“Good hotel in convenient location”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #25 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel, and in particular its convenient location, just across the bridge from the old town of Gamla Stan and its restaurants, museums and palace. The hotel is a fairly short walk from many of Stockholm's main attractions: Djurgarden, where reside two of Stockholm's main attractions: the Vasa museum and its recovered 17th century military ship (not to be missed); the open-air museum/zoo of Skansen; and the City Hall (Stadshuset), where the Nobel prize banquet is held each year. The hotel is a short walk (500 yards) from the Central Station where the Arlanda Express drops you off when coming from the airport, alleviating the need for a cab. The room itself was comfortable, clean and well-appointed. We especially liked the fact that the tap water was drinkable, and was indeed delicious. The hotel offers just 30 minutes of free WiFi per room per day, but there is free WiFi in the lobby (though we found the connection there to be of fairly poor quality). Our room looked onto the interior courtyard, so offered no view to speak of, and only a small amount of natural light.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear jhugon,

How nice to hear that you had an enjoyable visit to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel! Many thanks for your great review and suggestions.

Stockholm is a great city with so many things to do and see. It is not only referred to as the “Beauty by the Water”, but also the tap water is, as you mention great and tastes fantastic. I believe Sweden is one of the cities that offer real good drinking water, fresh and clean. As the city of Stockholm itself!

Regarding the Wifi you are referring to: we are on it and checking what might have caused the lack of quality during the time you spent here.

Hope to see you back one day. Keep your expectations high and feel free to let me know when our future paths will cross. I will personally make sure you are well taken care of.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Stockholm Hotel

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We had a Wonderful room overlooking Gamla Stan. The location is near many sights and two blocks from the train station. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The boats to many sights are just outside and the Hop on Off stops in front. Many restaurants and bars are also just a stroll away.

Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear McWett,

It makes me and my team so happy to take part of your warming thoughts here on Trip Advisor. It is just perfect, and that is what we always strive towards: perfection.
Our team members are pleased to hear that you found us all to be friendly and helpful.

I hope you will come back to us one day so we once again can create the same perfect experience.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My recent stay at this hotel was very enjoyable. The location of this hotel is incredible. It s near so many attractions. There is so much to see near this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again if in Stockholm.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Ali A,

How nice to see your comments here on Tripadvisor - much appreciated by us all.
Here at the Sheraton Stockholm we believe in providing great service and I would like to point out that it is thanks to our fantastic guest that we have such a great team.

You are always warm welcome back to stay with us again.

All the best and warm regards,

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in mid-August for two nights. The hotel was an easy walk with luggage from the Arlanda Express stop at Central Station. Additionally, the hotel is located right across the water from the tourist themed old town and it within a ten minute walk of the trendy shopping area. We arrived in the early evening and we were greeted by a very friendly bell-hop who immediately took our luggage. There was not a line at check-in and we were assisted by an inviting agent. I was informed that my SPG number was on file and that we were upgraded to an SPG room. As a frequent Starwood customer, I am a Platinum member. Platinum members are entitled to certain benefits such as upgrades when available, free internet, free breakfast and access to the club lounge if the hotel has one. I was quite tired at check-in and assumed that when the agent mentioned she had my SPG number that she was aware I was a Platinum member. The check-in was completed quickly and we were escorted to our standard room by the bellhop. The bellhop went above and beyond by giving us a tour of the room, showing us our wonderful view and explaining some good restaurants to visit in the old town area. As the bellhop was leaving, I asked about the location of the club lounge and the internet. He had a perplexed look so I explained that I was a Platinum member. He asked if I inquired about this with the check-in agent and I told him I assumed she took care of it but did not mention it. Shortly thereafter we left for dinner at a very good but touristy viking themed restaurant in old town and returned to the hotel a few hours later. I went to the front desk and inquired about the club lounge, breakfast and internet. The agent was apologetic and fairly quickly issued club lounge keys, explained the internet and informed us of breakfast. It did not end up being an issue but I find it very odd that this hotel would have difficulty treating loyal customers properly. I never expect an upgraded room and always take whatever room is assigned without issue. Sometimes I get an upgraded room and sometimes I get the room that I paid for and either is fine with me. However, as a Platinum SPG member who spends 50 plus nights a year in Starwood hotels, I do expect to be given the benefits I have earned without having to ask for them. I have never had to ask for my entitled benefits at other SPG hotels. Perhaps the front desk agents should be retrained in dealing with their loyal customers. Besides this small hiccup, we had a wonderful stay at the Sheraton and in Stockholm. The standard room had a very good size for a European room, a nice view and a US power-jack in the desk. The water-pressure was average. The club lounge was decent and the attendants were very helpful. My son has food allergies and on a couple of occasions the attendants tracked down soy milk for him. The breakfast buffet was above average, the gym was adequate and the concierge was adequate (not great but not bad). Stockholm is a beautiful city and most of the residents, restaurants and stores we encountered were extremely friendly. I would stay at this hotel in the future and recommend it to my friends and colleagues. However, I hope that the check-in agents become better-versed in treating their valued customers with better care.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Beej M,

I would like to start by thanking you for your loyalty towards Starwood Hotels and Resorts throughout the years. It is great to see that you found your way to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.

Our SPG Platinum members are truly our most important guests, and I could not agree more that your benefits should have been given to you without you having to ask for them. I have alerted the front office team and I am glad we could solve it, but apologize that we did not pick it up immediately. I can assure you that we will make the necessary training with all our reception staff to ensure we take extra good care of our SPG Platinum members.

For the rest I think your review speaks for itself with a lot of useful information for our future visitors. Should you have anything else on your mind, please feel free to address me directly.

Once again; thank you for caring!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

It is a very nice hotel, with absolutely great location: it is a walking distance from the old town and many Stockholm sights, pubs and restaurants and at the same time very close to central station and the Arlanda airport train. We had a room with a lovely view on the lake Mälaren. The room was clean and spacious enough (do not expect splurge, but there is everything you need to relax and have a good time), the bed was very comfortable, the staff friendly.
Breakfasts were brilliant, big selection of pastry, fruit, juices, cereal, lovely pancakes etc.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view are really nice
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear QPixels,

How nice to hear that you felt at home away from home here with us at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Thank you for your description of how great our location is. It is true that we are within walking distance from all main attractions, and I am glad you could enjoy your visit to Stockholm by walking to most of them.

Our breakfast team sends a special thank you for mentioning the breakfast and the wide range of choices we offer. When it is time for a new trip, please feel free to let me know. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel after a Baltic Cruise. We were surprised to see the standard of this hotel is not up to The same levels you would find in a Sheraton in America.
The buffet breakfast was particularly disapointing, we got very strong "warm" coffee and a very untidy looking setup. Asked for a Salmon omelette, it was dry, badly presented and not very tasty.
Check-in process was complicated, but I assume this was because we arrived with a large group.
Location is very good for touring and getting to the old town.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Huracan1955,

Thank for your feedback and for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts on how you experienced your stay in August here at our hotel.

I must admit that your review leaves me a bit disappointed and your comments have been discussed within our team; especially the breakfast omelet and the untidy setup in the breakfast room. Without having any further details around this I can only guess that the hotel was quite full, and consequently we had many guests enjoying the breakfast at the same time. I can assure you we make all efforts to create an enjoyable breakfast environment for all our guests.
Regarding the check in I do not exactly know what happened, but please feel free to fill me in on the details and I will follow up with our front office manager.

Feedback is important to us, and everything we do to improve the Sheraton experience originates from our guests´ suggestions and comments. Should you ever plan to return, please do not hesitate to let me know in advance and I will personally make sure you feel well taken care of.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

another trip to sweden and what i find the best and most comfortable hotel in stockholm. Great rooms [ i was upgraded this time to a suite!] with great front of desk service. Its location is great for the Old Town and for seeing clients in central Stockholm. Also easy access to Arlanda express means that arriving late at night [ 11.30 pm this time] or indeed early departures from Arlanda Airport [ 7.05 am!!], allows you to get to the airport or hotel in great time. I also had access to the club room which is an added bonus ,particularly if you have a family and you pop in for snacks/coffee/soft drinks . I will be back and look forward to my stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear jandbSussex,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your visits to Stockholm, and for taking the time to review your stay here on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is great to read and it is nice to see you here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, over and over again

The summer is almost over and it is business as usual, with late evenings and early mornings for many of our dear guests. Our aim is to make your life a bit easier and be one of the highlights during your travels. Judging from your review I believe we have succeeded!

You are always warm welcome back to stay with us and until we see you again I wish you all the best.