“Service is outstanding”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #26 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I am Starwood Platinum, but it's fair to say that this hotel goes above and beyond what is required/expected. More than anything, it's the service that really impresses me here though. I've stayed several times now, and each time, every single member of the team has just been delightful to talk to, and very helpful with anything asked, regardless of how little or big it may be. Very welcoming, genuinely caring and exceptionally helpful. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Stockholm.

The rooms are also beautiful. Well kept, thoroughly clean, modern look and feel, and the bed offers a great nights sleep. I can only highly recommend this hotel, so if you're planning to be in Stockholm, look no further.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear kishan_desai,

Thank you very much for letting us and the Tripadvisor users know about your experiences from staying here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.
It is fantastic to hear you feel so well taken care of, and wonderful to read that you find our staff to be genuinely caring and helpful at all times.

You are always warm welcome back to us and please feel free to contact me anytime if there is anything I personally can do for you.

Warmest holiday wishes from all of us!

All the best and warm regards,

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Great location for business travel, friendly staff and good standard. Room service and concierge have a high level of support and service level.
Breakfast is on international level however expensive. Comfort and cleanliness in rooms are at a good level. The location near to the Stockholm central station is perfect for easy access and onwards travel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear 347Fredrik,

Thank you for your review and feedback on your December visit to Stockholm and us. Great to hear you had a good time and great to see you commenting on the high service level that we are so proud of.

Hope to see you back one day and when it is time, just let us know!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The best thing for this Sheraton is the location. It is centrally located, next to the main station and close to Gamla Stan. I had a room on the 6th floor with view towards Gamla Stan, very nice. The room was spacious with a very comfortable bed and nice lamps. The water pressure in the shower could be a bit higher though.
The hotel is very expensive (however, the price level is very high in Stockholm anyway) and I was a bit amazed to find out that my company rate did not include breakfast. Well, not really important to me. But what completely set me up is that WiFi was not included. You can use it for free for 30 min, then they charge 100 SEK (!) per day. I find this completely inacceptable, ridiculous and impertinent. A working WiFi connection is nowadays as standard as a hot shower and can basically be found even in the cheapest hostel. I really don't understand why Sheraton Stockholm is pissing off their guests with something that would be so easy to provide (they have the infrastructure, they just lock it to rip-off the few guests that are willing to pay instead of having a beer in the next bar with complimentary WiFi...).

1  Thank phhuber

Dear phhuber,

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all feedback, although we are a bit disappointed to learn that we did not fully manage to live up to your expectations.

An agreement between us and a certain company is always based on mutual trust and we adopt to what is possible for both parts. The need of the specific customer is important, and therefore the conditions vary depending on what has been agreed.

As you mention the in room internet do still have a charge here with us and we are right now reviewing the cost. I cannot promise when this will be fully reduced and therefore we are offering free wifi in our entire lobby area. At the Link@Sheraton, our connectivity hub, we have six computers for free usage 24/7.

Your remark about the water pressure has been picked up by our engineering department.

Should you have a new chance to visit us, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I had a great stay in this hotel. Apart from excellent location in the city center, near shopping area and just walking distance from the old city, the biggest asset is the hotel staff, who are all friendly and genuinely caring. From receptionist Charlotte who assisted me with a/c problem, to room service staff Marko, who went an extra mile to accommodate my special dietary needs. They did everything with a smile and I want to say a big THANK YOU!

Dear Lidija133,

THANK YOU - how fantastic to see that you took the time to comment on your visit to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. We love walking the extra mile for our great guests and I think your review speaks much for itself.

Thank you for your warming words which has been shared with everyone, and especially Charlotte and Marko. Through these words you point out what staying at the Sheraton Stockholm should be all about, and we all sincerely hope you will return to us one day.

When it is time for a new visit; please do not hesitate to let me and my team know, and I will arrange something extra for you.

All the best and warm regards,

Reviewed December 12, 2013

A nice hotel in the centre of Stockholm within walking distance of the Central station, Gamla stan, the main shopping area and museums--what's not to like? the room was nice and roomy, food was better than expected, and the staff was exceptionally helpful and cheerful. The only possible complaints were the busy diningroom during breakfast, but then 9.30 is busy in all hotels....would return no problem!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear jopowell,

How nice of you to take the time to write your great review here on Tripadvisor. Much appreciated!

A stay with us should be energizing and I am glad you chose us for your December adventure in Stockholm. Also, thank you for your understanding regarding the breakfast and the fact that certain hours are more busy than others.

Your feedback has been shared with everyone within the team, and we all hope to see you back sometime!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Really good location between the old town and the shopping area and near tourist attractions such as City Hall. Breakfast was a bit manic and you had to find your own table, whihc seems a bit odd for a 5 star hotel. Apart from that though, and the fact that they charge for internet access, I cannot find fault.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear KentJohn,

Thank you very much for your review on your stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Great to hear that we contributed to making your stay a good one.

At times when the hotel is fully booked, we sometimes experience that there are many guests enjoying the breakfast around the same hours. I hope you despite this were able to enjoy your breakfast experience. Our aim is that everyone should feel at home in a familiar environment.

For the record I would like to mention that the Sheraton Stockholm hotel is an international upscale hotel. We have chosen not to participate in any star ratings and we do not advertise the hotel as such via our marketing collateral.

Welcome back!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Its a typical Sheraton...efficient, classy without being snobbish, clean and bright. Its location near the central train station made it an attractive option for us and we were not disappointed. Prices of food in the restaurant is of course a bit on the high side and I would recommend taking a walk to Gamla Stan where there a are a lot of decent options at good prices there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Hsien-Hui T,

Thank you for your nice review.

Stockholm is a great city and there are many great places to visit in different parts of the town. I hope you will have a chance to return and should you wish to stay with us again; you are more than welcome to do so.
Also, please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to share anything else with us.

Looking forward to your future visits!