“Not as great as my last stay.”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I had the same lady check me in as the last time. She was very friendly and overall the staff are very nice at this hotel. I remember I had a memorable stay the last time I stayed here but this time around it was underwhelming. It was the first time in a while that I wasn't upgraded at a Starwood property. I entered the room and there was a note from the manager welcoming me back to the property but no welcome gift like a bottle of wine, basket of fruit or snacks. It made me feel like they forgot something because usually, there is a note with a gift at the majority of Starwood properties that I stay at. My room preference was not met and I had feather pillows in my room even though my SPG account clearly states that I am allergic to feather pillows. The breakfast was pretty good and the internet speed was fast. I am staying again tomorrow night and I just hope that it's a much better experience.

Room Tip: Get upgraded.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear whslc,

Thank you for your review and for letting us know about your dissapointment on your second visit to us. I sincerely hope this will not happen again, and I would like to ask you to get in contact with me directly when it is time for a new trip tp Stockholm.

Upgrades are always depending on the availabilty, and when we have a chance we always offer one. Same as we always check the preferences that our SPG members might have in terms of special requests. I apologise for not doing this correctly this time.

Hope to hear from you prior to your next arrival.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Have now stayed at the Sheraton Stockholm more than 5 times, and it continues to be very good, efficient and very welcoming. The breakfast itself is excellent and the staff (Julian and everyone else) continue to welcome you in the morning with a smile. The reception has continued its good wotk and make you feel part of the hotel on arrival.

Room Tip: Look to try and get a lake facing room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Martin1952_60,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visits to Stockholm. It is wonderful to hear that we continue to make you feel welcomed back over and over again. Your excellent experience and feedback has been shared within the team, and especially Julian send his warmest regards to you.

I hope you will have a new chance to visit soon and let me know if there is anything special I personally can do for you.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed at several properties in Stockholm and the Sheraton is definitely the most welcoming thanks to the great staff. Rooms are dressed in a cool 80ies style and large. The location of the hotel is great right next to Gamla Stan.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Gustav K, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear AckiHAM,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with other travellers here on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that you appreciated our most welcoming staff and I will make sure to circulate your experience with them. Our rooms average size is indeed one of the largest in Stockholm and I am delighted that you also appreciated our very central location.

We look forward welcoming you back to the Sheraton Stockholm.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Sheraton in Stockholm is quite trendy at first sights when you enter the Lobby. However, the rooms are boring and small, with low ceilings that makes it feel very crammed. Breakfast is nice and varied but If I was not an SPG Platinum member I would stay somewhere else as it is not Good Value for Money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear cornelia007,

First of all, I would like to extend a thank you for taking the time and effort letting us know of your experience with us.

Having read your comments, I would like to express my apologies that the room was not to your liking. Our average room size is approx. 25 sqm – one of the biggest in Stockholm. If you could get in touch with me directly so I can further investigate which you room you stayed in.

Lastly, I would also like to thank your positive feedback in regards to your breakfast and especially for your loyalty as a valued SPG Platinum member.

Warm Regards

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Sheraton Stockholm was featured in a media scandal the week of my stay. They could have handled the racist actions of their employees (barring a Roma woman from entering the breakfast area) graciously and made a public apology, but when this had not happened after two days I decided to end my stay abruptly 8 days before my scheduled check out, and took my business elsewhere. I see they finally made a public apology 4 days after the events but in my opinion too little too late. Aside from all this, my experience in this hotel was average at best.

1  Thank LotjeChili
Gustav K, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear LotjeCocomama,

Many thanks for your post regarding the unfortunate events of last week. Rest assured that this incident does not in any way reflect the beliefs and values of the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel or those of Sheraton as a brand.

Please know that we are taking this matter extremely seriously. We immediately apologised privately, and started an investigation into what had happened, before issuing our public apology. As a hotel, and as a company, we do not tolerate any kind of discrimination. We strive to be the industry benchmark for diversity and inclusion and work hard to ensure that all guests, customers, partners and associates are valued and respected. Here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, we have a team of associates comprised of over 40 nationalities. This culture of diversity and acceptance is key to the success of our business.

Should you have any further questions please do contact me directly.

Igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Reviewed March 27, 2014

On a positive, the room was very good, clean, functional well maintained and modern, in fact, the bathroom was the cleanest I have seen in a hotel fr some time and the bed got to marks. The hotel was quiet, in my 3 night stay I did not get disturbed once.
On a less positive note, as others have reported, your SPG status seems to count for little, even if you are entitled to an upgrade, it was not even suggested at checkin in my opinion, the main failure was the room service which was quite tasteless

Dear UkSil,

I was very happy to read your review here on Tripadvisor, especially due to the fact that you have enjoyed the cleanliness and maintenance of the room. It is indeed very quiet in our bedrooms, taking in consideration that the Hotel is in the heart of Stockholm.

Further on, I would like to express my apologies for not being able to recognize you properly as an SPG member and for the food not being to your liking. I will be sharing your feedback with the teams involved as we strive to please our most valuable guests.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or further comments in regards to your stay.

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Staying on business. Just one night. Sizeable room but looking a little dated especially in the bathroom. No bath, only shower in room. Chosen due to proximity to train station which is easiest way to get to city from airport. Plenty of American guests.

Dear Steve B,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback in regards yo your stay with us here.

Firstly, I am very happy that you have enjoyed the location of the Hotel as well as the good sized bedrooms that we indeed offer.

On another note, I am sorry to read that you did not find the bathroom and decor to be to your taste and I will be sharing your feedback with the teams involved for any future development of the property.

Should you have any questions or would like to share anything else with me, please feel free to contact me directly.