“ConveInent location to tour”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #25 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We arrived early for our reservation. The desk clerk was very cheerful and helpful. She made several suggestions for touring while we waited for a our room to be ready, early afternoon. Overall service was good. It was centrally located to boat tours across the street and a short walk to Old Town, where were able to pick up a ferry to other sights . Shopping was within walking distance. The only downside was that it was pricey. But that was in line with Stockholm overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martha T
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Martha T,

How nice and considerate of you to make sure to share your thoughts here on Tripadvisor.

Stockholm is such a beautiful city, and with all the water surrounding the main islands it is excellent for enjoying the beauty from the water side. Glad you took the opportunity to explore the area while waiting for the room to become ready for check in.

Should you have any plans to return or of there is anything the team and I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Stockholm Hotel

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The hotel is 5-10 minutes walk from Stockholm C station. The old town and a few malls are also at a walking distance. Room was big and clean. The breakfast at the hotel was very nice with a lot of choices. Front desk staff was warm and helped us with planning sightseeing across the city along with directions. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NewExplorer99

Dear NewExplorer99,

How nice to hear that you had an enjoyable visit to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel! Many thanks for your great review and feedback.

Stockholm is a great city with so many things to do and see, and we hope to see you back one day. Keep your expectations high and feel free to let me know when our future paths will cross. I will personally make sure you are well taken care of.

All the best and warm regards,

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The rooms here are spacious and the location is great. But service is very slow. It took over 20 minutes to check-in and, after our first night, our room wasn't cleaned by 4pm.

We were able to easily fit a roll away bed for my son in the room. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the train station (with very fast and easy access to the airport train) and other major sites around town.

It was all very convenient and comfortable, but I generally expect a bit more from a Starwood hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear VWC_SD,

Thank you for your time and comments here on Tripadvisor. I cannot enough stress how important it is for us to receive feedback.
It is nice to hear that you found the room and the location to be great, however it makes me concerned to read that it took some time for you to check in.
August has been a busy month and we have from time to time experienced that there were many guests in the lobby, at the same time, which might have led to a bit of a waiting time to check in. From your review I cannot exactly see what the situation was when you approached the front desk, so please feel free to contact me directly with more details.

Should you ever come our way again you are more than welcome to let me know. I promise we will make sure we exceed your expectations next time!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

located in the heart of the ols city GAMLA STAN, oppisite to the city hall.
the rooms are very big with a two dublle beds, the breakfast is amazing with a vriety of freesh fruits drinks, vriety of coffe .
the lobby is very warm with a free wifi, a nice place to take a coffe after a busy day.

Room Tip: SPG member always win a better room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Motty G

Motty G,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Much appreciated by me and the team.

Glad to hear you had a good time, enjoying the view from the Superior room overlooking the city of Stockholm. Should you have any further thoughts that you would like to bring forward to us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Hope to see you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have written a review on this hotel earlier too and so I will not repeat what I had mentioned about the warm hospitality, excellent location etc. Since my last review, I have stayed here numerous times and my experience every time has been excellent.
But after an another exceptional stay last weekend, I just had to mention one more remarkable "aspect" of this hotel that I had not mentioned before. I have travelled a lot on business and leisure and hence stay in a number of hotels all over the world. I am of Asian descent and my mother is currently visiting us. We of course wanted to show her around Europe and have experienced some very mixed and even negative reactions that go to show that most people have some hidden misgivings towards people from different races. I experience this often but not as often as we have experienced this traveling with my mother, since she is older and wears "traditional" attire (which in no way "justifies" any negative reactions!). However this makes her feel very insecure, especially when staying in "posh chain hotels" and after her last "not all positive" experience at another Starwood hotel, she was a bit apprehensive when we went to Stockholm.
She need not have been! My mother was welcomed with the same warmth and hospitality as we are are always welcomed at the Sheraton Stockholm. She even mentioned that the staff were so "respectful" and kind towards her, something that she normally finds "only in Asia". I know that this should be "norm" in all hotels but the reality is far from it, even in "five star chain hotels".
A big thank you to Magnus, Fransisco, Isak, Desi and Dimitris for making my mom's trip to Stockholm an exceptional and "warm" one. The Sheraton Stockholm is truly a benchmark for many other hotels, especially in Europe!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jetsetrose

Dear Jetsetrose,

Thank you! For once again taking the time to give fantastic feedback and such praise to the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel team! It is simply great to hear that you and your mother felt very comfortable during the visit (and unbelievable to read that this is not the case everywhere).

Your nice words have been shared with everyone here at the hotel, and especially with Magnus, Francisco, Isak, Desi and Dimitris.

No matter the occasion, leisure or business, you are always welcome back to us to enjoy our hospitality!

All the best and warm regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2013

You get what you expect from a good Sheraton hotel. Standard rooms are not huge but well-equipped and the beds are extremely comfortable. Breakfast buffet has something for everyone. Location is just a few minutes walking from the train station (with the airport connections) and the Old Town. I have stay here for business a few times and its perfect, but I would go somewhere more personal and in another neighbourhood if it was with family or partner.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Nibor123,

My team and I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your nice feedback here on Tripadvisor. It Is just great to read to take part of your thoughts and how you experienced us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.

We are glad to read you are happy with your visits, and I would like to challenge you to bring your family with you and try us out! I am sure we will make you all feel special – just alert me in advance and will arrange something nice for you. Our aim is that everyone should feel comfortable and happy with the choice to stay with us.

Thank you for your time - until we see you back we wish you all the best.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Sheraton Stockholm in August. We had a room on the Club floor and it was more than spacious and easily fitted our son's travel cot.

The room had fantastic views of the lake and the town hall.

The hotel is a very short walk from the train station and a short walk to the beautiful and pituresque old town.

One drawback is that children are not allowed in the Club lounge during happy hour (17:00 - 19:30 I think), however we were given vouchers to use at the main hotel bar instead and that worked really well for us.

The hotel gym was well equipped and quiet on both occassions that I used it. It is a shame they don't have a swimming pool.

The hotel is perhaps a little old and could do with revamping a bit. However the staff were fantastic and more than make up for this. I would certainly go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear megoi,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on Trip Advisor. It is great for us to take part of your comments, which have been shared within the team.

I am glad you felt well taken care of, and that you are especially happy with our Sheraton Club concept. The lounge is a great place to sit down and relax, enjoying a cappuccino or two after a long day out on town or at work.
I would like to let you know that we have recently reviewed the decision regarding children in the Club Lounge. Since a couple of weeks back we changed the rule and you can happily bring your entire family in there, at all times when the lounge is open.

Hope to see you all back one day.