“Pleasant stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I visited hotel on May 2014. Close to railway station, near to bus stops. It had very nice view from the room we've stayed. Room are clean, good size, well equipped and nicely designed. Restaurant in the hotel offers delicious meals. Friendly and professional staff, always ready to help.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ela P
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Ela P,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. A delight to take part of!

I hope you are already planning a new trip to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. When it is time for next visit, please do not hesitate to send me a note in advance. I will make sure we arrange a welcoming surprise for you.

All the best and warm regards,
igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Turku, Finland
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We has a pleasant stay with Sheraton, our family room had two double beds and plenty of space. View from the top floor towards the City Hall was great. Location works for Old Town etc. Service at the counter was brilliant, thanks for that. Unfortunately the building itself starts to be oldfashioned and lacking some character. Same goes with the room, its kind of 80's and tired.

Room Tip: Family room has two double beds and plenty of room. This is not easy to find elsewhere from Stockhol...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Maunolito
Dear Maunolito,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your family visit to us. How nice to take a trip together.

The view overlooking the City Hall can be very inspiring and our most popular rooms are the ones situated at the front of the hotel.

I can see that you feel a bit concerned in regards to the building and the look of the rooms. I would like to mention that the last refurbishment took place six years ago, in 2008, where we updated all areas within the hotel. We are sorry to hear that you feel our rooms lack character.

I hope to see you and your family back one day, and as you mention; our family rooms are very convenient to stay in, with plenty of space.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 8, 2014

After my 4 days of business trip in Sundsvall. I immediately went to Stockholm to unwind and enjoyed what the Stockholm has to offer. As an SPG member, the only hotel I know and I will feel more secure is in Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. It is famously located in the center of all tourist spots in Stockholm. It well convenient to take the train going to other cities and Arlanda airport From Sheraton, I walked over the bridge to visit the GAMLA STAN, Old townhouses, The Palace and shops for souvenirs . The room I had is quite small compared to other Sheraton hotels I've stayed in. It is comfy with a sweet sleeper bed. I like the restaurant that catered our buffet breakfast. The staff are friendly an attentive to my request. They'll greet you and encourage you to try some of the other menus. Over all it was a VERY GOOD experience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CarlaTortal
Dear CarlaTortal,

Thank you for taking the time to post your warming review here on Trip Advisor. It is so nice to take part of your thoughts, and hear that you feel secure here. It is important to unwind from the demanding business life some times.

Our central location makes us close to the archipelago and the Old Town, which I would say is one of Stockholm´s most visited attractions.

Loyalty should always be rewarded and please feel free to approach me directly with any requirements you might have for the future. We are already looking forward to your next visit.

Kauhava, Finland
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This hotel is in the very centre of Stockholm. I have been many times in Stockholm but this was my first visit to stay longer (2 nights!) and in the very center. The location is great to walk over the bridge to Old town or the other way to the central station. I also liked to jog along the path into the Kungsholmen where there are a lot of joggers. We received our rooms immeadiately although we came early. Thank you :-) The staff was very polite.
Minuses: no free wifi in the rooms. We were a group of 5 and it was impossible to find a table in the breakfast room. The breakfast premises are too small. Breakfast is a little overpriced.

Room Tip: See view is not very spectacular; we liked the rooms on the other side, they are very quiet from the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jyri
Dear Jyri,

Thank you for your post and nice words here on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that you had a good stay with us.

May has been such a great month were we have been fully booked or almost fully booked most of the time. When the hotel is full, also the breakfast becomes well visited during certain hours. I hope you despite this were able to enjoy your breakfast experience with your friends. The feedback you have provided is forwarded to our food and beverage manager. Much appreciated.

No matter what the purpose of your trip is: business, holiday or celebration; you are always warm welcome back to us.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We spent 4 nights at the Sheraton, while on vacation in Stockholm.

Pluses:
Location - It's walking distance from everything, or a short taxi ride away
Service - courteous, professional and with a smile
Room - clean, spacious, although there are minuses (see below)
Breakfast - although it feels like a typical "American hotel" type of breakfast, the quality is good, and the selection ample.

Minuses:
Concierge recommendations on Dining - we were given two recommendations by Ida, and both were not good (East for substandard sushi and Marten Trotzig which was overpriced and not good quality).
Room - there is some wear and tear in the room. The drawers in the closet of room 6 are crooked and are difficult to open. Overall, the hotel has not renovated the rooms in a decade or more (I know because I have stayed there before)
Value - at about €250 / night, I did not feel that the room and breakfast were a good deal

Overall, average.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a water view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear AlbertR,

Thank you very much for taking the time to commenting on your four nights getaway in May, to Stockholm and us.

The pluses and minuses you have brought to our attention have been forwarded within the team. I am surprised to hear about the restaurants that our concierge recommended and we will make sure to follow up. (These are to my knowledge good restaurants here in Stockholm.)

Regarding the room, I assure you that we like to keep our hotel in a good shape. The last refurbishment took place six years ago, in 2008, where we updated all areas within the hotel. Thank you for mentioning the drawers in the closet, which we will check and make sure these are fixed immediately.

I want you to know that you are always warm welcome back to stay with us, and when it is time for a new visit please let me know. I assure you that we will take very good care of you and make you feel at home away from home.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Recently returned from a truly excellent weekend break at this great hotel.
We were greeted on arrival by a most friendly and helpful man at reception and this set the tone for our entire visit. We had a lovely spacious courtyard room with a wonderfully comfy bed, the location is very safe and central, staff friendly and the hotel bar and facilities excellent.
The bar is a great place to relax or start/finish your evening and the food (club sandwich) very pleasant.
I initially thought the Arlanda Express from the airport to be a little pricy but having now used this service I found it to be pretty impressive - clean, fast, efficient and had us in the city in 20 minutes - perfect.
Can not wait to return. Thank you all at Sheraton Stockholm.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Rosie H,

Thank you very much for your absolutely amazing review!
I love to read about your trip to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel and your fantastic words have been shared with my team members.

We all hope to see you back very soon, where we promise to not only meet but once again exceed your expectations.

Keep up us updated on your future visits!

Warm regards and warm welcome back,
Paris, France
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Decrepit rooms that make you not want to stay a night longer, bathrooms too small to move about. Flimsy towels, pillows too soft. Rooms are depressing, the furniture is simply too outdated as is the air conditioning which doesn't tell you the temperature. Horrible wallpaper and curtains from twenty years ago, very far elevators, low ceilings. You feel like in a box. Club floor lounge crowded with families their children. The closet door of my room doesn't close. When you see other hotels of Swedish design in Stockholm, why bother staying here. It's something that hasn't changed since the 70s. Breakfast choices limited. Advantages : great location, spacious Club Floor room, nice gym, courteous staff. Otherwise avoid it unless you're a family with children (the experience might be different). Don't get a courtyard view, too dark and demoralising. Too many people in the lobby sometimes, the disadvantage of a big hotel. The building may be classified historical in the exterior but there are historic hotels in Stockholm, or anywhere, where the interiors are new. Time for a renovation, even if the hotel was renovated in 2011!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Makiesser
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Makiesser,

Thank you for your post and feedback on your recent visit to us in April and we are sorry for your unsatisfactory experience. We always aim to exceed customer expectations and obviously we fell short this time.

Going through your comments I can see that you feel disappointed mostly in regards to the room itself and the layout. The last refurbishment took place six years ago, in 2008, where we updated all areas within the hotel. We apologize if you feel this is outdated. The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed ensemble has 4 king pillows, and along with the bathroom terry was ordered last year. These are all of brand quality.

The Sheraton Stockholm Hotel has 465 rooms and when the hotel is full you may find many guests moving around within our premises. We love taking care of all our guests and no matter the occasion everyone should receive a warm welcome to stay with us; whether it is for business, together with friends or family, celebrating something special or looking for a romantic getaway.

I wish you would have contacted us directly during your visit so we could have had a chance to act upon your requests. I always encourage all guests to contact me directly so please feel free to do so, and once again we regret your extreme disappointment with your recent stay.