Tripadvisor
Stockholm

“The Finest Meatballs I've Ever Had!”
Review of Bla Dorren

Bla Dorren
Ranked #77 of 3,810 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sodermalm Borough
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great atmosphere. Super-friendly serving staff. This place was buzzing on a busy Friday evening and we were lucky to secure a booth. Boy am I glad we did. I wanted to try the Swedish meatballs- and a traditional plate of Swedish fayre. I was told the meat was beef that evening. The mash was silky smooth- the nicest I've ever had and I tore into the meatballs- the lingonberries and pickled cucumber the perfect accompaniment as the cream sauce removes the tartness. My husband said he had never seen me eat like that. I told the waitress that it was the nicest thing I had eaten in a year.She replied that sometimes the simplest things are. If that meal was simple then they obviously serve consistently excellent food here. I still believe it will be my best meal of 2020. Outstanding.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

Really tasty Swedish restaurant!
We were recommended this place by our hotel and the recommendation was very welcome, what a gem!
Friendly staff and I went with what was recommended, pancakes to start which had mushrooms and all sorts of yummy other stuff with it the tastes combined were amazing.
Main course was beef, potatoes and onion with a egg yolk, again very traditional and very nice tasty.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere and great service. We got the food fast even though the place was fairly full for a Sunday.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

Best served Swedish meals you can get for a reasonable price in Stockholm. Service is great as well. Don’t miss the homemade mustard or pork medallions.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed December 27, 2019

Of course, we loved the meatballs and smashed potatoes but we felt in love with the variety of salads and sides available. We felt like a in a B&W film.

Date of visit: August 2019