“Best vegetarian food in Sthlm. I...”
Review of Lao Wai

Lao Wai
Ranked #202 of 3,112 Restaurants in Stockholm
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vasastan
Stockholm, Sweden
“Best vegetarian food in Sthlm. I...”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Best vegetarian food in Sthlm. I recommend smoked tofu and the 'chicken' dish when eating dinner. They only have one lunch option but its always delicious!. But the white walls and interior makes the place noisy and cold.

• Hungarian first
“The best veg restaurant in Stockholm...”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

The best veg restaurant in Stockholm.

I recommend the lunch with ok portions and a good price. If you are very hungry and ask kindly backup is often available.

Bonus: The Swedish artist Robyn is often seen dining here. Clearly she had a great taste :).

London, United Kingdom
“5*...and I am not even vegetarian”
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Travelling with a Canadian collegue who too often has to suffer the rest of the companies meat eating based restaurant choices, I decided to spoil him with a vegetarian night out on the basis that I was sure I would find something remotely passable to eat. Problem in the end was deciding which two dishes we would share and wondering if it would be enough. Portions were great, the food was freshly cooked and hot to the table, and the spicy dishes were just a perfect balance of heat and taste. As I said in the title...for someone who is not a vegetarian and was wondering to the wisdom of my meat sacrifice when I walked in....no regrets, in fact very pleased with my choice and look forward to going back soon.

Its a very cosy little place with limited numbers of tables, so better to book...and beware they close pretty early by more southern European standards. Kitchen is done by 9pm, but they'll be in no hurry for you to go.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Stockholm's most authentic asian food. Boring and dated setting, but still worth a visit.”
Reviewed January 8, 2010

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Vancouver
“Many items here are gluten-free!”
Reviewed August 27, 2009

I am so happy we visited this restaurant. Almost every item on the menu is gluten-free and I don't hesitate to say that it is the best restaurant I have ever visited since being diagnosed as a celiac.

Everything is vegetarian, and most are vegan. The food is amazingly fresh and subtle and presented beautifully. We were in Stockholm for 3 days and went twice to this restaurant and were very pleased with everything we ordered! They are open for lunch and dinner, and closed between 2-5pm every day.

The restaurant is quite small (maybe 12 tables) and it was always packed. Our second visit was on a Saturday and we got there right at 5pm. This was lucky as we got the last table that wasn't reserved. It was very, very busy.

There seemed to be only one server for the whole restaurant and he was very pleasant. He offered menus in English and there was a note on the menu that anyone interested in touring the kitchen was welcome.

If I ever make it back to Stockholm, I will immediately seek out this restaurant again! Excellent visit, great staff, good prices and very clean, pleasant environment.

2 Thank LudwigSodermalm