Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
$279
$103
Freys Hotel(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
$173
$157
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
$172
$151
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
$170
$200
$178
Travelocity
3,747 results
All reviewsthe club loungeold towngamla stancentral stationcity hallarlanda expressacross the bridgeperfect locationwalking distancelobby baran upgraderoyal palacebaltic cruisebeautiful cityshopping areasuperior roomvasa museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The sheraton in Stockholm is a great hotel, very nice rooms. We had a room with lake view which was really nice. Great restaurant, buffet breakfast was very good with a lot of choice. The hotel is just on the edge of the old city centre so the location is perfect. We walked to the old centre every day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Jan M,

How nice to hear that you had an excellent visit to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel!

Stockholm is a great city, a real "Beauty by the Water", with so many things to see and do. The old town is just amazing and well worth a stroll.

Hope to see you back one day.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We recently came to Stockholm on a family vacation to visit my sibling who lives here. I was able to use points and chose this Sheraton based on location and reviews on TA. I wasn't disappointed (while I was disappointed in Stockholm overall!)

Booking was easy online, and I reached out to the hotel in advance to arrange some specifics, as my parents were arriving at a different time and I wanted everything to be smooth for their check in. I was put in touch with Elin Larsson, a Guest Services Coordinator and she was hands down the most amiable, helpful and responsive hotel employee I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Elin communicated with me multiple times on email in advance of my trip to insure rooms were situated close to one another, club access was available and credit card info was given in advance. During our stay she assisted me in locating items locally that a typical tourist wouldn't be looking for (i.e. a grill).

The property is located centrally - right in city center a short walk from Gamla Stan and about a block from the Central Station (where you arrive via Arlanda Express from the airport). We stayed on a club level and the upgrade was very much worth it to have access to breakfast in the morning, and cocktails and appetizers in the evening and save some expense. It was a comfortable spot to regroup with our party at the end of the day. The gym was excellent for a hotel, and the rooms were spacious (for Europe especially) and clean. Noise in the halls was minimal. Internet access was easy and consistent - there is a US plug on the desk which is a nice touch.

I would certainly stay here again on a future trip to Stockholm, and would have no issue recommending it for business or leisure travel for anyone going there. The staff was amazingly helpful and I credit Sheraton for training them well - from my experience elsewhere in the city customer service and friendliness isn't something that comes naturally to Swedes.

Management - please give some recognition to Elin, she represented your hotel well and was so very helpful during our visit. She made our trip far more enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you can afford to upgrade, ask for a room facing Gamla Stan - beautiful view and in the evenings you might be lucky enough to see the hot air ballons! 8th floor rooms have balconies and outdoor heat lamps that allow you to enjoy the outdoors no matter the weather. Keep your shades drawn during the day - rooms tend to get stuffy and the AC has a hard time keeping up.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear KFerg,

Thank for taking the time to put your comments here on Tripadvisor. It is really a great tool to find information on places you want to go to, and I am glad we could inspire you to choose us for your July trip.

It is just great to go through the detailed aspects of your visit to the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Elin at the Club lounge sends you her best regards and a huge thank you for your kindness.

I hope you will have a chance to come back one day, (sorry to hear of your disappointment on the city itself and I hope we can change your view). Should you have any further comments, please feel free to let me know.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our room was booked through an agent so don't know quite what it cost, but hard to believe we couldn't have done better than this style- and personality-free cookie-cutter hotel. Room was poky and dark with discoloured net curtains, a flimsy sliding bathroom door that didn't lock, stained rug. Looked out onto dark, depressing courtyard. Good points: helpful staff, tea-making facilities, ok location. Breakfast room is very crowded anytime after 7.30. Wi-fi free for only 30 mins - unlike the vastly superior Sofitel we stayed in at an earlier stage in our trip. Would try to avoid Sheratons in future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ottomania,

Thank you for your review on your visit to Stockholm and us. It makes me unhappy to learn of your disappointment with reference to the room where you stayed.
I can assure you that we take your comments serious and are addressing the challenges you describe.
Although your stay was not completely successful I am happy to read that you found some good things; such as our staff and our location. As usual, we are always interested to learn
more about the inconveniences caused and should you have any further thoughts to share, please feel free to do so.

As you mention the in room internet do still have a charge and I cannot promise when this will be reduced. Therefore, one solution we have found is to always offer wifi for free in the entire lobby area, and also we have six computers for free usage in the Sheraton Link.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

10-15 minute walking distance from the Old Town, several tourist destinations, and the Arlanda Express terminal in the city. Don't expect much luxury in the hotel, a typical mid-scale Sheraton, with comfortable room. Limited closet space. Friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Book a room on the 8th floor with a balcony facing Gamla Stan. Very beuatiful view on sunny days.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear rgg001,

Thank you for your feedback on your visit to us here in Stockholm.

We believe in providing great service and our dedication is to maintain and constantly improve the guest experience. When I see the overall rating I am a bit curious to learn what we could have done better, so please feel free to contact me directly to let me know.

Should you ever come our way again, I will personally make sure you feel at home away from home.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Typical Sheraton Hotel, nice room & comfortable bed. Not a lot of closet space for those of you who are staying for a long period of time. Ask for a room face Gamla Stan because you will have great views of the old town, bridges and canals. The buffet breakfast was great, everything you could want and more. Wifi was available and fast for a fee in the room but free in lobby or bar area.

The location was amazing. You could walk to anything within minutes of the hotel, Queen's street was 2 minute walk with lots of shopping and eateries. Gamla Stan was a quick walk over the bridge. The staff were all very nice and helpful throughout our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Keri P,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback here on tripadvisor. It is nice to take part of your thoughts. Also, thank you for choosing to stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel during your visit.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,