“Very comfortable hotel”

Ranked #52 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
melbourne
“Very comfortable hotel”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We had a great corner room on the 5th floor with two windows and fab views.
What is in the room is all first rate e.g the bed is one of the most comfortable I have slept in ,including my own.
My only criticism is I would like a little more furtiture in the room ,for example a chair.to sit in to read rather than lie on the bed .
If the Hotel wants to maintain it,s minamilist style it could provide a collapsible chair which could either be stored in the room or elsewhere in the hotel.
Friendly and helpful staff

Room Tip: Corner room on the 5th floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Erica Å, Hotelldirektör at Scandic No. 53, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hi Pablomelb23,

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at HTL Kungsgatan.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Stockholm

/ Erica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I could not fault this hotel. Very informal. You can come and go with no front desk. But always staff to help. Bar with nice covered outside area. Breakfast is small. But that is fine for me. If you want a big English breakfast go elsewhere.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hi Truro,

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at HTL Kungsgatan.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Stockholm

Nyköping
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel is clearly forging a new concept through reducing space but keeping quality and the overall experience high.

I was staying in town for one night only and needed somewhere central just to sleep but with my high standards, I found most hotels in the quality category were unaffordable. I opted for a basement room in HTL so no window but that did not matter - I was not there for the view.

When I arrived at the main hotel entrance I thought I had used the wrong door since the reception area was very informal and like a modern café - with some cakes atop a marble counter. Well the staff cheerfully greeted me and in fact this introduction summed up the hotel in a nutshell.

My room was very small - no desk, wardrobe or chair but that was of no consequence - it was just a clean bed that I needed. Everything was well ordered, so you could still hang things - but not inside a cupboard. There was a big, flat-screen TV on the wall and a very comfy bed with crisply laundered linen. The bathroom was tiny but perfectly adequate and beautifully designed (lovely shower gel too). So my impression was a clever use of the space and I slept very well.

Breakfast was limited to a small café-style menu but it all looked and tasted good. It was much better than a greasy fried selection which is the usual hotel offering.

Staff were very bright and jolly and so all in all, I will definitely use this hotel again in similar circumstances

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Sweden_Daphne
Hi Daphne,

Thank you for your great review. We're really glad that you enjoyed your stay in Stockholm and HTL Kungsgatan.

We hope to see you again on yor next visit to Stockholm.

Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed June 11, 2014

HTL is perfect to stay in Stockholm.
Although they have small rooms they are super clean and confortable. Beds are super confortable and ready to give you a good sleep.
The hotel is situated almost in the centre so you can easily have a walk through Stockholm streets or just have any bus/train.
Food is awsome and breakfast is very delicious and plenty of coffee, yoghurt, croissants and sandwiches.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hi Andreea,

Many thanks for the great review! We're really glad that you enjoyed your stay in Stockholm and HTL Kungsgatan.
We hope to see you again on yor next visit to Stockholm

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. Perfectly suited me. As somebody who often travels alone and is almost always disappointed that single travellers get the most rubbish room and get completely ignored by service staff I was pleasantly surprised and felt very welcome.Clean and functional, very friendly staff at reception/bar. Good value. I was traveling to Stockholm for a conference and the prices in other hotels were out my league. My colleagues either stayed in much more expensive accommodation or far outside the city centre for the same money. Ideal location to explore Stockholm on foot or public transport. Walking distance to train station and airport express. I don't like breakfast in hotels and just had breakfast in one of the many nice coffee shops in the vicinity. But I had food at the hotel several times and although the menu is small the dishes were fresh, delicious and imaginative every single time. My room was very quiet despite overlooking the inside courtyard.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Hi Eva,

Thank you for your great review. We are so glad that you liked us.

We hope to see you again. Welcome back!

Borås, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This hotel was rated 4 star on Hotel com and as an experienced traveller I would this 2,5 maybee 3 stars... We were greated with some young guys that suggested that we should do the checkin on our phones, 'just download the app'. And there we are, fiddling around, keen to get to our room, and the guy is just standing there watching is! I quickly put a stop that amd advised him that checkin clearly must be his job, not mine!? Coming up to the room that was nice and newly refurbised but small (the bathroom was like a closet) there is no wardrobe for your clothes and 2 hangers on a visible rack. There were racks with lots of hooks, and obviously this is brilliant solutions for teenagers instead of dropping clothes on the floor....? We had some nice clothes with us for different occassions so I had to go down to the reception (as there is no phone or frontdesk at the hotel) and remind them that 'we are those complicated guests thats actually travel with some clothes that needs to be on a hanger... and after some time we got 2 more!!! Sorry, not got enough - but after some discussions we finally got what we needed.
The breakfast was a strange setup. Nothing wrong, I actually did like the offer as I dont need lots of egg and bacon - but felt like a student on camp when I lined up and was told I could pick 4 items, and in those items I had to include coffe or tea - ok, so I got to pick 3 items then...

Based on the look and setup with more a bar feeling than an actual hotel, this place will soon turn into a party place - and the people behind this concept must have totally missunderstood that the rating of a hotel is not based in cool interiors - you need much more than that! The eperience reminded me of a freeway hotel stay on the autobahn, but that has of course a totally different pricetag and you never expect any real service. That I do from a 4 star hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Anette J
Hi Anette,

I'm so sorry that you don't liked our concept.

If you have any questions you are more that welcome to contact me.

London
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The hotel met all of my needs - close enough to the station and metro which is just what I needed for my trip. Close to restaurants and bars too. I was on the 2nd floor - heard no noise at all and had a great night's sleep.

Things I liked - easy check-in, no issues and help needed if required. Wifi worked with no problems, places to hang my stuff, shower was really good, breakfast was fine. Also, they email you the receipt. or those of us on business, that is a great feature. Who needs paper.

One downside - no desk & chair. The room wasn't big enough.

Overall, I will stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your great review. We are glad that you liked us.

We hope to see you soon again.