“Nice, crowded -great view”
Review of Clarion Hotel Sign

Clarion Hotel Sign
Ranked #40 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Oslo, Norway
“Nice, crowded -great view”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The rooms are clean and nice, but the design triumphed over common sense so there is little room for clothes.

The lobby and breakfast area are way overcrowded, but the staff is friendly.

We stayed in a "Superior Room", witch is way overpriced at this hotel (ie. nothing special, but still pricy).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
clarionsign, Marketing Coordinator at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, October 28, 2013

Thank you for your feeback with regards to your stay at Clarion Hotel Sign,

Your comments will be taken under consideration for the future and we appreciate that you have taken your time to give us your feedback.

Have a nice day!

Charlotte Andersson, Clarion Hotel Sign

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Finland
Reviewed October 18, 2013

As said in previous reviews, the location near the City Centre attractions and with easy access to ARN airport is fabulous. Friendly check-in if crowded at times. Make sure you get a room that faces the square-the view is quite nice. When Sign was opened, it was hailed as a welcome youthful yet high quality addition to Stockholm´s rather staid upper end hotel scene. The rooms, each floor being based on furniture by different iconic Nordic designers, are nice, at least not too cluttered. Bring proper nightgowns though if visiting in autumn,winter or spring, especially the larger rooms can be chilly. I had to ask for a heating fan in order not to freeze in the night. The other criticism goes to room service who seemingly tried to poison me with thoroughly undercooked fish-avoid it!!! The restaurant, Marcus Samuelsson-branded American Table is quite nice, why can´t room service food hold the same standard???

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the Norra Bantorget Square!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
clarionsign, Marketing Coordinator at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all the feedback we receive from our guests.

Nice to read that you experienced the check in as friendy
Happy to read that you like our restaurant American Table and we do apologize for the problems you had with the room service.

We hope to see you as a guest here in the hotel again and that you will give our room service a second chance.

Have a great day!

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I loved almost everything about this lively hotel. It was clearly popular and the foyer and bar were frequently packed out with happy looking people!
My room was excellent, with great facilities and a fab view over a park / square. The breakfast in the restaurant was also wonderful, with a huge choice of lovely food. It was busy though and not easy to have a quiet breakfast! We had one evening meal, which was tasty, but not as expected - but we put this down to a lack of communication. (This was a conference meal and only one course arrived which we thought was a starter, but that was it...)
The lifts were great - what a fun idea to be able to sing and dance your way to your room! Also the staff were very helpful.
The main reason this doesn't have 5 stars is because when I arrived there was nowhere to get anything to eat! (Apart from v limited and expensive room service). I would have expected a huge hotel like this to have an all day restaurant or cafe.
I would definitely return though. Very nice!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the square in front of the hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
clarionsign, Marketing coordinator at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Hi

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Clarion Hotel Sign and that you liked everyting from the themed elevators to the room you stayed in! We are also happy to hear that you would like to return to our hotel and we look forward to see you at your next visit!

With regards to your expecations on the all day restaurant service, we are sorry that we could not live up to your expectations and I will take this matter further to the manager in charge for this department.

Charlotte Andersson
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

You can't really fault the location of this hotel - you can pretty much roll off the airport train and through the front door, which is great.

Room was decorated OK, a bit sparse but that's fine - and it was really quiet which was brilliant, don't think I actually heard any noise at all, but then I was on a high floor and at the end of a corridor. I didn't really mind the window straight into the bathroom or that the door was a frosted pane with no frame, so no soundproofing as I was by myself - but if I had someone with me, particularly if it was a friend not partner, I might feel very differently about it!

I think my main problem with this hotel was the volume of people - firstly when checking in, which took quite a while. But in general every time I went in or out, I had to fight my way across the lobby and queue for lifts (though the lifts are great and I really liked the themes!). Once in particular I guess a coach trip had just arrived, but the lobby wasn't actually big enough to fit everyone in, and it took me a fair few minutes and a lot of "excuse me! Sorry!" and squeezing through to get the not many metres to the front door. Breakfast was an absolute scrum both mornings I had it - the cooked food really wasn't very good either, but mostly again you had to search around the dining room for a free table, then either leave a jacket on to hold it - first day I tried this and by the time I'd picked up juice and coffee (I think it was the worst coffee I'd ever had in Stockholm), someone was sitting on it anyway, or wander about waiting with a plate for someone to vacate.

Possibly because I was on a quick business trip with almost no time at the hotel and was really busy, but I would stay somewhere with a bit more peace and quiet next time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay at Clarion Hotel Sign. We always strive for customer satisfaction and your feedback has been forwarded to the head of departments and been taken under consideration for future improvements.

We would like to wish you a lovely evening.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed here at a friend in september 2013. We'd heard that it was a barscene at the ground floor but we we were not expecting that kind of a crowd checking in Friday late afternoon. The rooms were Nice and the location of the hotel is great. The breakfast felt crowdy and a bit messy and dirty actually since there was a lot of People and different Places to get Your Food. The Food was great though. When we checked in we registered an open bottel of beer in the mini-bar - that's not good. We also told them to get more soap for the shower since it was empty - that never happened - were they too busy?!?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
clarionsign, Marketing Coordinator at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hi,

thank you for you review of Clarion Hotel Sign. I will take your opinion with me to each department manager to make our service at the hotel even better.

We hope to see you as a guest of the hotel soon again and we wish you a nice day!

Best regards,
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a new hotel as far as we could see, at least very newly furbished, With a design- (each floor a different designer) and music theme. The children (11 yrs old, two of them) loved the four elevators, each with a different music genre (pop, jazz, rock and ABBA). The breakfast space was lovely, the room was spacious (we had an upgraded family room), and the service whenever we needed anything was great. The hotel is just by the train station, but not much noise from the streets at all. Highly recommended. The SPA pool on the top of the hotel was fun, albeit a bit small. And we do think that it should have been free for the hotel's customers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hi,

thank you for your nice review of Clarion Hotel Sign. We are glad that you liked the room, the breakfast and the elevators, but most of all we are proud about the nice words about our staff.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

The fact that one has to queue up for 15-20 min to check puts you off but otherwise a great theme hotel. ABBA all over, music and very hip interiors. Rooms are small and functional. No frills. Bathroom is bright, clean but quite basic. Location is great.

• Stayed September 2013
clarionsign, Marketing Coordinator at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hi,

thank you for your review. Hope to see you as a guest of the hotel soon again.

Best Regards,