“Great Staff”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #25 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Spent one night at this hotel. Nice location overall. Very comfortable beds in quiet rooms, with great size bathroom. Wireless worked very well

The hotel had a nice looking lobby bar and is walking distance to explore downtown Stockholm

Check in and out went very smooth with great staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Ron C,

Thank you! For taking the time to give your great feedback and praise to the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel team. It is nice to hear that you had such a good stay and where able to explore beautiful Stockholm.

No matter the occasion, leisure or business, you are always welcome back to us to enjoy our hospitality. There is plenty more waiting for you.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Stockholm for a few nights, this past January and I really enjoyed my stay. The staff is friendly, the rooms are very nice, the location is great (5 min walk from the Arlanda Express train station) and there's a great bar in the lobby, where you can have a drink and relax in a fun and fun ambiance. If you're planning a trip to Stockholm, it's a really nice option!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Le_ptit_palmier
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Le_ptit_palmier,

Thank you so much for your time and effort to sharing your thoughts here on Tripadvisor.
Especially nice to hear that you felt relaxed and had fun here with us!

The team and I wish you warm welcome back one day, and if there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to let me personally know.

All the best and warmest regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I love staying at Sheraton in Stockholm. The location is A1 and the staff is really fantastic; knowledgeable, correct, friendly, and fun at the same time. The lobby bar is another treat there and it is very cosy and friendly and great to invite your friends to.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Olle B
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Ole B,

How can we here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel thank you? A fantastic review from a fantastic guest! We are all absolutely delighted thrilled to take part of your warming words, and hope we will have the chance to see you back soon again.

I am sure your nice feedback on the staff and 360 bar has inspired many future visitors.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything special that the team or I can do for you.

Thank you for caring and warm welcome back!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Loved this hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful particularly liked being able to check in for flights and print boarding cards at no extra charge. Staff on hand to assist when needed.Possibly could be be a bit noisy if visiting in summer and wanted to open windows as located at very busy junction but for winter visits when window closed you could not hear a sound. Breakfast was very good and lots of cgoice. Super locationand very close to old town and city centre Room spotless and bed really comfy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AbbyGo
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear AbbyGo,

Thank for taking the time to put your nice comments here on Tripadvisor. An excellent choice by you!

I hope you will have a chance to return to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel one day. Why not try to come during the summer time? The famous Scandinavian summer nights are something you mustn´t miss. Just fantastic.

Looking for to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Very pleased with this Stockholm waterfront hotel in all regards. I was drawn to the Sheraton Stockholm for its proximity to the Central train station/ Arlanda Airport Express (https://www.arlandaexpress.com/), for its SPG association and walking distance to Old Town (Gram Stan) and the shopping districts of Hamngatan and Bibliotekstan. As a bonus, the Club Lounge was a haven as the well trained staff offered many fun ideas and directions for visiting off the beaten path places. I also highly recommend this hotel for its best-in-show breakfast buffet, European pillow top bedding and friendliness of the staff throughout the hotel.

Room Tip: HIgher floor reduces road noise
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear ABWAIS,

Thank you for taking the time to post your amazing review here on Trip Advisor. It is fantastic us to take part of your thoughts, which have been shared within the team.

I am glad you felt very well taken care of, and that you are especially happy with our Sheraton Club concept. The lounge is a great place to sit down and relax, enjoying a cappuccino or two after a long day out on town, or at work.

Stockholm is such a beautiful city and easy to access everywhere. Our central location makes us close to the archipelago and the Old Town, which I would say is one of Stockholm´s most visited attractions.

It would be simply great to see you back one day!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was traveling through Stockholm and booked direct with the brand.com webpage. I got a good deal, and received a free upgrade because of my Gold SPG status. The food was good, and location central, with walking distance to all things Stockholm. I will be back! There was a stupid "glitch" where my credit card company decided to stop all international charges (even thought I let them know ahead of time that I was traveling to X # of countries on this trip) and was questioned upon checkout, but the team here was respectful and patient while I got this cleared up. They even let me dial and international # from their phone which most hotels would rudely think I'm a criminal… and treat me like sh*$. Not here, they are professionals!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear StrbuksSlt,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, and for taking the time to post your review here on Tripadvisor. Much appreciated!

I am happy we were able to help you with the dilemma with your bank, and that it was solved in the end. I hope the rest of your trip was flawless and that you did not have to continue spending so much time on it. Thank you also for commenting on the SPG Gold upgrade, glad you appreciated it!

Nice words and comments from our great guests are what keeps us going and I promise we will continue taking good care of you whenever you decide to return to us.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I spent 24 nights at this Sheraton and never really warmed up to the staff or the hotel itself. It was a place to stay (period)....

The good:
- Downtown location right near the Old Town (Gamla Stan), Central Station (metro), and a major tourist Info center (hop on/hop off bus). Easy to get around and MANY interesting options for food, touring, shopping, etc in walking distance.
- The "Make a Green Choice" program: put out a card to skip housekeeping for a day/night and get Food/Beverage credit or Starpoints or donate to charity. NICE! and smart - help the environment, reduces stress and workload on the housekeeping staff, and rewards the guest for something that is really nominal impact.
- Room was spacious, bed was comfortable, and shower had good water pressure.

The not so good:
- The TV channels were terrible: no HBO/Showtime/Premium movie channels. There were a couple on English, but so limited it was silly. My husband did not enjoy Project Runway but given the choices, he agreed that was the best option which is a statement.
- The room decor was "bleh" -- nothing really notable. I'm not expecting flashy or extravagant, but after 24 nights, I literally can remember NOTHING of interest in that room.
- After staying for about week, we got this nice note telling us about things in the area (like the grocery store at Central Station), etc. This was give to us since we were to be staying "long term"... Well, it would have been nice to get it when we arrived. By this point we had already found all the items mentioned.
- A couple days the room and the hall area had a really bad odor. When we reported it, a staff member came up and explained "sometimes that happens" HUH??? She sprayed some stuff in the bath and around and told us we could get another room. We went out for dinner and when we came back it was fine (which was good 'cause we did not want to packup and move) but HUH?
- The hotel lobby area was nice: gas fireplace, good area for computers and free internet access. BUT the bathrooms in the public areas required a code to access. I was informed that was due to the fact people not staying at the hotel (including taxi drivers) would use the bathrooms and it was driving up costs. HUH? Isn't that part of the cost of doing business? I view that as a basic courtesy...
- Breakfast: Not included in the room rate and very expensive, even for Stockholm! ~$40USD/260SEK. Just not worth it...

The ugly:
- Maybe it's because we had just come from China where we found hotel staff to always be striving to make the guest experience special, but here the staff seemed cold and indifferent and at times just rude.
Example 1: I had a number of issues with the phone system placing calls to toll free conference call numbers and the operator was clearly annoyed when I needed help. He insisted on explaining alternate ways I could try when I was already LATE for calling in after struggling for 10 minutes with the phone. I interrupted and stated (I'm sure with a tone) I did not have time to continue trying, please just place the call for me. His response: and annoyed "HARRUMPH!" -- but he placed the call. Another time he asked me: " What do you expect me to do?" My response: "Place the call." (Isn't that his JOB??)
Example 2: I had told the front desk I needed the final bill in a certain format for processing my expenses. I was assured it would not be a problem. When we checked out, you guessed it! It was a problem. When I escalated to a manager, her response was indifferent at best (complemented by an eye roll worthy of a petulant 16 year old). "It is not possible" she announced after checking with the finance department. Her tone bordered on "I told you so!"
- Upon arrival with 2 big suitcases on a COLD and snowy night there was nobody at concierge to help get the bags out of the taxi or into the hotel. I lugged them myself. When i got into the lobby, the concierge desk was empty. I just dumped the bags by the elevator and checked in. After checkin, a guy was called to help with the luggage. THIS is a 5 star?

Not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Kmcoyle

Dear Kmcoyle,

Thank you for your detailed review and description of how you experienced your recent visit to Stockholm and us. The first thought that comes to my mind is, that it´s so sad to hear that your long visit to Stockholm did not leave great memories to bring back home.

As I understand you were staying with us for more than three weeks, and your visit seems to have been more troublesome then enjoyable. It is difficult to change something that has already happened and I truly wish you would have contacted me directly, so I could have had a chance to not only met, but also exceed your expectations at the time.

It is clear that your visit lead to some frustration and I have sent you an e-mail directly, where I hope to hear from you so we can discuss on a more personal note.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,