“The biggest pizzas in Stockholm!”

Birkastans pizzeria
Ranked #1,529 of 3,228 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Vasastan
Neighborhood: Vasastan
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is definitely the place to go if your hungry! It's usually a lot of people in this place so you may have to wait for the pizzas for a while before getting them. But trust me it's worth the wait! The pizzas are not only huge but they're also good flavour wise! You will be rolling out of this place if you finish your pizza!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

It's a really thin pizza with not tons of stuff on it, but it's really tasty and H-U-G-E. It's looks like this http://imgs.sthlmsfinest.com/blogEntryImages/805182.jpg. They have only two sizes - kids size and huge. The pricing is from 70-90 SEK and 50 SEK for a kids pizza. You have to wait maximum of 4-5 minutes to get your pizza.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

When I was visiting Stockholm during July, I found myself a little homesick for the good old USA during the fourth. For a little comfort food, I decided to seek out this highly recommended pizzeria for a few slices of pepperoni pizza and a cold coke.

I must admit it took me a little time to find the place as I'm not good with street names to begin with and then add in that Stockholm's streets seem like they were named by getting a martian with no understanding of any human language to randomly mash a keyboard missing half its keys while blindfolded and then not posting signs on any of the streets anyway, I got a bit lost. The store itself is not quite a hole in the wall place as there are a few tables inside and outside but it is still rather small.

Despite the martian's best efforts, I managed to find Birkastans pizzeria and get my pizza. Even though it was a weekday afternoon, the place was quite busy and I soon found out why. To put it simply, this was damned good pizza. The crust was baked perfectly, not quite burned but just slightly blackened. The pepperoni was spicy and the cheese was melty and stuck together like birds of a feather, always a good sign.

One thing I don't understand about Scandinavian pizza places is that they never slice your pizza for you. This must be done using the forks and knifes provided. I don't hold this against Birkastans as it seems to be a common practice but it does require you put some extra thought and effort into eating pizza, which is totally un-american. A pizza cutter would have been nice addition to the table (they may provide these but I didn't think to ask)

Final thoughts: If you find yourself in Stockholm and find yourself missing the red white and blue and craving a yellow and gold pizza with red pepperoni or grey sausage and a lightly blackened crust, seek out the green banner of Birkastans.

1  Thank mr_cardholder
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Our family visited Birkastans having read reviews on Trip Advisor. We eat a lot of Italian food and rated these pizzas among the best we've ever had, rivalling Italy's finest. And yes they are enormous, but with their thin bases and delicious toppings cooked to perfection, you might just scoff the lot - we did! Great value, friendly staff, rapid service, simple but homely decor, and clearly popular with the locals, Birkastans is a delight.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

And tasty as well. The only downside is the size of the tables, if you are a party of 4 you have to use 2 tables because of the size of the pizzas. :-)