Review Highlights
Amazing Experience!!!!!! VIP service!!!!!

This was an amazing experience from the first inquiry through the end of the tour. Stein (company’s... read more

Reviewed July 7, 2019
Cpalex73
Long Valley, New Jersey
via mobile
The very best!

Sometimes you come across a guide who really is a cut above the rest and we were lucky enough to... read more

Reviewed July 3, 2019
Traceybm
Auckland Central, New Zealand

Recommended experiences in and around Stockholm
from $42.28
The Vasa Tour
92 Reviews
from $26.43
from $41.23
from $29.75
More Info
All reviews private tour his knowledge highly recommend marco city hall six hours fantastic tour guide vasa museum a lot of fun uppsala interests sigtuna cruise itinerary tours sites van expert
Selected filters
Reviewed April 20, 2017

tour was from 9am to 5pm
we could design the tour to our interests
Marco is very knowledgable and provided insight about Swedish culture and innovation
we visited an environment freindly project and upcoming neighbourhoods
just a great day
totally satisfied

Date of experience: April 2017
2  Thank ts7092
Reviewed April 10, 2017

Marco was fantastic. He was able to tailor the tour to areas that really interested us, while still exposing us to the overall culture and amazing history of Sweden. Would recommend him to anyone looking for a true exposure to the region.

As it happened we were with him in the country on the day of the tragic attack in Stockholm. While we were all obviously shaken, Marco kept his composure and got us back to our hotel safely and quickly.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed January 26, 2017

My father and I came to Stockholm on the 3rd stop of our Scandinavian Tour and were never at a loss for interesting sites. We were originally booked with one of Marco's colleagues who unfortunately fell ill a few days before we arrived. Marco took us on with little prior notice and gave my father and I the tour of a lifetime.

Marco knows all of the little details that make travel interesting and fun, but never once made us feel like we were on a tour. Our stops included the Palace Apartments, Uppsala Cathedral and University, Viking Mounds and Relics, the Vasa, City Hall, Old Town, and the Nobel Museum. Dont miss the plank steak at Villa Godthem, viking candy and mead in Uppsala, or the pastries in Sigtuna!

He made us feel very welcome and we would definitely recommend using him to anyone coming to Stockholm. We will definitely be visiting again and using Marco.

Date of experience: January 2017
6  Thank Brandon B
Reviewed January 5, 2017

I've traveled all over the world with many tour companies as well as private tour guides over the past decade, enough to know that your tour guide makes or breaks your experience.

My brother, on the other hand, had never toured before, so it was very important to me that his first private tour experience was exceptional.

Marco Giertz delivered.

Marco is phenonemal at creating and delivering a world-class itinerary that is catered to your interests, while personally engaging all involved in a very fun, animated manner. He's furthermore a consummate professional, one who is highly knowledgeable and can share great insights about his beautiful city and its environs.

Having done my own pre-work to rule-out several tour service alternatives and finally deciding on Marco because of his communication skills, I tested his ability by cramming in visits to over a dozen tour sites in a 1.5 day period, complete with a delicious sit-down meal. He handled everything flawlesslessly, and even without rushing nor making it feel as aggressive of a schedule as it was. It felt leisurely because Marco was positively engaged and uplifting at all times.

Because of his unique ability to entertain, Marco created lasting memories for my brother and me, which is priceless.

Date of experience: December 2016
3  Thank Dazeemae
Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

Marco KNEW HIS STUFF! Every question we threw at him he could answer and you could tell how pasaionate he is about his country. We did a short 1 day tour and now we want to come back again in the Summer!

If you could choose one tour, pick Marco!

#noregrets