“Calm, fast, nice waiters and not too expensive”

Operakallarens Bakficka
Ranked #36 of 3,279 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Swedish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Neighborhood: Norrmalm
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Got there as 13h30 on a rainy Sunday (maybe the reason why didnt have to wait to grab a place).
Ate the swedish meatballs which were very good, a salad and a small cake for under 250sek. Tapwater and bread n butter couvert not charged. The waiters were friendly! Would go there again!

1  Thank Rnbramos

Reviewed November 6, 2012

In spite of the very busy and demanding guests the staff is never showing a patronising or avoiding attitude or bad face - just providing the expected fast, efficient service and above i.e. adequate information about the meals/dishes and possibilities for adding or avoiding any options. The food is as good as it gets for reasonable prices including good wines by glass. Don´t expect to be seated too long - there is plenty of guests awaiting a seat around the very welcoming bar. Chairs don´t neither invite for longer visits...

1  Thank ahlenk
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I went on a Tuesday evening. There was no wait. The restaurant was not crowded. I sat at the long bar and was immediately greeted with a hello and a menu. Service was attentive, but not annoying. I had the herring starter. Excellent selection of about 6 different types of herring preparation. I also went conventional and had the meatballs. Excellent. Served with pickled cucumber, mashed potatoes and ligonberries. The sides were likewise excellent. I can see the place being a bit harried if it is crowded and busy, but my visit was nothing short of excellent.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Was expecting the best meatballs which ever came in contact with me tongue. I was dissapointed. Dont get me wrong. They were good. Nice creamy sauce and very good rasperries on the side. I must admit I am not a matballs expert, but if these are the meatballs on swedish territory I am sorry for the countries population.

The place itself is very nice and small. I was sitting on the bar counter which I liked. They also served nice bread with butter as an apatizer which I appreciated. So still worth a visit!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

After reading reviews on this restaurant, I decided to drop by to try during my trip to Stockholm. Came here on a Tuesday during lunch time. Ordered the meatballs and a swedish beer. It was a good meal. Nice atmosphere too. I wasn't disappointed