“Great downtown location”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #26 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 11, 2009

The hotel has probably the best location overlooking old Gamla Stan (with its Royal Palace and Storkyrkan to name but a few) and some 10min walk to the National Museum to the East. 5min walk to the west there is Central Train Station and after the Bus Station. 5min walk east you can start your walk to Drottningg with it's numerous shops, however the interesting ones start right after Ahlens Shopping Center going north towards PUB shopping center. Stick with the small shops in the myriad of streets if you are after original Swedish stuff.

The hotel room was quite large with a great southern view (although there is a busy intersection you can hardly hear anything) and all the mod coms you would expect from such a place. The internet is free in the business center located near the bar on the ground floor, however the PCs are a little bit tricky. The staff is very polite and helpful, un-affected and very friendly. Well done, guys.

The airports are all located outside Stockholm but you can take the train/bus for under £25 return. Based on my experience I would rather recommend to take the train as the accident I was in and could have been easily avoided by the Flygbussarna driver, shows that even at low speeds and not bad driving conditions, a moment of losing control can shatter your experience.

• Stayed: March 2009
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to us. It is indeed a pleasure to take part of such great and friendly feedback. We take great pride in making our guests feel at home here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel and therefore it makes me especially proud to read that you found our staff helpful and friendly. Also, the description on where we are situated and the shopping tip comes in very handy!
We wish you welcome back and hope that your next trip to Stockholm will be both safe and even more memorable. If there is anything we can do for you, just let me know.

Paul Peters - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,672)

Reviewed March 2, 2009

Excellent updated Shearton just across the street from the Central Train Staion.

As a Starwood Platinum I was already upgraded to a junior suite upon my arrival. The hotel appears to be recently remodeled. The lobby is very nice and trendy with a free internet station with 4 computers near the bar. There is also free wifi in the lobby area.

The lounge has a good offering of hot and cold appetizers as wells as beer, wine, and liquor.

The gym is amazing. It has a full circuit of equipment.

This is a very well managed hotel. I wish all Sheratons were this nice.

Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your warming and encouraging comments. I am happy to hear that you had a good time here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, and am especially glad that you enjoyed our business center, the Link, as well as our bar and gym. Thank you for the nice pictures! I hope we will have an opportunity to welcoming you back to us in a not too distant future. Meanwhile, if there is anything we can do for you; please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed March 2, 2009

My partner and myself were thrilled with the Sheraton. There are some negative reviews of the location but I thought it was perfect central for viewing nearly everything, The view from our room was outstanding over Gamla stan and over the water,And the champagne in the room was a nice touch added a bit more romance for asking the Big Question.

The staff were really helpful and friendly and the interior is really modern, The room was a great size and the bed was probably the best bed I have ever slept In.

I would recommened the Sheraton to anyone visiting Stockholm.

We never ate in the restaurant but it looked really nice and so did the food.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and others. We are truly pleased to hear that you had a memorable and special stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to contact me at any time.

My Team and I would like to take the opportunity to wishing you both all the best for the future.

paul.peters@sheraton.com

Reviewed February 17, 2009

Booked a 3 night stay in a superior "view" room
room was spacious and stylish
cost was approx 3500 kr including a really
good breakfast
The staff were first class recommending 2 excellent restaurants
and giving accurate information when requested
Could not have asked for more
would also stay with family as the hotel is very close to central station making it quick and easy to get around
Busy enough bar scene in the evening if that is your thing
Would definately stay again

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2009

This hotel was perfect for seeing the whole of stockholm, didnt have to get 1 taxi!! The room was small but was clean and had everything needed. The staff were very friendly and very helpful.. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2009

Recently returned from a long weekend in Stockholm, staying at the Sheraton.

The hotel is easy to find from the central train station (out the main door, turn left and you'll see it at the end of the road on the left hand side). Came through the doors and had our bags immediately taken from us to be taken to our room while once we had checked in. Check in itself was fine with staff providing a map and identifying places of interest and areas to visit for nights out.

The room was a decent size, the view was less than inspiring (the courtyard of the hotel) but I am more than happy to sacrifice a view for the quality of the rest of the hotel and the rate I paid.

I didn't eat in the hotel but used the pleasant bar area and free internet access for hotel guests was a nice touch (all other places I have visited have charged extra for this).

Location wise The Sheraton was ideal, easy access from the station (which means you're only really 25 minutes away from the airport given Stockholms "Arlanda Express" service), access to tube and bus routes, close to the Gamla Stan "Old Town" area and pretty close to everything we wanted to see while we were in town (only used the bus once but then we didn't mind the longer walks in the cold, others may prefer to make use of the afore mentioned public transport links).

In short I couldn't really fault the place, attentative staff, well appointed and well maintained. If I ever return to Stockholm I shall be staying at The Sheraton.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank PJSS
Reviewed January 10, 2009

A Sheraton always delivers. We often use them and are members of the SPG (Sheraton Preferred Guest) program. This is free to join and is well worth it.

We were only staying one night as we were in transit to the "Ice Hotel" in Northern Sweden.

Checkin was quick and easy and the staff friendly.

The rooms are what you would expect from Sheraton with everything you need.

Restaurants were excellent. Our 7 year old son had a full plate of clams cooked by the chef as he is a little fussy.

Stayed: December 2008
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2009

“Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your friendly and reassuring review, which I have shared with the rest of my team. It makes me very happy to read that you all, and especially your son, enjoyed our restaurant 360. Being a father myself I know how important it is that things work out right for the children. I take the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel!

Paul Peters / General Manager