“Typical business hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Whistler, Canada
“Typical business hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel is in a weird location, sort of under via duct and next to a busy highway - although within walking distance to the train station. It definitely looks better in the photos. For the price paid it's really not that spectacular - a very typical Sheraton experience but more on the bland side. The experience with the staff was mixed as well - it seemed that some wanted to you to just go away and die, while others were genuinely helpful. Our room was also ok although of a European size (i.e. small) and a bit worn. The only redeeming quality of this hotel was the breakfast - with lots of variety.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jurajfox
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Juraj L,

Thank you for your review and feedback on your visit to Stockholm and us.
Although it is a bit sad to read about your experience and mixed feelings, I appreciate your honesty. Normally we are known for paying attention to details and I have brought your thoughts forward to the rest of the team here at the hotel.

Should you ever plan a new trip to Stockholm and us, please feel free to contact me directly. I promise we will make sure to create a much more relaxing stay for you next time.

Thank you for caring and warm regards,
igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Aarhus, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I together with a couple of our friends made a short stay at Sheraton Stockholm. The location of the hotel simply cannot be any better. The rooms are large for Scandinavian standards and the staff were more than willing to help us with anything we needed. We paid around 115 euros per night per room on Booking. Considering it was during the Easter holiday weekend, I think this price was pretty fair. It should, however, be noted that breakfast and wifi were not included.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Hao J,

Thank you very much for your excellent review and warming feedback on your visit to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. We sincerely appreciate your thoughts.

We look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future!

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Hej. Not only was Stockholm the most aesthetic, fun and friendly city I have visited it was improved by our stay at this brilliant hotel. The location was perfect for the Arlanda Express and for getting around on foot - we didn't take a single taxi or bus.

Breakfast was incredible. I've been lucky enough to visit some fancy hotels in my life and this breakkie was one of the finest! Never have I had breakfast in a hotel that includes flax seed, fresh fruit smoothies and such a selection of tasty meats. I don't think I've ever eaten so much devine salmon over two days. Wasn't loving the bacon but no-one gets that right outside Britain ;-) The breakfast really sets you up for the day so you don't have to pay crazy Scandinavian prices for food.

I would like to commend the staff. From the second we step foot in the building we were treated like regulars. At check-in we were assisted by a receptionist who we think was called Simon. He was brilliant; as two women in our early twenties (the trip was for my birthday) who knew very little about Stockholm, we were a little apprehensive about whether the city would suit us but Simon quickly helped plan our weekend. He knew exactly the areas that'd appeal to us- the clubs and the museums (Debaser/SoFo and Moderna Museeet/Fotografiska respectively).

Our other brief interations with staff were just as positive and we were shocked that their sense of humour was very British. Like everyone in Sweden they spoke perfect English - which showed what a lazy bunch we are. The man working on Saturday night was very useful at directing us to McDonalds at 3am....

Our suite was fabulous and I highly recommend you select one. We screamed when we opened the door to ours. The matress was dreamy and the fact you get two duvets instead of having to share one was genius.

Swedes are now my favourite race.

People say Stockholm is really expensive but I only spent £170 in two days including a return ticket on the Arlanda Express and loads of fun.
What we got up to:
Fotografiska
Munkbrohallen
Moderna Museet
Gamla Stan
Acne Studios
Debaser
Cafe Kladdkakan
...and we cried at a state funeral.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Eveveegee,

My team and I at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel are absolutely delighted to take part of your comments here on Tripadvisor. Simon sends a huge thank you for your warm words and your feedback has been shared with everyone.

I agree that the breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and being able to enjoy a long tasteful breakfast is to my opinion the best part of a trip.

I can see that you managed to cover quite a lot during your birthday weekend, and still there are lots of things left to discover.

Welcome back to stay with us again (why not make it a tradition to spend your future birthdays with us?) and once more enjoy our wide breakfast selection. We will keep a spot for you!

Gent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Sheraton confirms it reputation. I go to Stockholm a few times each year for business and have tried several hotels in the past : Diplomat, Radisson Viking, Nordic Light, Nordic Sea. All are in the same area but in the end, I decided to settle for the Sheraton.
Why ? What does one expect from a hotel on a business trip ?
A good breakfast where you can sit comfortably (not in an oversize room like in the Radisson Viking), a clean room, helpful staff and an acceptable price. The Sheraton fits that profile.
You have the option to participate in the green program which means that your room is not touched (bed not made up, no towels replaced and no bins emptied). That's OK for me but the first time I participated thinking that at least some of the above tasks would be done. Once you know, it's a good option to support the environment.
The bar serves very good cocktails !!
Location : very good location in the center of the town, one bridge away from the old city center. Close to one of the best restaurants in town (F12) and walikng distance of the central stations (for those who need to go to Arlanda airport with the high speed train).
Cost : 2395 SEK per night for a superior room, 175 SEK for the breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Marc V,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Much appreciated by me and the team.

Glad to hear that we together with you created lots of great memories. Especially thoughtful of you to mention the Green Choice; Making our planet a better and cleaner place is one of Starwood hotels and resorts missions. In order to help out in any way we can, we have implemented certain standards and one of them is the Green Choice program.

Should you have any further thoughts you would like to bring forward to us, please do not hesitate to let us know. Hope to see you back in a not too distant future.

Kfar Saba, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights on our way back from Norway trip. We went there on a deal, but as they were short on classic room we reserved, we got a suite with very nice view (We did not complain... ) The staff is very efficient, professional and friendly. Excellent location - 5 minutes walk from the Arlanda Express ( the train to the airport ) and the same time to Gamla Stan (the old town). Very good breakfast. If ever again in Stockholm - will consider to stay there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Esther888_13,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on Trip Advisor. It is certainly energizing to take part of your positive comments, which have been shared within the team.
I am glad you were well taken care of and fantastic to hear that we were able to offer you an upgrade to one of our suites!

Should you have a another Stockholm getaway in mind, just let me know. I can assure you that we have a great offers in place for the Spring and Summer.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I am a loyal customer to Sheraton so I am usually well treated, but I have to say that I felt even more special in this hotel. Since Checking in, the front desk person was professional beyond expectations without over doing: giving the good indications, the benefits, the warm welcome, etc.
The breakfast is a pleasure in the morning: it reminded me of large resorts buffet that are usually given on vacation spots in luxuary restaurants. Bread is exceptionaly good.
The gym facility is nice, the rooms are large enough and the overall hotel is quite to provide you with intimacy for business activities and silence for a good sleep despite being next to the elevator.

Not sure what could be enhanced, congrats!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lehcimifas,

Thank you for always choosing Sheraton and this time the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel for your stay. It is very inspiring for us to take part of your fantastic feedback here on Tripadvisor.
I hope you are already planning a new trip to us and when it is time to return, please feel free to contact me directly.
The team and I will make sure to once again exceed your expectations.

Thank you for caring and warm welcome back!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a very well appointed hotel. The rooms are a good size and very clean. Hairdryer (2 actually!) and tea making facilities included, also mini bar and modern TV. I agree with a previous writer that the sliding bathroom doors are a bit inconvenient - noisy in the night if you want to shut yourself in.
The staff were all very helpful to us and spoke excellent English. The breakfast was very comprehensive and of a very high standard, again with staff being very helpful and continually circulating to clear used dishes off tables and help with coffee etc.
We stayed on a weekend deal, and this hotel helped to make the weekend special, although I feel it would be very expensive if you went to stay at full price. My value rating is based on the fact that ours was a favourable deal.

Room Tip: You can hear the railway from the front of the hotel, but not to such an extent that it caused a dis...