“Great food and great service. No way you walk away hungry.”
Review of Doden i Grytan

Doden i Grytan
Reserve with
Doden i Grytan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #611 of 3,280 Restaurants in Stockholm
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vasastan
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I've eaten here twice, two years apart, and we were very satisfied both times. The service is very personal (which some may have a problem with), and very friendly.

The food is excellent. Everything from starters to dessert is great. It's more expensive than the highly regarded restaurant "Linguini", where I haven't eaten. But since I know how good Döden i Grytan is I have trouble going to another Italian restaurant. I'm not in Stockholm often enough. :)

Reserve a table, to be sure.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Ate here with some colleagues in October. Had a great pasta dish, with extraordinary wine. This place is highly recommended. On the downside, we waited 45 minutes for the main course.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

This is a terrific restaurant: reasonably priced and delicious. I read some of the other reviews that complained about service, but we had no problem (we booked ahead, so no wait time.)

- I suppose service is one of those things that varies over time with staff/management changes, but I should note that in Stockholm, service is never the same as in the tip/service oriented culture of the States. So it could have been a culture thing.-

My boyfriend got the lamb (265) and I got an awesome pasta dish (it had chicken and some sort of wine sauce - 165?). We were both very pleased.

Lovely atmosphere:)

Reviewed November 20, 2010

We had dinner at Döden i Grytan on November 12th, had heard it would be a good Italian but we were disappointed. We had to wait for our table at a bar down the street, service was not very attentive. Starters were average, main course far too salty, winelist limited and not very interesting. Our first bottle was simply bad, then ordered one for 700 SEK that was fine but overpriced. Won't go back again.

Reviewed February 16, 2009

I've been to Döden i Grytan a couple of times and what I really enjoy is the fact that it's non-cliche. It's not your average pasta or saltimbocca place it's focuses a lot on the more wholesome, heavier food and on top of that it really has good staff and ambience.

It's mid-range in price (195-255 SEK for a main) and good in serving sizes.

I always start with anti-pasti because it's a make-or-break for me. The spread of cold cuts was good with 8 different sorts ranging from breasola to salami calabrese to Mortadella.

This (last) time I had rabbit as a main. Always nice if you get it on the bone but a lot of work with the tinier bones. The sauce was a nice red wine and vinegar jus while my girlfriend had beef roulades with rosemary and pancetta.

The wine was a Sicilian Bacca Rossa (Nero d'Avola, Cab Sauv) and worked great with both starter and main.

We finished of with a double macchiato and a fruity and velvety grappa.