Chokladkoppen
Cuisines: Swedish, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stopped off in this cute little cafe partly to shelter from the rain and partly the sample the hot (white) chocolate that my partner raved about since her last visit. And it was good, I'm not usually one for hot drinks but I enjoyed this one. Maybe the 'large size' was too big because none of us finished. This place certainly is popular and had people queuing to get in. The vibe is rather intimate as all the tables are tiny so there isn't much space. The food looked good but we didn't eat here. Recommended for a quick stop off. Very cosy.

Iain, London

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We visited Chokladkoppen just for a drink and some cake, The hot chocolates were lovely, however the cakes were very average. The chocolate muffin and cinnamon bun were both very dry. However the location and lovely ambience and decor were enough to make it an enjoyable visit, and the staff were friendly.

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

The location and atmosphere at this cafe is really quite good. The sandwiches, cakes and salads were fresh and tasty.

The coffee was decent, hot chocolate was a bit ordinary. The service was very mixed. One day the staff were appalling, rude and dismissive. The next day they were all friendly and pleasant.

It's the people who often attract and encourage someone to return. Ditch the dead wood staff

Reviewed May 10, 2013

One sentence is enough: Don’t go there! Although Chokladkoppen is just placed under the one of the most beautiful buildings of Stockholm, it doesn’t worth to go and eat there. We went there for resting our feet by having some dessert and hot chocolate but this choice made our stomach upset. I had hot chocolate (which was highly recommended in other reviews) and my husband had white chocolate cheesecake. Hot chocolate was a mixture of hot water and cheap cocoa, it was the least delicious hot drink I have ever had. And the cheesecake, I can’t find right words to describe how tasteless it was. As a nature of the word itself “cheesecake”, you expect to taste cheese in this cake but it was whipped cream served on crushed biscuits! It was more than disappointing!

Although they served this bad food/beverage, it was not cheap. We paid 85 SEK in total. I wish we could have spent this Money in something else

Go, take a photo of this nice building but do not eat/drink anything there!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The cafe is an excellent spot for a break when in Gamlastan.

I had a hot chocolate and piece of cake both of which were excellent.

I found the staff very friendly and they spoke perfect English.

1  Thank Mcneesh