“Gooood selection of wine!”
Review of Gaston Vin

Gaston Vin
Ranked #618 of 3,112 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Fusion
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Gooood selection of wine!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We wanted spanish wine they didn't have, but tje service found a good replacement. Very cozy place, good service and excellent wine. Highly recommend

Reykjavik, Iceland
“A surprising gastronomic journey in a winebar”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stumbled into Gaston Vin by accident one evening when roaming around the foggy streets of Old Town. I felt welcome from the moment I entered, breathing in the relaxed and heartwarming atmosphere of the place. I was received by a waiter who during my stay offered excellent and professional service, answering any question asked and giving good recommendations.

I wasn't looking for a place to eat, maybe a glass of wine at the most, but when I saw the menu I wished for hunger. It simply looked too exciting and I ended up having a three course meal. Gaston serves food from the kitchen of a neighboring restaurant, The Flying Elk. I hadn't dared to enter that place solo so dining at Gaston was the perfect solution for me.

After a long process of considering every option I chose Scallops with truffle-scrambled eggs, salad with duck and blue cheese and a toffee pudding. The starter and the desert were heaven, the salad was ok but nothing more. But choosing the food was the easy part. When it came to choosing the wine I needed expert opinion. Luckily the waiter seemed to know the winelist (or should I say winebook?) by heart and have a first hand experience with the wines as well.

I was extremely happy with my experience, super service, good food and enormous selection of wines. I recommend this place for anyone looking for good food, good wine or both.

The author has years of experience of service of both food and wine

• Visited February 2014