“Amazing food, atmosphere and service! Favorite Stockholm restaurant!”
Review of The Hairy Pig Deli

The Hairy Pig Deli
Ranked #17 of 3,279 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Description: At the Hairy Pig we specialise in local produce and high quality dishes within a comfortable hunting lodge environment. At the Deli we have our specialities: our homemade sausage and home smoked pulled pork, with which you choose 2-3 of our current tapas. We also have Craft beers and ciders, not to mention local cheeses too.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was only in Stockholm for 4 days, but I made sure I ate here more than once! The food is fantastic - local, fresh, and home-made. The owner is an involved and knowledgeable chef, and took plenty of time to talk to my friend and I about where he gets his ingredients and how he makes his meals. The atmosphere is unique and cozy, and I could easily have whiled away an afternoon in one of the little nooks. Here's the clincher - the friend I brought with me is a die-hard vegetarian, and even she loved it - a restaurant named the Hairy Pig! This restaurant has something delicious for everyone and will be one of your favorite experiences in Stockholm! If you're in Gamla Stan, eat at the Hairy Pig!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,027)

Reviewed July 23, 2014

A fantastic place in the picturesque Old Down! I had high hopes as the place has so high scores here at TripAdvisor but the deli totally lived up to it. I will definiately be back next time in town! The food is ambitious, the atmosphere genuine and the owners really friendly. I especially loved the wild boar sausages and the beer from a local brewery.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Had a great dinner tonight at the Hairy Pig. Tiny place with delicious charcuterie and salads. A wonderful change of scene for those growing tired of the same old tourist food. High marks for the high quality of the food.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We found this restaurant thanks to tripadvisor's recommendations! It is located in Gamla Stan, the old town in Stockholm. So the place is really nice ! The restaurant is small and cosy and has also some tables outside. The welcome was very friendly and we immediatly felt comfortable. We ordered different kind of Tapas: different sausages (one of my favorite is with the fennel!), grilled pecorino cheese, chick peas salad with spinach (delicious) and coleslaw. Everything was really excellent and we could feel that it was really homemade. The restaurant has also some local beers and they were excellent ! I would really recommend this restaurant for his friendly staff and for the amazing food !

1  Thank indogirl_5
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We went to The Hairy Pig Deli after we saw it on Trip Advisor. We had to wait a little while to get a table, as they're not blessed with a large premises, but it was absolutely worth it! The service was incredible, and the food was amazing. We were only in Stockholm for 3 days, but if we had had more time, we definitely would have gone back! I've never had food like it. It was also incredibly reasonably priced, and although it as definitely our best meal on the trip, it was also the cheapest.
110% recommend.