“Lots of good things....one/two areas to improve on”
Review of Clarion Hotel Sign

Clarion Hotel Sign
Ranked #52 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights last week on a holiday.
The Pros:
- Good breakfast buffet with lots of choices
- Chic design
- Located very near to the Central Station, and Arlanda Airpot Express Terminal; within walking distance to Gamla Stan and the shopping area as well
The Cons:
- Expensive (but then again, this is not restricted to this hotel in Stockholm)
- It can very crowded during breakfast service, esp around 8AM
- The WIFI connection - you have to change username and password every day for every device that you own; can be kind of troublesome

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time reviewing us. I am glad to hear that you liked our brekfast buffet. Please look in the elevators for information regarding less busy hours.

Hope to see you soon again
Chatrine

Reviewed September 23, 2012

- Great location conveniently 5 mins away from the central train station connecting the city of Stockholm with the Arlanda airport (ARN)
- Modern fittings
- Pretty good breakfast buffet
- Warm and friendly staff
but....
- Flaky internet (for me was working 2 days out of 5, other times it was pretty unusable. Colleagues of mine staying in the same hotel have had the same connectivity issues, although on different days)
- Gym embedded into the hotel spa but not included in room rate (only discounted for hotel guests)
- Minimalistic and cheap-looking room furniture
- No safe deposit box in the room

Overall, I wouldn't choose the same hotel for a business trip again mainly due to the unreliability of internet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time reviewing us. Happy to hear that you liked our location, staff, design and the breakfast. I hope you tried our omelettes. All our hotel guests can for free use the gym in the morning mon-fri at 0630-0900, I am sorry if we not have informed this properly. Some of the roomcategories do have a safetybox, we have extra to use in our luggageroom on the first floor. I do apologize for the internet I will check this with our external supplier.

Most welcome back and have a lovely day!
Chatrine

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The hotel itself is modern, nice and clean and the breakfast is fantastic. But if you use the valet parking service, which by the way is very convenient and at a reasonable price, make sure you're not in a hurry when you pick the car up! We had to wait more than half an hour and it can be a problem if you have an appointment.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thanks for your review. Great to hear that you liked our breakfast! It is a good start for the day.
I am sorry to hear that it took that long to get your car, that is not ok and I will follow this up with the Front Office Manager.

Most welcome back & have a good day

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 3 days when we were in Stockholm for a Congress. Our room was a standart room with no view. After reading the reviews in TripAdvisor, I expected more. Unfortunately it was below my expectations. Maybe because the hotel was very crowded and they were not accostomed to host so many people, or maybe they used to make special arrangements in the rooms for the visitors like us who came for the convention and maybe paid less; I don't know but have to write my experience. First of all, the location is perfect; couple minutes walk from the central train and metro station, only 15-20 minutes walk from the old city and only two blocks away from the shopping street. The hotel is well-lighted, decorated in a minimalist design; but I found it 'too minimal' in some aspects. For example, for a hotel over 550 rooms, the reception area is too small and since there is no concierge and the reception also serves for it, sometimes you have to wait really long. The rooms are small but OK, the pillows are not comfortable at all (one huge oversized and one very small pillow, all very uncomfortable). The bathroom is also small, no bath tube, just a shower, and no bathroom amenities other than a liquid soap dispenser, hair conditioner and body lotion (only one small tube from each). Even no shower cab.The floor is all wood (no carpet etc- which is good for hygiene) but they have to put disposable slippers since not all visitors carry their own one. So you have to walk barefoot and your feet get dirty. The open wardrobe is so small that you can only hang couple shirts; that's it. They cleaned the room every day but I don't find it satisfactory. The bed cover was at exactly the same spot on the chair at exactly the same way I did put after the room was cleaned, meaning that they did not even touch it. There was small hole on the bed sheet when we arrived, after 3 days the same bed sheet was there with the same hole- a little bit larger this time. There is a heated pool and spa at the top floor with an entrance fee. I can understand that but you have to pay also for the gym which, in my opinion, should be free for hotel guests.The staff is kind and courteous.You have free wireless even in the rooms. The breakfast is also good but crowded. As a whole, very nice location but do not expect lot.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We arrived on a weekend when the hotel was obviously overbooked and although we had reservations we were made to wait for two hours without apology! When I finally decided to complain I was told that their computer system had crashed but another hotel staff admitted that they were expecting "500 Indians" that weekend (direct quotes, by the way).

The hotel is centrally located, the breakfast buffet was very good and the rooms were small but comfortable. Careful about booking a double room, specify if you want two single beds because you are most likely to get one double bed. Nice rooftop but is part of the spa and has a great view of the city. Overall it was a great hotel but unfortunately, the staff need to be oriented that they work in a service industry. To the female Front Office staff who made faces when a I complained about the delayed check-in? Unacceptable?!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MariaVictoria0918

Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I am so sorry to hear what has happened, I do apologize and will follow this up with the Front Office Manager. Please give me your e-mail adress, my e-mail is chatrine.andersson@choice.se

I am glad to hear that liked our location, breakfast buffet and the great view. Today we have 558 doublerooms and about 200 of them are twins so pls let us know your when are making the reservation or when checking in what you prefer.

Have a good day,

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed for three nights on Choice Rewards points. Our room was small but very comfortable. The included breakfast buffet was superb. The location was very convenient for sight-seeing in Stockholm. Service was very good. One complaint: on weekdays, the fitness center was free for registered guests only for short periods in the morning & evening. At other times, even guests had to pay to use the fitness equipment.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelingman36
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear guest!

Thanks for reviewing us! I am glad to hear that liked our great breakfast buffet.

Hope to see you soon again,

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to check in early at 10:30 am after an overnight boat trip from Helsinki. The hotel design and furniture is inspired by great Scandinavian and Finnish designers and architects, varying by floor. My room was small but immaculate and it looked brand new. I was also pleased that I could open the windows.My only complaint was that I would have had to stayed in a much more expensive room to get a safe.

The buffet breakfast was high quality with some organic items, fabulous bread and huge choice of meats, cheeses, fruits, breakfast pastries, croissants, even veggies. A nice feature was milk in a refrigerated dispenser. I usually ate around 7 am so I never experienced a crowded dining
room.Unfortunately, I did not realize until the end of my stay that the breakfast included custom made omelettes you could order from a bar near the entry to the dining room.
An unusual feature for a hotel outside the US was an ice dispenser with disposable cups next to the elevators. The ice lasted several hours and combined with the excellent Stockholm drinking water eliminated the need to buy bottled water.

The hotel was conveniently located a short walk from RR station, airport train, and many Stockholm attractions.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Chita44

Hi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. Great to hear that you had a pleasant stay! We do extra safes in the luggageroom so next time please ask the Front Desk and they will help you.

Most welcome back.