“Well cooked food with fantastic service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Den Gyldene Freden

Den Gyldene Freden
Reserve with
Den Gyldene Freden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 3,026 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: European, Swedish, Scandinavian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Description: At Den Gyldene Freden we have served authentic Nordic home cooking since the opening in 1722. Famous cultural personalities, tourists and local regulars visit our historic facilities in Gamla Stan to enjoy the fine food and the genuine atmosphere - for everyday or special occasions. We, the people who work at Den Gyldene Freden are very proud of our heritage and passionate about refining classic courses into modern cooking. Our philosophy is based on the idea that one must make time to cook - and eat - fine food. We make room for international influences, but our base is the Nordic kitchen interpreted in our own personal manner, with great respect for flora and fauna.
Stockholm, Sweden
“Well cooked food with fantastic service!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great food, we were all very pleased! Service was amazing, they served us bread several times, helped out with the food, gave me more soup when I mentioned it tasted good. All in all a great place to eat, one of my favorite restaurants in Stockholm.
Location is very nice and the place is very cute.

• Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
“A good local food”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Well, this place is a bit touristic version of Swedish food but still it is quite good. We had a group dinner in the basement and tasted the swedish meatballs, herrings and strömming. Evening was busy as there were large groups but service was just fine. I recommend this place.

1 Thank Jari S
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great service”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My wife and I spent last weekend in Stockholm. On the day of our arrival we walked into Gamla Stan and stopped at Den Glydene for a quick drink, in shorts and t-shirts. We were treated the same as any other guest and decided to book the following evening for dinner. We were not disappointed, great food, reasonably priced wines and excellent service. Well done Den Glydene, keep up the good work

1 Thank Darren R
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Swedish Perfection”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I got a recommendation to go here from someone online and boy was happy they did. The ambiance of the interior is nice. We went for lunch and the candles were lit, my first candlelit lunch ever. We ordered an Carpaccio'esque appetizer that was robust with flavor and I highly recommend. Then I got the Swedish meatballs, the best I've ever had and my friend got the Herring which he loved. After 4 days of eating in Sweden we wished we had gone back here.

1 Thank AmericanAbroadAMS
Hunnebostrand
“Very good, but.....”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The atmosphere is unbeatable.

You can really feel the precence of all famous artists, musicians, writerers and other guests from 300 years back.

The menue was not very extencive.

The food was nicely presented with a good taste.

But!!!!! The big disappointment was the cooking of the meat.

I ordered a medium-rare file of veal and was served well done. Very disappoining! It should not happen in a restaurang like this.

Visited May 2014