3,940 results
All reviews the club lounge old town gamla stan central station classic room city hall arlanda express across the bridge perfect location walking distance lobby bar baltic cruise an upgrade royal palace beautiful city shopping area junior suite
Reviewed August 30, 2016

The room was nice after I asked to pay for an upgrade. They put a single woman in the back near stairs and closets.

It was my birthday when I checked in and not even a kind word!! The check in people were rude! Not friendly at all! They were the only problem with the hotel. They were very unhelpful to me; however, I did see them answer questions for other people and not take people in line behind me before me!

The room with the upgrade had a nice view. The bed was nice as good as the Sofitel.

Room tip: Get a room with a view of the water.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

Dear Phyllis P,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Stockholm. I can see from your comments that you were not completely happy with your stay and it makes me and the team very sad to hear. It is important that every guest is met in a truthfully respectful way.

We usually take every chance to celebrate any special occasions, such as anniversaries and birthdays, and I am sorry that we did not acknowledge your birthday this time. When we are informed on forehand we always do a little something, as we feel this is important and creates good memories to bring home from Stockholm.

Regarding your comments about the staff being unhelpful and that your questions were unanswered is troublesome and I apologize for any disappointment and stress created at the time.

The information we take part of here on Tripadvisor is important to us and I am glad you bring your thoughts forward to us. Should you come back to us one day, please reach out to me and I will personally make sure you are well taken care of.

Yours sincerely,
Lars van der Most

Reviewed August 29, 2016

I selected this hotel as I wanted to be close the the old city. I was not disappointed as it was equidistance from the business, shopping and old city. The hotel was up to Sheraton standards and our room was very comfortable, the room service efficient and reception friendly. The dining room for breakfast was chaotic. Limited space, tables too close together making conversation difficult and queues for buffet breakfast irritating. Suggest that breakfast is excluded and it is taken at one of the restaurants close to the hotel.

Room tip: The best rooms face the waterways
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

We spent one night at this hotel after a cruise. The room was clean and well appointed. The concierge Milly was very helpful and steering us toward a good restaurant that evening. The only complaint we might have is that we got no upgrade and ended up looking at an enclosed courtyard even though we are SPG gold.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Dear dhs13,

Thank you very much for your excellent post! It is so inspiring to read your fantastic words about our dedicated staff, and especially our concierge Mille.

When it is possible we offer our dear SPG Gold guests an upgrade. In the summer we are often not able to do so, as the Superior room type is the most popular one. To be certain to stay in one of these we suggest that you upgrade with your points well in advance. I hope that we can secure one of these rooms for you if you ever come back to us.

Your sincerely,
Lars van der Most

Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

We are only mid way through our trip but we continue to be disappointed with our stay. First we had the saggy awful beds in our first room complete with a broken air conditioner. Now we have a smaller room that also had a bad air conditioner (now ok) and still has a non working bathroom fan. Last night my daughter used a creamer from the room for her tea and then discovered it expired in May! She felt ill after that and slept poorly as a result. The food offered at cocktail hour in the lounge last night was terrible - we have no idea if it was chicken or some other mystery meat in the "nugget". Breakfast the last two days in 360 (I paid for the full breakfast) was missing any pastries. This is also the only European "luxury" hotel that does not offer mimosas with breakfast. As we look at our gravel roof view, we are so sorry we chose this hotel and feel that it is not at all worth the money we are spending.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

Fantastic location, the hotel overlooks the Old Town and is round the corner from the train station.

We paid extra for a club level room so that we could avail of breakfast and complimentary happy hour.

Bed very comfy and room/en-suite very clean.

The reception staff were friendly and reception was smart, but even though a lot of the hotel had been renovated reasonably recently, it was still quite shabby road the edges. The lifts were impractical for suitcases and tatty and the room still had possibly original doors, so even though the bed and bureau were new, it felt like it still needed a refurb. The Shower was a little underwhelming and even though we asked for a view if possible (couple of celebrations) both us and our friends had poor views of a concrete quadrangle.

The club lounge itself was pretty small, but had a good selection of food and drink, again staff were friendly.

For the amount we paid I would expect more from a hotel; (express checkin for club room customers, not just spg members), a view, a room that is bigger for club customers and different to a standard room etc. I realise Stockholm can be on the pricey side but rather than exceeding my expectations it was a fairly mediocre 4* experience. If it wasn't for the location, it would be difficult to justify booking this property again

Trip type: Traveled as a couple