“delicious swedish meatballs”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Prinsen

Prinsen
Ranked #40 of 3,027 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: European, Swedish, Scandinavian, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Norrmalm
Newport Beach, California
“delicious swedish meatballs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

My daughter and I had dinner here our first night in Stockholm. We were looking for traditional Swedish meatballs and we found them here. Our dinner was delicious as we sat outside and enjoyed a beautiful evening café style. Our service was attentive, and the restaurant busy for a Monday evening. We enjoyed our traditional Swedish meal. When visiting relatives we mentioned we had been here, and they said it was a locals restaurant. We were happy our hotel recommended it!

• Visited June 2013

• Finnish first
Halifax, Canada
“Tastiness off of the main drag”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Second evening in Stockholm, question: Where do we eat tonight? We wandered off the main street, Birger Jarlsgatan, onto the side street, Master Samuelsgatan, to find this busy little restaurant, Prinsen. We asked for and got a table out on the patio, which may well have been the last available.

Our server was a pleasant young man who brought us the bottle of red Northern Spanish 2009 mas martinet priorat menut for an extortionate cost of SEK 685 (=US$101). I write 'extortionate' cost as the same wine is available in the USA for US $21. We later learned that there are less expensive wines, but also that if you simply ask for a glass or, in our case, two glasses of red wine, you get a generous glass of quite quaffable house wine for less than SEK 100 each. Four of those approximately are a litre, or a third more than a 750ml bottle!

My wife decided not to have a starter, but I chose the gazpacho, which was typically tomato-veggie flavourful and lightly spicy. As her main, my wife chose the grilled sea bass with mesclun salad and sundried tomatoes. The fish was delicate, fresh and tasty. My choice for main was steak tartare, which was flash grilled on each side, but was typically raw ground steak mostly, accompanied with roast beets, mustard, capers and onions, all in independent parts of a serving platter in order for the guest to select how much of each to choose for his or her preference. I asked for and got some Tabasco sauce to spice up the tartare.

All in all, it was a very good meal and we would thoroughly recommend Prinsen.

The cost, excluding wine, already mentioned, was: Gazpacho SEK 169; Sea Bass SEK 269; Steak Tartare SEK 245. We left a 10% tip on the total SEK 1438.

1 Thank Melville P
Miami, Florida
“Lots of Locals, Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had a great experience at Prinsen. They were full inside so I ate outside. I was solo on this trip, the waiter was very attentive, and I had a prime table watching the people go by. Overall, the food was terrific. The appetizer salmon was one of the best appetizers I've ever had- it had an tremendous sauce on top of the salmon which made it unique in my experience. I ordered a traditional swedish veal dish that came with ligonberry and peas-- also terrific. Even the cheap wine from Portugal (not cheap!) was good. Best meal I've had so far on this trip.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very charming and great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'm not normally a meat eater, but the Swedish meatballs were outstanding! Service was a bit slow, but we were not ignored and food arrived in a reasonable time.

NYC
“Authentic Swedish food with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great Swedish Meatballs. Tasty rack of lamb. Very interesting wine list. Energetic, but borderline loud and crowded. Nice downtown location.