Lowest prices for your stay
$173
Lol.travel
$166
Anders G
Oslo

Good design hotel but missing the comfort experience

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 17, 2013
My second stay at the Sign and it was a more positive experience than last time, but there is still some way to go to live up to the image they are trying to paint. I like the way they are promoting Nordic designers and architecture, but to maintain a competitive price level they have limited the "comfort" factor. The "industry" standard (incl. the terrible soap dispensers) does not make you feel any special at all - there is no personal touch, which could have worked well with the scattered design furniture.

The breakfast buffet is nothing more than you expect and scrambled eggs made out of powder are again an example of industrial production rather than superior guest experience. The Wi-Fi service (and speed) was very good/stable and the sleeping comfort acceptable. I did not try the bar, but observed that there was a good atmosphere with a DJ when I checked in late.
Date of stay: February 2013
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded Mar 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Thanks for reviewing us. Good to hear that you liked our Scandinavian design and architecture. I am sorry to hear that you feel that there is no personal touch.

Have a nice weekend
    $447
0.8 miles from Clarion Hotel Sign
View more hotels in Stockholm
5,054 results
All reviews rooftop pool arlanda express central station modern hotel big hotel superior room airport train breakfast buffet the breakfast area few minutes walk gamla stan spa city conference design
Selected filters
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a modern and quite unique hotel, with a good reputation in Swede.

I had a standard single room which I found nice and very comfortable and nice furnished. The hotel is perfectly located in the very central parts of Stockholm. Easy to walk to metro or find a cab just outside.

The breakfast buffet was very pleasant and also this hotel is famous for it's restaurants and bars.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Hjalmar,

Hope to see you soon again! Thanks a good review.

Take Care,

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

This new built and chic hotel tries hard to be modern and hip in the bad kind of way. The rooms and the building are ok in themselves and the location is central but it does not outweigh the young and arrogant personnel or the extremly overpriced restaurant and bar.

I suggest that you find another more friendly and reasonably priced place to stay in Stockholm. The Clarion Sign just don't make the cut.

Dear Johan,

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

I am sorry to hear to that you felt that we are overpriced in the Bar and Restaurant. I can recommend you the "daily special". Of course should we be professional in our service, I will look into that.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Located in an area close to the central station. The area used to be "rough" but is becoming more and "posh". The staff is nice, always with a smile. Nice fot both business and pleasure. Pretty inexpensive parking in the garage (for Stockholm conditions), 240 SEK for 24 hrs.

1  Thank GlocalSwede

Most welcome back!!!

Have a great day!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is my usual hotel when I'm working in Stockholm and I usually stay several nights every month. It's location is perfect, it's modern & stylish and the food at the American Table is really good. It's usually busy and it isn't cheap but it's a genuinely fun hotel with good facilities, modern rooms and a lively bar. I particularly like the music themed lifts. If you get a room overlooking the square then the views are lovely. You can't fault the service - in fact it's hard to fault anything!

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view of the square.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank TheLongWayThere

Hello,

Thank you for this lovely review!!! I am glad to hear that you like our new Restaurant.

See you soon!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I’m excited by the atmosphere of this hotel. The ground area is designed like a living room, modern, stylish, warm, comfortable. The food is delicious, even in the morning as well as for dinner (Tuna, Steak, as well as the vegetarian food). You have several places to sit. It’s also very likely to eat there, when you aren’t accompanied. Reception service as well as at the bar and the restaurant is heartly and professional.
The only thing I didn’t like is, that you have to pay extra for the spa area, this includes the fitness (which is small but very good featured). I recommend to book a room faced to the park (the view to courtyard is very poor and to overview the central railway station is not so bad, but …), I booked 9th floor, this was perfect.
I loved the location because it is so close to the city center and everything I wanted to explore, I made the most ways by foot (for going out, visit museets, go for ice skating at the kungstratgaden, jogging at djurgaden and making a boat trip.
I can recommend it for business as well as for private trips.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank christophstieg

Dear Christoph!

Thanks for taking the time to review us and also thanks for the great words! Lovely!!!

We hope to see you here soon again.