“Great seafood, service and people watching at this packed Seafood house”
Review of Sturehof

Sturehof
Ranked #45 of 3,280 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Swedish
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ostermalm
Description: Founded in 1897, Sturehof is a classic brasserie in the heart of Stockholm. It offers a sophisticated atmosphere and world-class food and drinks, 365 days a year. The primarily Scandinavian menu has French influences and emphasizes fresh local seafood. With its choice of bars, including the vivacious Stureplansbaren, relaxed Mellanbaren and the lively Obaren Sturehof offers something for every taste and occasion. Sturehof also includes Stockholms Matmarknad, offering a carefully selected assortment of food and primary products, focusing on superior quality, transparency in origin and sustainable production.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Smoke salmon and potatoes and dill cream potatoes were great! The Sav blanc wine was crisp and good too. Service was great! Sat near the entrance. Definitely get a reservation for Friday night! Spent around 500 Kronas for the meal. The bar was extremely crowded. We waited right outside the bar for 10 minutes for our table. Great place to people watch for sure!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,303)

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Designed to create a dining experience on a boat.
Many seafood options.
Violet Icecream is delicious!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stumbled upon this gem of a seafood restaurant quite by chance. I was fortunate enough to get a table right away - others who did not have a reservation had to wait. The knäckebröd was delightful. I had an appetizer of three herring, served with fingerling potatoes in dill. It was delicious. The Crayfish herring was the best. Then, for the main course, I had the Sturehof's bouillabaisse which was really excellent. You can't go wrong with this restaurant. I am glad I found it.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The best toast skagen ever is served here. I cannot come to Stockholm without making a stop here at least once for traditional Swedish fare in this cEntral location.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were taken here by Swedish friends who rated it which is always a good recommendation. I had a real hankering for some herring and we got a selection to share. With them came crispbreads and advice from our friends about which to have with what - and with that also came some caviar and cream mousse. All very delicious.

I then had chanterelle mushrooms ( it was that season) with lingonberries and potato dumplings but all given a light twist. The Swedes have had a food revolution over the last decade or so and become a nation of chefs/cooks/diners/experimenters and they buy more cookery books per head of population than any other nation.....

Stockholm is expensive and though we were not paying so I don't know how much the bill came to, I would guess it was eye-watering by average British standards.

1  Thank Lucyaspinall