“The bar is a must see” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
“The bar is a must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

The late nite menu at the bar took me by surprise, it had everything u would like to eat after u come back from a bar or just to grab a quick bite before going to bed. The bar tender at the bar "Karl-henrik" was very welcoming and provided excellent service .... He custom made drinks as well to suit your taste. I highly recommend the bar at Sheraton hotel I was well taken care of

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Dazzzlee
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Dazzzlee,

Thank you very much for choosing our bar360 for a quick night bite during your visit to Stockholm. Also, thank you for taking the time to review your visit here on Tripadvisor.
Your feedback is great to read and very rewarding and inspiring to the team and me. Rest assured I have shared your nice feedback with everyone; especially with Karl-Henrik, who sends a huge thank you for your nice words.

You are always warm welcome back to us.

igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel is well located, next to the old town so one can go for sightseing by walk. Clean, good food and gentle crew. Services are great. I was in a business trip with and my wife was with me doing tourism. This review represent both perception.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Joao M,

How nice to see your comments here on Tripadvisor - much appreciated by us all.
Here at the Sheraton Stockholm hotel we believe in providing great service and I would like to point out that it is thanks to our fantastic guest that we have such a great team.

It is just wonderful to hear you enjoyed your business trip and that your wife were able to accompany you. Both of you are always warm welcome back to stay with us again.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Sheraton is a great hotel with modern rooms, divine beds and very professional staff.
The central location is perfect, close to both shopping, local transportation and the Old Town.
I find it a bit strange that when I am in Sweden, adressing staff in Swedish, they speak English to me but luckily, I can speak English ;) And many of them actually speak Swedish...
Overall I am very satisfied with my stay at the Sheraton Stockholm!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JelenaE,

It is so nice of you to take the time to post your review here on Tripadvisor, and we thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit in September.

We are proud and lucky to have personnel of many different nationalities working here with us. Not everyone is fluent in Swedish when they start but eventually learn. The different language skills gives us great opportunities to connect with guests coming in from different corners of the world. Next time you come and stay with us we will make sure you are assisted by one of our guest service agents who is fluent in Swedish.

If there is anything I can do you for you, please let me know.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,
Emmen, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

The hotel is located near the Central station and just some steps away from Gamla Stan which makes it a good place for a city trip. We had an adequately sized and furnished room - with unfortunately no view. Our room was already prepared when we arrived around noon. But we would have loved to wait another 30mins and give them the time to clean it properly... After a complain at the reception it was proper when we returned in the evening.

We were very disappointed about the customer service tough. A personal item vanished from our bathroom on the 2nd day. When we asked the receptionist about this incident he promised to speak to the maid and come back to us. This never happened. So we had to ask again and again what happened to the lost item. The answer was just: "Our maid claimed that she did not throw it away!". We felt like they just want to get rid of us. From a hotel in this price class we would have expected more.

The first impression of the hotel seems to be good, but based on our experience and the bad service we will not return to this place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lubriport
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear lubriport,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review on your August visit to Stockholm and us. It makes me and my team unhappy to learn of your disappointment, especially with reference to the lost item and the feeling you have of being let down.

I can assure you that the last thing we want is that you, or valued guest, should feel misunderstood. Also, it is important that we keep our promises and I apologize for the poor follow up that we performed this time.

I have gone through your comments with our Housekeeping manager, and you are more than welcome to contact me directly with more details, so I can follow up further. Also, Should you ever come back to stay; I appreciate if you can alert me. We will do everything we can to make your next visit worth the trip!

Warm regards,
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Out of all the places we stayed at in Scandinavia, Stockholm and this Sheraton was by far our favorite. This location of this hotel was outstanding - close to major sites and the Arlanda Express (walking distance) It was also pristine, comfortable and luxurious - a place that we actually enjoyed relaxing at after a long day of sightseeing. We had a minor blip with our bill which was taken care of by management which we appreciated. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dittosparkle
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Dittosparkle,

What a fantastic review from you - thank you so much for all your nice words, and for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.
I am glad you had the chance to explore beautiful Stockholm and after a long day out on town was able to relax at the hotel. Also, I am glad to hear that the minor mishap with the bill was taken care of in a fast and efficient way by one of my colleagues.

Your comments have been shared with the team and we are all looking forward to seeing you back sometime.

Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel has a great location in beautiful Stockholm, the staff delivers a very good service and the hotel amenities are very good. My experience at this hotel was excellent until the moment I was decide to give back my key to be reused just before leaving and one of the hotel managers at the door assumed that I had not paid my bill. Obviously was a very unpleasant experience that had darkened my stay. A similar situation I had at The Park Tower Knightsbridge in London, also a Sheraton hotel. Prior to arrival I have requested transportation to be arranged by the hotel to meet me at Heathrow. The driver never arrived and the next morning I received a call at my room from the one the hotel's employees with an authoritative tone questioning my complain and that he could prove that the driver was indeed waiting for me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear AngeloZ675,

Thank you very much for your review and your feedback on your July visit to us, which seems to have been excellent up until the very end of your stay.

I am sorry to hear you felt uncomfortable with one of our team members approaching you in regards to your departure. I can assure you that no one have had any intention of creating an unpleasant situation for you, and I have together with my colleagues gone through your comments.
It is important to us that our guests feel our warmth - leaving with a smile and great memories to share with friends and family.

Should you ever come our way again you are more than welcome to contact me directly. I promise we will make you feel at home away from home.

Warm regards,
igor.buercher@sheraton.com

PS. I hope the situation at the Park Tower in London is sorted by now and that you might one day go back.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

They will make your trip to Stockholm an experience. Concierge was as helpful as any at a 5 star resort. Front desk personnel were efficient and helpful. Location was right in the center of the city with easy access to tourist and business attractions. Note that this is an excellent Sheraton...I am not suggesting that it is 5 stars equivalent of a Four Seasons, but this exceeded all of my expectations of a Sheraton property!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CHD3
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear CHD3,

How nice to hear you felt at home away from home here with us at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Thank you for your excellent review and your feedback on how well you were taken care of by our wonderful staff.

Our location is truly one of the best in the city and it is easy to reach most of the interesting sites and places from here. When it is time for a new trip, please feel free to let me know. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back!

igor.buercher@sheraton.com

PS. For the sake of good order I would like to mention that the Sheraton Stockholm hotel is an international upscale hotel. We do not participate in any local or international star ratings and we are not advertised as such via our marketing collateral.