Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
$222
$194
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Story Hotel Riddargatan(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
$137
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Central by Scandic(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
$138
$118
  • Breakfast included
Hotell och Vandrarhem Zinkensdamm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
$154
$71
Lydmar Hotel(Stockholm)
$284
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Motel L Hammarby Sjostad(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
$77
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
3,743 results
All reviewsthe club loungeold towngamla stancentral stationcity hallarlanda expressacross the bridgeperfect locationwalking distancelobby baran upgraderoyal palacebaltic cruisebeautiful cityshopping areasuperior roomvasa museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Family room was large, well appointed and clean. Service was excellent, especially from the reception staff who were very knowledgeable and provided good advice about places to visit, opening times and local transport. The breakfast was expensive so we opted to use the Espresso House on the ground floor. They served tasty rolls/sandwiches and a good selection of drinks, as well as some pastries, cakes and cookies. The hotel is very conveniently located for visiting the old town in Gamla Stan or for the more modern shops in Normalm. We took the Arlanda express from the airport and the hotel is about five minutes walk from the rail station. I would stay here again if I return to Stockholm. Our only complaint was that there is a £10 charge to use wifi in your room, after the first thirty minutes. You can use unlimited wifi free from the business centre but nowadays most hotels provide in-room access free of charge. If internet access is not an issue for you, then this hotel is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Qwerty2468,

Thank you very much for nice and sincere review!

It is always good for us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel to hear how our guests experience us, and as you mention internet is essential to us all. There is a cost in connection with usage in the room after the free 30 minutes. Our solution is to always offer free wifi in the entire lobby area. You can chose to connect your own unit or use one of the six computers in the Sheraton Link, free of charge.

You are always welcome back to stay with us and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have been reviewing this hotel before :
giving it a 4 at that time. I went back just recently after a bit less than a year later and must say that the side programs have been taken to the level of being annoying.
As before, I responded positively when asked whether I wanted to participate in the green program. You should realize that everything in your room remains untouched during your stay (which was 3 days in my case). No living soul enetered my room. Not that I need my towels or sheets changed but I would appreciate that the bins are emptied and that the room is cleaned. Especially at this time of the year, the streets of Stockholm are covered with sand and other rubish (that's their way to make them less slippery).
However some of that stuff sticks to your shoes and gets into your room. As the rooms are not cleaned, this becomes uncomfortable.
Furthermore, the temperature in the room was too low (another way of being green ?) with no way of changing the heating. One really gets the impression that the whole green program has nothing to do with the environment but only with reducing costs for the hotel.
And then at checkout, one last moment of emotional stress : "do you want to donate something for a good cause sir ?". No thanks I have already given enough ....
As far as the breakfast is concerned, I am still behind my previous review and I must add that the bell boy was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Marc V

Dear Marc V,

Thank you again for taking the time to put your comments here on Tripadvisor. As you know by now we are grateful for all feedback, although we are a bit disappointed to hear that this time you felt our ecological ambitions are creating some frustration for you.

Our Green Choice program is aiming at making our planet a better and cleaner place, and is one of Starwood Hotels & Resorts missions. In order to help out in any way we can, we have implemented certain standards for the program. One of them is a minimum stay of two nights and you cannot chose the program for the day of your departure. Apart from this we offer flexibility and should you wish to use it for e.g. the second day of your visit only, that is fully possible. Then your room is serviced on all days except for the day you applied for the Green Choice. Also, the same if you chose to apply the program throughout your whole stay; then our maids respect that and your room is not serviced.

The same with the donation to our charity partner, it is voluntary and it is not our intention to create any mental stress for any of our valuable guests (I am so sorry to hear you were uncomfortable with us bringing it up). We all have different ways in donating and to support Unicef is our way. I have brought it up with the team, maybe it was something with the phrasing of the words?

It is such a pity that this visit was not in line with the last one, and you are more than welcome to contact me directly with any thoughts you might have. Also, should you come back to us – you know where to find me.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I'm most often quite disappointed with Hotels in Sweden but Sheraton actually reach international standards of service. I have stayed here twice in the past year and I am quite happy with the overall service. The first time I used my SPG status to book a standard room to then be automatically "upgraded" to what SPG calls a Preferred room with a view of the old city. This room felt fresh and clean, and relatively newly renovated. On my last visit I travelled with my wife so we booked a junior suite to have more space. The room was nice, but for anyone who has access to SPG upgrades it is in my opinion simply not worth the additional money compared to a preferred room.
On the negative side we were not entirely happy with the front desk at check in. No welcome back greeting, and we also did not feel appreciated as gold members which I have grown accustomed to in other countries where I usually get a special welcome. Management was very responsive and quickly took action to accommodate all our needs. Follow up by management after our stay was excellent. Good hotel with professional staff that are not afraid to go the extra mile to satisfy demanding clients, and that is unusual in Sweden(!) I will look forward to coming back again soon.

Room Tip: If you are an SPG member go for the Preferred room and upgrade to lounge access
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ARaaf

Dear ARaaf,

How nice to see your comments here on Tripadvisor - much appreciated by us all. Here at the Sheraton Stockholm hotel we believe in providing great service and I would like to point out that it is thanks to our fantastic guest that we have such a fantastic team.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed this your second trip to us and have discussed your feedback with my colleagues. You absolutely correct in stating that a warm welcome back should always be in place! Especially for you, one of our dear SPG Gold members. On behalf of the team I would like to let you know that should you come back to us a third time you are more than welcome back.

Keep me update on your trips and I will personally make sure you feel at home away from home!

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here for three nights in December and had a quick and easy check in. Our room was very comfortable, the bed was great and the shower and bathroom facilities were also great. Tea and coffee facilities were also available. They also have takeaway cups in the room and also you can get a takeaway cup of coffee from breakfast. Our room was one located at the other end of the elevators which is quite painful after being out walking all day. It is really quite a long walk.

We had breakfast here every morning and the food was of a high standard. The wait staff were all friendly. The chefs cooking the omelettes were also very good and friendly.

No free Wi-Fi in the room but we could sit in the lobby/bar area and enjoy a few drinks and use the free Wi-Fi here. Make sure your ipad/computer is charged though as I only found a few power outlet points but they were already being used.

Hotel is extremely well located, about 5 minutes to Central train station and therefore shops etc. The other direction over the bridge takes you into Old Town/Gamla Stan which would be about 10 minutes walk.

We rang the hotel from our previous destination (Copenhagen) to organise a taxi pickup from the airport. Don't ask for a "private transfer" as this is very expensive just ask for a transfer with a fixed priced taxi. The driver meets you as you walk out of the terminal and takes you direct to hotel. The cost was 550 Swedish dollars which is quite reasonable if you don't like taking the train and also works out cheaper if there is more than one of you. The hotel staff were more than happy to organise this for us and the return journey as well.

Probably will never get back to Sweden again but if we ever do this hotel would be a good one to choose.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear CarolMarie13,

How nice and considerate of you to make sure to share your thoughts here on Tripadvisor.
I am glad that you were able to take advantage of some of the things that Stockholm has to offer, and also to hear that my fantastic colleagues took great pride in assisting you with the transfers.

Great to hear that you enjoyed our beds; do you know that you can actually purchase our comfortable Sheraton SweetSleeper bed and have it delivered to your home? Please have a look at sheraton-hotelsathome.com or contact us and we will direct you.

Stockholm is such a beautiful city, and there is always something to see, something to do and should you have any plans to return, or of there is anything the team and I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know. (We will make sure to assign a room closer to the lifts next time)

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the Ireland v Sweden game, 3 nights, the room was spacious and spotless. Bathroom was impeccable and had all the extras you'd ever want. I made breakfast only one morning and it was great. There are chefs there cooking the omelettes to your liking, as with the pancakes etc. Very wholesome indeed.
We had the good fortune to be staying in the same hotel as Trapitoni and the Irish team.
The bar was very expensive as two Whiskeys cost €23. Hotel is situated only a few minutes away from the centre. Lovely city with lovely people. The staff are friendly and speak English brilliantly. Hope this review was helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank greg g
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear greg g,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review and nice words. We here at the Sheraton Stockholm are proud to have hosted the Irish team, and I hope you will have a reason to visit us again some time in the future.

Until we see you back, please do not hesitate to reach out to me if there is anything we can do for you.