“Not what we expected...”

Birkastans pizzeria
Ranked #910 of 3,307 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Vasastan
Neighborhood: Vasastan
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Perhaps I'm used to another kind of pizza where I come from, which is full of ingridients and thick. You will be impressed from the size when served (imagine that it doesn't fit the plate) but it's so thin and the ingridients fall off unless you fold it. Anyways, it's tasty but you might be hungry after a while so why not order pasta. Both pizza and pasta we tasted were spicy enough to keep you up all night drinking water.
If you have no problem with spicy food then no problem, but if you 're not that kind of type, you 'd better pass.
Only a few tables at the pizzeria for costumers as it's famous for order by phone and come for pick up.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

When we arrived and sat down the chief of the staff shouted to us that we had to come to the counter to make the order. He was very unpatient and also let other guests come in front of us. That was rude.
The place was very little, with only a few seating and hardly could be called a "restaurant" but more like a take-away-place.
The pizza was also way to big (the biggest I have ever seen) and would only suited very big and hungry men, after my opinion. The pizza floated over the plate and hit the table - that was definitely not delisious!
I will not recommend this place if you want to sit down at a nice place having dinner, but this place is only for a quick bite ore take-away.

1  Thank Selma1e
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Go and try a mega pizza. The pizzas are very thin but big. It´s a small restaurant with some few tables inside or outside but it always works out to get a table. The pizzas cost 70-90SEK.

There is also pasta, salad and meat.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

After reading some of the other reviews, I got tempted to go to that place for a late lunch. I arrived and sat for a little more than 5 minutes, I had to call the waiter's attention for him to come over otherwise I would have kept waiting for I don't know how much longer...I'd like to stress that there were 4 people seating by then, so it was definitely not rush hour !

Decoration is very poor and looks like a regular bistro. No menus available in English. When the pizza arrived (preparation was quick), The waiter just dropped it in front of me and started to leave, I had to almost grab him back to the table to ask for a fork and knife!

Yes the pizza is big and impressive. However do not expect anything more than that! The taste is okay but seriously, I found the service to be quite poor and for having lived in Italy for a few months, I can assure you that pizzas in Italy are way better. To wrap it up, I do not recommend this place to anyone looking for fine italian pizza. This is a place you go to for a quick and cheap lunch/dinner.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is definitely the place to go if your hungry! It's usually a lot of people in this place so you may have to wait for the pizzas for a while before getting them. But trust me it's worth the wait! The pizzas are not only huge but they're also good flavour wise! You will be rolling out of this place if you finish your pizza!