“Reasonable price and acceptable quality of food”
Review of Ming Garden

Ming Garden
Ranked #1,140 of 3,136 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: SoFo & Medborgarplatsen
Neighborhood: SoFo & Medborgarplatsen
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here while on holiday in Stockholm. We had seafood with tofu in a pot, a chicken dish and steamed rice for two. Drank chinese tea from a pot.

Price and quality of food was comparable to an equivalent chinese restaurant in Melbourne, Australia.

If ever we are in Stockholm again, we would here eat once more.

There are newer reviews for Ming Garden

Reviewed November 24, 2012

The food was tasty, the interior is spacios and relaxing and the waitors were attentive and polite. There are crayfish and other large fish in aquariums which will keep the children busy.

Reviewed February 12, 2011

The other reviews on this site (dated 2009) suggest the food is bad, this wasnt my experience in 2011. The food was actually very good, well prepared hot and tasty within the confines of the menu.

My only disappointment was there was nothing on the menu that really caught my attention or inspired me - i ended up ordering a plain chop suey but could have chosen many other bland dished.

The toffee banana with ie cream desert was very good. I normally dont bother with deserts at a chinese restaurant but a colleague had recommended i tried this and i was not disappointed.

Reviewed November 22, 2009

What more can be said? There was no care, no pride and the food left us sick. The chicken tasted as if it was freezer burnt and the sauce tasted like filth. It's really sad. We were craving Chinese food and could not have expected to be poisoned. If I were in my own country I would ask for my money back, or at least the cost of the tubes of toothpaste it took to erase the taste from out mouths. This was foul and I hope the place closes soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2009

We started with a peking soup and a chicken and corn soup. Both didnt taste fo anything and was with out doubt the worstand and thickest soups we have ever experienced in any chinese restaurant we have been to. For the main course we had a mixed dish with 4 different kinds of food: fryed stuf and other, and a nudleplate with chicken, pork and shrimps (there were exactely 4 shrimps). The main course was as bad as the firste, the only good thing was the deepfryed prawns. In all this meal cost us over 400 kr, which was very expensive comparede to any chines reastaurant!