“Fabulous. True to its Brandname”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #26 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Ups -
The hotel is well located, the train station, bus station and the shopping street on Drottninggatan is just a 5 minutes walk from this hotel. The City Hall and the Old Town of Gamla Stan are also pretty close. So, that makes it 01 of the many reasons to stay here.
The breakfast buffet has lots of variety in seafood, meats and fruits. Eat your fill as its really delicious.
Rooms are spacious and clean, rest assured for a good nights sleep. The staff at the front desk is really courteous and they have the option of express checkout which makes the check out fast and convenient.

Downs -
In this information age, where you need to be connected, it would come as a shock that wifi is free only in the lobby area, for internet in the rooms you need to shell out an extra amount.
For people like us who like to travel and see the city, so this really didnt concern us a lot.

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear globe_traveller_2012,

Great to see that you took the time to post your feedback here on Tripadvisor. It is great and important for us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel to take part of your thoughts, both ups and downs.
As you mention internet is essential to us all and there is a cost in connection with wifi usage in the room. However, we have also found it convenient to always offer free wifi in the entire lobby area. You can chose to connect your own unit or use one of the six computers in the Sheraton Link, free of charge.

Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel during your visit to Stockholm. Let me personally know if there is anything special the team of I can do for you.

igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,667)

Reviewed September 22, 2013

A great location, and some rooms with spectacular water-front views, is the main point to recommend this hotel. It is only a few minutes pleasant walk to the heart of Old Town. Front desk personnel seem efficient and friendly enough, naturally with thorough knowledge of English. The breakfast is spectacular. Rooms, however, vary greatly in size and many of them face an ugly depressing inner shaft. The furniture tends to be tired and cheap looking, although the beds are fine and housekeeping is efficient. The fine wooden floors do make up for the tacky furniture in part. As Sweden is so well known for its much appreciated modern design it seems a shame that the hotel doesn’t take advantage of its surrounding culture. A thorough refurbishing could turn it into a true five star luxury hotel. Prices are what could be expected in accord with location. A search Starwood sites such as SPG and Beat-the-Timer can sometimes yield reasonable rates.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room with a view! Otherwise you will be looking at a dark ugly abandoned inner yard...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ajnaro

Dear ajnaro,

Thank you for your time here on Tripadvisor. The team and I are glad that you choose to stay with us and to learn that you had a good time here in Stockholm.

Your feedback have been noted and discussed. We like to keep our hotel in a good shape, so it is always great to hear from our guests and receive input on how you experience us.
Both pro´s and con´s are forwarded within the team and I want you to know that you are always warm welcome back to stay with us. When it is time for a new visit, please let me know if there is anything special we can do to make you feel at home away from home.

igor.buercher@sheraton.com

PS. I would like to mention that the Sheraton Stockholm hotel is an international upscale hotel. We do not participate in any local or international star ratings and we are not advertised as such via our marketing collateral.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel is located half a block from the railway/bus station (easy access to the express train to the airport, which is cheap and fast), and within walking distance of all the major sights of Stockholm. We stayed 4 nights and we were able to tour the downtown area and catch the hop on hop off bus close by. It is about one block from the pedestrian street with lots of restaurants and shops.
Because we are value minded, we did not eat at the hotel but found restaurants close by. The rooms are not large but very well appointed, and the concierge was great. Free wifi in the lobby and use of their computers, very handy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Beverley C,

Thank for taking the time to put your excellent comments here on Tripadvisor. It is just great to read your feedback on us, the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.

I hope you will have a chance to come back one day, Should you have any further comments, please feel free to let me know.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights. Very conveniently located near the central station and a few minutes away from old town and city hall. However, this is not a cheap hotel so I find completely ridiculous and inexcusable that wifi is not included in the rooms. You only get free wifi in the lobby. In today's day that's absurd so I'm docking one point just for that. This stay is at the end of a vacation where I've stayed at a number if hotels across three countries in Europe. Some were basic hotels, no frills. This Sheraton was the only one without free wifi.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank GC_WorldTraveller

Dear Y GC_WorldTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all feedback, although it is sad to read that we did not fully manage to live up to your expectations, especially in regards to the internet solution.
We are constantly reviewing the fee for wifi and I cannot promise when this will be reduced. As we are all dependent on keeping in contact with family, friends and work, our solution is to offer free wifi in the entire lobby area. Also we have six computers for free usage in the Sheraton Link. I am sorry to hear that this solution was not completely in line with your expectations.

Should you every have a new chance to visit us, please do not hesitate to let me know. I will make sure that the team will take good care of you.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The late nite menu at the bar took me by surprise, it had everything u would like to eat after u come back from a bar or just to grab a quick bite before going to bed. The bar tender at the bar "Karl-henrik" was very welcoming and provided excellent service .... He custom made drinks as well to suit your taste. I highly recommend the bar at Sheraton hotel I was well taken care of

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Dazzzlee

Dear Dazzzlee,

Thank you very much for choosing our bar360 for a quick night bite during your visit to Stockholm. Also, thank you for taking the time to review your visit here on Tripadvisor.
Your feedback is great to read and very rewarding and inspiring to the team and me. Rest assured I have shared your nice feedback with everyone; especially with Karl-Henrik, who sends a huge thank you for your nice words.

You are always warm welcome back to us.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel is well located, next to the old town so one can go for sightseing by walk. Clean, good food and gentle crew. Services are great. I was in a business trip with and my wife was with me doing tourism. This review represent both perception.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Joao M,

How nice to see your comments here on Tripadvisor - much appreciated by us all.
Here at the Sheraton Stockholm hotel we believe in providing great service and I would like to point out that it is thanks to our fantastic guest that we have such a great team.

It is just wonderful to hear you enjoyed your business trip and that your wife were able to accompany you. Both of you are always warm welcome back to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Sheraton is a great hotel with modern rooms, divine beds and very professional staff.
The central location is perfect, close to both shopping, local transportation and the Old Town.
I find it a bit strange that when I am in Sweden, adressing staff in Swedish, they speak English to me but luckily, I can speak English ;) And many of them actually speak Swedish...
Overall I am very satisfied with my stay at the Sheraton Stockholm!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear JelenaE,

It is so nice of you to take the time to post your review here on Tripadvisor, and we thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit in September.

We are proud and lucky to have personnel of many different nationalities working here with us. Not everyone is fluent in Swedish when they start but eventually learn. The different language skills gives us great opportunities to connect with guests coming in from different corners of the world. Next time you come and stay with us we will make sure you are assisted by one of our guest service agents who is fluent in Swedish.

If there is anything I can do you for you, please let me know.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,