“I always take people here”
Review of Shanti

Shanti
Ranked #582 of 3,347 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoFo & Medborgarplatsen
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is my favorite Indian restaurant to take friends (the one at Södermalmsallen 34). In the summer it has really great outdoor seating with a lot of tables and the building is curved and quite interesting. So if you sit inside, it's also nice with a giant wall of windows. The food has always been good here. I've taken my husband, friends and my children and they all love it. The one on Katarina Bangatan also has good food, but I like the atmosphere at the Södermalmsallen 34 better.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This review is for the Shanti at Rådmansgatan in Stockholm.

The food is nicely displayed.
We were four to share as we are used to from Asia. The plates were too big for the table. The sauces do taste the same and we suspect that the same sauce is used for many dishes.
The spices were the same for all our four course which was one disappointment. We like spicy dishes and a curry that tastes curry. We believe that Swedes do not share the courses they stick to their own dish and the restaurant has adjusted to this.
They should perhaps ask the customer how spicy they wan their food. we want more taste.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Living just a few blocks away from this restaurant, I have been here numerous times for dinner as well as bought take-away. This is also where I take my UK friends for a "curry away from home" when they visit me in Stockholm. Food is always great, I usually have the "Garlic Balti" or the "Palak Paneer" and they are both great.
Staff is a little bit stiff at times (even if you go there often) and every time I made reservations, they seem to have no clue what I am talking about when we arrive. You always get a table, but it's a bit annoying to make a reservation, show up and having to wait for 15 minutes...
Outdoor seating in the summertime. Place get's packed quickly, especially on weekends. Located a bit off the beaten track, on a side street about five minutes from nearest tube station. Well worth the walk though.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great Indian food. Not much more to say, one of sthlms finest places for indian food. Usually crowded, so book a table.

1  Thank thesutex
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great food and always packed during the weekend. The mixed sizzler and korai is to recommend. Have been here a few times and yet to be disappointed.