“Family friendly - in the heart of Stockholm!”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #26 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night and were well taken care of by the friendly staff. The restaurant was a pleasant experience in the evening aswell as at breakfast! Nice cozy bed in a clean room. What more could one ask for?

• Stayed: April 2014
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Sus H,

Thank you for your nice review and warming words. Your feedback has been shared within the team and we hope to see you back one day.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

My girlfriend and I just spent a long weekend in Stockholm and stayed at the Sheraton all four nights.

Others have complained about the condition of the hotel or the room size. This was not our experience. We had a spacious, two room suite overlooking downtown Stockholm. The room was in excellent condition. The condition of the lounge, the fitness center, and the restaurant/bar areas were also top notch.

The best part of our stay, however, was the staff. I know that I will fail to mention some of the standouts, but Derek in the Club Lounge, Ida and Elin with the concierge team, Tobias and Sage in the bar area, Paula at the front desk--they really set the Sheraton apart from other experiences we've had both while traveling and frankly, while visiting other places in Stockholm even just this past weekend.

I would highly recommend the Sheraton.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed here several times for business. It is a very good, proper and professional hotel. All facilities are good, the service is fantastic, the rooms are a little small, but very nicely decorated and clean. The beds are great and the breakfast is amazing! All fresh and a lot of choice.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I went there thinking its a good hotel with friendly staff but apart from the breakfast I didnt enjoy my stay.
The floor where I was accomodated was very noisy and housekeeping was very active slamming doors and talking loud. I called front office but they said they will look into the matter. Someone from engineering came over to my room!! I requested to be connected to a duty manager and I had to wait long minutes for something which never came.
I had to call back and I encountered a person which was a duty manager. There were no apologies no politeness as if the situation I encountered was a normal one. I was told they would change my room. It was a very unpleasant situation and I dont see any focus on customer service!

Stayed: May 2014
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Fit01,

Thank you for your description of your experiences and feelings during your visit to Stockholm and us.

It is so sad to hear that you did not enjoy your stay except when it comes to the breakfast. Your description of how your call about the noise was handled seems strange and I addressed this immediately when I had read your review.
We want our guests to feel relaxed and energetic after a visit to us, and from your feedback I can only assume that this was not the case.

I apologize for the inconveniences you had to face, and hope you would consider giving us a second chance. Given your feedback I assure you that we will make every effort possible to meet and go beyond your expectations next time.

You will find my direct contact details below and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Sheraton Stockholm is located in the center of Stockholm. Train station is behind the corner. So, the location is great, but hotel itself is bit overrated. Our room was rather small than spacious, but it was comfortable and clean. Windows did not seem to have soundproof at all. So, if you want to have quiet room, ask one that has windows to "backyard".

Breakfast is rich and nice, but it is overpriced. Almost every hotel has same kind of breakfast in Scandinavia and very often it includes to room´s price. i Anyway, it´s nice to eat fresh omelet for the breakfast. If you book room from this hotel, be careful with minibar. It´s automatic and that means that they will bill every bottle, you once rice up or move. If you do move something in the minibar, ask reception to correct your mistake and they will do it.

Not so bad experience, but there´s no reason to come back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife, my 14 month old son and I recently stayed at this hotel during an impromptu trip to Stockholm. The main purpose of selecting this hotel was because it accepted dogs (with an additional 500kr cleaning fee - fair enough). As first time visitors to Stockholm we didn't regret our decision. We booked a standard King room which was well equipped with the standard mini bar, big screen tv, nespresso machine and so on. The hotel staff were very helpful during checkin seeing as we had a dog and a baby and needed to add a cot to the booking, didn't know where we should have dinner they accommodated every request with a smile. The hotel's location is perfect, walking distance to the palace, old town, the beautiful waterways and literally around the corner from mid downtown. The buffet breakfast at the hotel's restaurant is expensive but not one it was not a charge i regretted paying as it was extensive, fresh with chefs actually accommodating requests for omelets, fresh eggs and the alike.
All in all it is a typical Sheraton and what I've come to expect from the chain.
If I had to get picky the one negative I would say about the hotel's room decor is a little lost in translation, it has hints of traditional solid wood furniture, minimalist style mixed with modern design elements which leaves the room feeling a little cold - but by no means will this keep me from staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear TravellerPaul123,

Thank you very much for taking the time to make a post here on Tripadvisor. It is a delight to hear that you were all enjoying yourself, including the dog. It would simply be fantastic to see you back one day.

Regarding the decor, I would like to mention that the last refurbishment took place six years ago, in 2008, where we updated all areas within the hotel. We will keep your feedback in mind.

Hope to see you very soon!

All the best and warm regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

the staff were brilliant in general- especially front office
however we asked for a triple room and got a double! the price at check out was that for three beds and not two. it was not pleasant. the wifi was poor and I had to register to SPG to get wifi working - as a condition.
also even after asking the maids in the corridor - who spoke English- our beds were never made and towels never changed! we ended up taking some from their cart to dry ourselves. anyway - no tips for them in the room at the end of our stay

Room Tip: the lift on the far right gets stuck regularly
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear adaminhoxton,

My team and I appreciate being able to take part of your review.

I am glad you found our staff to be brilliant, but I must admit that it sounds strange that we never serviced your room, although you asked for it.

I can think of two reason for this:
If you choose to be part of our “Make a Green choice program”,(where you can choose not to have the room cleaned and instead earn SPG points), or if you keep the “do not disturb” sign on the door. In both cases our staff are instructed never to go in to the room.

Please feel free to provide me with more details, so I can follow up on. It feels important to avoid confusing our guests, and I would also like to look in to the number of beds you mention.

Looking forward to hearing from you.