“Clarion” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Pretoria, South Africa
“Clarion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Great location. Rooms are a little bit small but we survived. No safe in the room we were in so you can't leave valuables behind. Near the metro and most of the city attractions. Reception staff was efficient and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, it is greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry for you not having a safe in your room. If we would have the honor to have you as a guest again, I would like to help you to get a room with a safe.

You are most welcome to contact me at nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Thank you for your kind words about our efficient and friendly front desk staff.

Warm regards
Nadia Fagerdin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed here for a week and kinda wished it was my home.

Spectacular place, and the breakfast omelettes are to die for.

Great location too. So nice to be able to walk there straight from the central train station, so nice to be in the middle of the city.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hi

It makes us very happy to hear that you wish Clarion Sign was you home.

That is exactly what we strive for all our guests to feel. I'll make sure to let our omelette chef to know that you loved his omelettes.

We hope we will have the honor to have you as guest soon again

I wish you a wonderful day.

Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

One night business stay. On the plus side are the location, the friendly staff, good free WiFi and a smallish but clean and efficient gym. The overall ambience is modern and trendy and the bar area had lots of atmosphere and was busy on a Monday night. Less good points included queues at check in and check out - somewhat perplexing was a male member of staff at check out who finished serving a customer, looked up to see the line almost reaching the door and decided that was the ideal opportunity to take a coffee break or something. Breakfast was overwhelmed by the numbers, long lines, no tables, dirty plates stacking up. Room was small and functional and the ability to make tea or coffee would have been appreciated. Glad I was only there one night. I suspect there are better options in Stockholm for the price.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor.

I'm truly sorry to read that we did not live up to our standard. Your feedback is very important to us.
I would love to know more about your stay. If you have the time, I would be very grateful if you could send me an email about it to: nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Thank you for your lovley comments about our friendly staff, location and the atmosphere in the bar we dearly appreciate it.

I wish you a wonderful day, and hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

The hotel was extremely busy this weekend when we stayed. With only 3 lifts we spent a long time every day waiting for an available lift and with a buggy the stairs was not an option.
Good breakfast and friendly staff in the restaurant area.
Reception staff not very friendly at all and seem very unorganised with long queues the whole weekend.
The rooms are pretty standard and the view could for sure be nicer compared to a lot of other hotels in stockholm.
Ok stay but you wouldn't remember it for a reason of being great or bad.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review, it is much appreciated.

I'm very sorry for the hotel being very busy upon your stay, I would love to hear more about it. If you have the time I would be very glad if you could send me an email to: nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Thank you for your kind words about our breakfast and friendly restaurant staff.

Hokksund, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Me and my husband stayed three lovely nights at this hotel. We treated ourselves with a suite, workouts at the gym, a massage treatment, and had delicious breakfasts at the hotel. We had all our other meals outside the hotel, so I can't say anything about the hotel restaurant.

Shopping streats and attractions are a short walk away from the hotel, and you can combine it with trips on the local ferries to visit the other islands in Stockholm city.

I don't recommend the SPA at all. I wouldn't either call it a SPA, but more likely a beautyclinic. The prices both for the treatments and the entrance are expensive - you have to pay extra to use the "SPA" facilities, which counts a heated outdoor pool and a sauna, even as a hotel guest!

The hotel offers free wifi for hotel guests. We had poor wifi signals at a restricted area near the entrance door to our suite, elsewhere in the suite we had no wifi signals at all. We noticed the staff about it, so hopefully they will fix it until the next guests arrive.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We really appreciate the feedback you have given us, we want to improve ourselves as well as the hotel every day.

I would be very thankful if you have the time to email me about your stay.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about Clarion Sings location and delicious breakfast.

Best Regards

nadia.fagerdin@choice.se
Kristiansand, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Modern, trendy with a very nice staff. Walking distance to Main Station/Airport Shuttle + nice restaurants recommended by the staff at Sign. Excellent and friendly service. Enjoyed the room with the glass facade + outdoor pool.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hi!

Thank you for your wonderful comments about Clarion Signs serviceminde staff, pool and our location.

It is dearly appreciated.

We hope to see you at the Clarion Sign soon again!
I wish you a wonderful day.

Lund
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

This hotel is in the same price range as many of the other large chain hotels in the area, but to my opinion does not reach the same level. It reminds me of a standard hotel in Germany where you would pay 60-70€ per night.
The room was the biggest disappointment for me. Mine on 6th floor was very cold, small and plain. Maybe the rooms on the other floors have a warmer feel? The materials chosen in the room felt cheap, like the bathroom tiles, the shower door that would not close, the duvet and pillows very synthetic. There was no floor mat in the bathroom (the first time I have ever been in a hotel without that!) so after my shower I had to walk around in water...
This is a very large hotel and it feels very busy. There were often lines to check in and out and the breakfast was inconveniently busy after 7.30.
Very nice attentive staff and the quality of the breakfast was really good with a lot of choice.
You shouldn't have to pay 95 SEK to go to the sauna and pool, but I guess that fee stops the place from getting completely overcrowded.
This hotel is fine if you go on a conference or course, not spending much time in the room, but as a solo traveler it didn't feel anywhere near homey enough.

/Christine

Room Tip: Do not stay on 6th floor if you like a cosy feel.