“Great Thai Food and Theme”
Review of Koh Phangan

Koh Phangan
Ranked #150 of 3,056 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoFo & Medborgarplatsen
Snohomish, Washington
“Great Thai Food and Theme”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We hadn't had Thai food for quite a long time and we really enjoyed eating here. We had phad thai, a peanut sauce dish, and curry. All of our meals were excellent. The design of the restaurant is very unique and fun. We had our own little hut and that made the experience a lot of fun. We would definitely eat here again.

• Visited October 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Verry nice”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just like thailand =)
Verry nice, be there at least 1 hour before you want to eat. It is a verry popular place to eat and preparty. Have buckets! =)

Visited September 2012
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Psychedelic Neon Jungle”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We walked to the restaurant through gorgeous Södermalm in beautiful Christmas snow and entered a psychedelic neon jungle. It was an entertaining contrasting experience. We had nice curry under a mango tree. Service was good. But the unusual atmosphere stole the show.

Visited December 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
“Lovely atmosphere but average food”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is the place you go to when you want to experience a thai atmosphere. The environment is amazing! The food is not the best and a bit overpriced, you can find better food in a thai trolley that is in every corner in Stockholm. Even though, I still recommend a visit.

Rock Cave, West Virginia
“Terrible Experience from Start to Finish”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I always love trying a new Thai restaurant when I travel. My wife and I were excited to try this place because of all the favorable reviews. As we entered we stopped in a long line of people at the coat check. We were told that we would have to leave our coats and pay 20 sek per person. I had read that many places do this in Stockholm but it felt like paying a cover charge to eat dinner. I also found it very off putting to pay someone to take my jacket and have them fumble about and do it slowly as more people tried to come in the door. The amount of space wasn't adequate and I feel if someone's only job is to take my coat that they should be able to do that well.

The restaurant's decoration is what I would imagine a restaurant would look like if someone spiked Jimmy Buffett's cheeseburger in paradise with some lsd and gave him free reign to make his vision come to life. We were seated at a small table in the corner. It was cramped and didn't really have adequate space. The Christmas lights that were all over were alright until they started blinking really fast. This would happen every couple of minutes and I eventually learned to just look away during the course of my meal. The place where the menus were kept was on the other side of the table and several times during the meal a waiter or other staff member would quickly chuck some there. I didn't really like that since it was basically what I was directly looking at across the table through some fake bamboo covered with lights. I guess it was just where we were sitting but many times a staff member would walk into that section of the restaurant and start talking loudly to a waitress or other staff member right next to me. I understand that people have to work but they could have stepped five feet away from me and not been shouting right above my head. Our waitress was pleasant enough but after she asked us how everything was (just about a minute after we got our food) I never saw her again. I assumed eventually her shift was over and I wouldn't have minded at all but just saying, her shift was over and someone else would be helping us would have been appreciated. The person who eventually came by was the bartender but he wasn't very attentive.

I ordered a pork dish which wasn't bad but overall but was very forgettable. If this was a take away place I would have thought it was alright but considering the price I was disappointed. My wife ordered a vegetarian dish with tofu in it. I have to admit that it was pretty gross. I enjoy eating meatless dishes and I like tofu sometimes but this just wasn't any good. The tofu might have gone bad but I'm not sure. I think this is even more disappointing because usually vegetarian dishes are quite tasty from Thai places. I've eaten Thai food in many restaurants in several different cities and countries and this was some of the worst and most expensive I've had.

The bathroom was a for both men and women. My wife told me that the "wall" separating the two stalls consisted of green beer bottles which were fairly see through. She realized she could easily make out the woman sitting and then standing up in the stall next to her as she went in.

As we left we once again were greeted by confusion at the coat check. The person there seemed to have a very difficult time finding our jackets. When I got mine back I noticed that some of the lining in it had been unzipped. I'm not sure how that happened but I found it fairly annoying. It doesn't harm anything but I feel hanging up a coat is extremely simple and it shouldn't be hard to get it back in the same state it was given especially since I paid money for the "service". As we started to leave more people jammed up at the entrance as the coat check wasn't able to handle the volume.

Obviously this restaurant is popular judging by the reviews on here and that by the time we were leaving several parties of people had there names on a board waiting for a table to open up but I honestly can't understand how anyone could enjoy such a terribly run establishment.

• Visited November 2012