“Best breakfast EVER! (Also good for long weekends in Stockholm).”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Time Hotel
Ranked #27 of 157 Hotels in Stockholm
Dublin, Ireland
“Best breakfast EVER! (Also good for long weekends in Stockholm).”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

So we booked this hotel for a 4 day 3 nights trip in Stockholm during February. (Apparently a very cold time of year to go). But what with all the strange weather in America this winter, the knock on effect was a fairly reasonable winter in northern Europe. There was only a little bit of ice on the sea xD (yep that's normal).

So where to begin. The hotel itself was perfectly placed in Stockholm. Both me and my girlfriend enjoy a walk and soon discovered the walk to the old town AKA heart of Stockholm was only about 20 mins. With an awful lot to see and keep you occupied along the way. For the less active the local tube station is only 5 minutes down the road.

(I would recommend if you prefer this option, getting one of the blue metro cards, it made the whole experience so much easier and for a small fee gives you unlimited travel around Stockholm's buses tubes and the tram to Djurgarden).

The tube line that services the hotel runs straight through the centre of Stockholm and across to Sodermalm where if your looking for some fun, less well known bars and restaurants then this is the place to go. Including an absolutely mental Thai restaurant 'Koh Phangan' that will have you believing your in a beach resort. Complete with fake thunderstorms (Don't worry though you wont get rained on).

The hotel itself was clean, modern, friendly and very welcoming. The room we was given was a free upgrade because it was a quieter time of year. I feel this is, if anything a good representation of the customer service in this place. The staff where always keen to look after us. And would even help us with our negligible hold on the Swedish language while we enjoyed a late drink at the small bar.

The hotel also has a sauna/relaxation room that is available for guests to use in blocks of an hour a time. It was amazing. Complete with sofas, rugs, showers, about 500 towels and of course a sauna room with wooden benches and the customary little water bowl. Also like I said, its hired in blocks of an hour. So you have the whole thing to yourself. Lush!

And lastly and most importantly. The breakfast! Oh what a breakfast it was. Just an absolutely massive unlimited buffet and breakfast bar that will without a doubt cater to your every dietary requirements and whims. I would recommend making the most of this. Its open at reasonable times and will set up your day so perfectly. (Especially as Stockholm isn't the cheapest city to drink n dine. Id put it on par with Paris and slightly more expensive than London).

Anything else I should add? Ummm Oh yea, convenient supermarket literally next door for your midnight snacks. Its on a very very prominent coach courier route that travels to and from the airport. Again within 5 minute walk of the hotel. And with free wifi on the coach so you can get your google maps up to help you on your way. The coach was called 'Flygbussarner'. And again makes your trip so much easier.

Lastly if you intend to visit Stockholm in the winter. Despite popular belief there is so much to do and see. Places don't seem to close out of season and there will guaranteed be plenty to keep you entertained. The only thing that may be off limits would be the boat trips out into the archipelago. They don't really start running until March time. Due to aforementioned sea ice. Also in the winter it is likely to snow and indeed, be somewhat covered in snow. Always magical.

All in all, I would completely recommend this place to anyone. And the ONLY reason I'm not intending to go back is simply because next time I visit Stockholm I want to stay in the archipelago and go island hopping. (Sorry plus time).

Hope you all have a good trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Graeme B
RChibba, Ägare at BEST WESTERN PLUS Time Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you very, very much for your detailed and accurate review. I couldn't have said it better myself! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our nice city.
Alot of our guests like our breakfastbuffet and we try hard to always keep it nice and fresh.
Most welcome back, and if so please ask for me.
reshi.@chibba@timehotel.se & staff
managing director & owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Berkshire
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My partner booked our stay for my birthday treat. The whole experience was wonderful from booking in at Heathrow to arriving at Best Western Plus Time Hotel. The reception staff could not have been friendlier, they spoke perfect English and were very welcoming. I have never seen such a clean hotel. The lift was an experience to use, it is operated by using your room card. Our room was a superior room but I felt it was very basic. I expected to find tea/coffee making facilities in our room but you have to rent a kettle from downstairs, we are used to this facility in many other places we have stayed at much less cost!!! Breakfast was delicious, catered for every persons individual needs. It would have been nice to have had an evening meal in the restaurant rather than having to find restaurants elsewhere. There was a very basic bar menu. On my birthday my partner arranged for wine to be delivered to our room which was done so at the time he requested, thank you so much for doing this.

Room Tip: Lack of storage space in the room, no drawers for our smalls!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

A nice hotel which was only 5 mins from the metro. Breakfast was varied, the rooms were clean and the staff were polite. Disappointed not to have any soap in the room and we had to ask for coffee making facilities. A pleasant hotel which is suitable for a budget stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The hotel is standard, clean. My only issue with it was and that's why I am giving a low rating; is that, on my arrival I was put in the twin room, although I booked double. I've asked to be moved to the double room and the receptionist suggested I pushed 2 beds together. When I asked if she could send someone to do that, she gave me a look as if I am asking her for too much, and later when I came to ask her of how to connect to WIFI the same receptionist told me to go back upstairs and find it in the manual on the desk.

Not very nice to feel unwelcome.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank lelijos2000
RChibba, Hotelldirektör at BEST WESTERN PLUS Time Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Guest
I am really sorry for the problem this has caused you. For us, all our guest’s experiences are of great importance and I very much value your feedback to ensure we provide a better service in the future.
Once again, thank you for informing us and I am very sorry for the inconvenience. We, very much would like to welcome you back to us again so that we can give you our very best service.
If you have any further questions please let me know and please feel free to contact me anytime if there is anything I personally can do for you.
reshi.chibba@timehotel.se
managing director & owner
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed at Best Western Plus Time Hotel two years ago and based on that positive experience, I stayed there again, when I had a meeting at the university this time. In general the hotel makes a very positive impression. The reception area and the bathrooms in the lobby are very clean; the people at the front desk are friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and the bed as comfy. I was on the 4th floor and - even though I am a light sleeper and normally need ear plugs when I sleep in hotels - it was so peaceful and quiet that I could sleep through the night without ear plugs and woke up refreshed the next morning. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. There is a very big selection, but more importantly, everything looks very fresh and clean. Every morning there is freshly sliced fruit, GOOD juices, and several sorts of fresh bread, a big assortment of cheeses and cold cuts (I even saw smoked salmon one morning), cereals, scrambled or boiled eggs and bacon, pastries etc. It is the best breakfast buffet that I can remember anywhere - including more expensive hotels - really good!
There is no restaurant in the hotel. But there is a good-sized supermarket next door, that has salads and sandwiches to go, as well as a deli section with a few tables.
My work took me to the university each day, and there was a bus stop just at the corner and only a 15 min. bus ride to the university, and in the other direction one can be in the city center in a few minutes. The bus stop for the bus to the airport is also nearby and from this hotel, and it is only a 30 min. trip. From this location, it is more convenient than taking the (significantly more expensive) Arlanda Express train. The next time I am in Stockholm I plan to stay at this hotel and I would recommend it to any of my friends.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and even though it was right across from the elevator doors and I was worried...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MaryEE49
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights over the new year period. It is bit further out from the main areas but quiet neighbourhood so was very peaceful. Rooms were lovely and modern and also very clean.Breakfast I found to be average and cold the times I had it. I had a lovely smoothie the first morning then they never did it again.

Hotel located Next to a supermarket and restaurants are a few mins walk away including Hard Rock Cafe. It took about 25 mins walk into the centre or metro was available about 5 mins away. The stops for the flybussarna (bus to and from the airport) was a couple of streets away.

Staff were all very helpful as we had to ask for directions a few times and they gave us a map to help aswell. The tea and coffee facilities for the rooms are kept behind reception so you have to ask for them when you get there.

Would stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SJWS1105
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Hotel is about 20 minutes from Stockholm central. There are multiple metro lines that will reach it. Odenplan is the closet stop to get off. But will require another 5-10 minute walk from the metro stop.

It's a very quite area at night but feels safe. Rooms are large, modern, and clean. Free Wifi and friendly staff. Breakfast was amazing, so delicious and good quality with lots of variety. Probably the best I’ve had in a while. There's not a lot in the area and things close early a night. There's a local BKing that's open late by the station. There’s a super market next door along with a Coop a couple of blocks away for cheap water and food. There's fresh fruit in the lobby for guests.

Definitely good value and not too far from central station. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
RChibba, Hotelldirektör at BEST WESTERN PLUS Time Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for your nice review and I am happy that you enjoy your stays with us. This was a very positive review and a I really enjoyed reading it. Of course we always strive to show us from the best side and apparatly we have succeeded.
If you feel so please ask for me the next time you visit us. Would be nice jus to say hi.
Most welcome back