April 2012
2 Thank balancewealthradio
Dublin, Ireland
“Not a big fan”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I went to Faros with some friends who really like the place, although I have never been a big fan i though I would try it again. Unfortunately I did not find it impressive. The starter was average and the main was not enjoyable. The service is decent although nothing spectacular. I find this restaurant average and with so many other options close by I would suggest going somewhere else.

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank eblac
London, United Kingdom
“OK but not as good as many people suggest, 6/10”
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Firstly, this isn't really a true Greek restaurant, more of a Greek-Swedish mix, as best revealed by the number of menu items which are the same you will find at just about every restaurant in town, just with a Greek-inspired garnish (the ouzo-flamed beef fillet with feta is a good example).

The food is mainly OK, my lamb fillets tasted reasonable but were tougher than I would expect and may not have actually been from the fillet, while my companions' beef dishes were fine. However my cheesecake desert was frozen - with no indication on the menu - tasteless and inedible.

Service was friendly but crossed the line into slightly overbearing on a few occasions (very theatrical waiter), while the atmosphere was nice and buzzy if a little loud - this is a popular local joint. Prices were mainly OK but the beef dishes were rather expensive for the quality of meat offered. For 3 courses, expect to pay anywhere from 255 SEK for the cheapest set menu to 475 SEK for the pricier choices.

An average choice, neither one I would recommend nor one I would urge you to avoid.

• Visited August 2010