“Sheraton STOCKHOLM CENTRE”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“Sheraton STOCKHOLM CENTRE”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

the staff where first class the rooms big we had a room with 2 doubles as our son was with us.
useual small problems toilet door did not close easily ,sliding type.
buffet breakfast 100% plenty of it and ran till 10;30 which is fair 11;0on weekends.
right beside the central station , we got a taxi 12 euros there walked when we left 4 mins walk.
wifi extra . hotel is very expensive . not 5 star as advertised i would say a good 3/4 star max

Room Tip: the hotel is very big ask for room beside the elevators. river view 30 euros extra per night not re...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank home26
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear home26,

Thank you for your review; it is always good for us to take part of how our guests experience us, and your comments have been forwarded to the rest of my team.
I assure you that we always follow up and listen to what our guests have to say and I am happy to hear that you find our staff service minded, offering first class service. Between the lines in your review I can sense that we did not completely manage to exceed your expectations. Therefore; should you return to Stockholm one day, please let me know and I will make sure we take extra good care of you.

I would like to take the opportunity to mention that we do not participate in any local or international star ratings and we do not advertise as such. The Sheraton Stockholm hotel is an international upscale hotel and our aim is to meet every requirement our guests might have.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,
igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hampshire, UK
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights, running a training course in the hotel's conference facilities. it was a very pleasant stay but it I was to spend a weekend in Stockolm I would choose a cheaper option.
Check in took a while with only the loyalty guests desk staffed initially. Several members of staff walked past until one came to the desk and dialled for a receptionist. My first allocated room on the 2nd floor was very underwhelming and I asked to be moved & was only allocated a 7th floor king room after some discussion. Staff failed to tell me to use the room key in the lift.
The rooms are very comfortable, nicely decorated, quiet (overlooking dull central courtyard) and well equipped although internet should be free, especially on business rates. There were only 6 hangers, a complementary half drunk bottle of water was removed and shower gel was not replenished.
Conference facilities were good although we had to request the coffee machine was switched on one morning and air-conditioning was often too cold. Kim in particular gave us great service. The carpet in the room was very worn and would distribute fluff on all shoes! Lovely Molton Brown toiletries in the bathrooms.
Food was excellent from the breakfast buffet (freshly made omelettes and orange juice), conference breaks and varied lunch buffets in the restaurant although more labelling is needed - especially in english!
The bar service was the only area that let the hotel down. Too few staff who were very hard to catch, not many & worn drinks menus which don't cover all the choices. One night 3 of us spent 15 minutes attracting attention, nursed 1 drink each for an hour & then waited just as long for the bill!
The hotel's location is superb - under 10 minutes to the station, the stunning old town, main shopping area and numerous restaurants.

Room Tip: A higher floor gives a slightly better view but they won't upgrade you to a decent view without...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Parrotfish,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent business trip to us here in Stockholm. As I understand from your detailed review (much appreciated) you have some mixed feelings on your various experiences from us.
It is only by taking such feedback to our hearts we can improve, and I assure you that we are discussing all valid points within our team.

There is a wide price range and many different room types to choose from and I am sure we can work something out, which will meet your expectations. Just let me know and I will make sure we offer you the best available on your preferred dates.

Kim is very happy, and both he and I hope we will have the chance to see you here again.

All the best and warm regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have visited this hotel many times. The reason: location and service of the staff. It was really good in the past, but this visit has been really outstanding. The reason : New General Manager
of the Hotel is Mr. Igor Buercher

Usually it is difficult even to find relevant details of Head Office of the any hotel. Igor, on the contrary, is available for everyone, RESPONDS FOR ENQUIRES BY HIMSELF. I felt he genually cares about his clients and tries his best to accommodate their needs. I approached him directly since we have different health problems and need very specific room location and bed configuration.
Igor did his best to make our stay enjoyable and comfortable.
I highly recommend to stay in Club Floor. It costs more, but it represents great value for money : you can access to lounge 24 hours a day, good selection of food etc.

Room Tip: If you light sleeper, ask for room overlooking courtyard, absolutely silent.
1 Thank Irina T
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear irinatokyo,

Thank you very much for you warm thoughts and words.
I am so happy you took the decision to reach out to me directly! It is a delight to read of your wonderful experiences and I hope many more happy visits will be with us.

The Club floor is indeed a very good choice and it is always nice to have access to the relaxing Club lounge, where refreshments are offered all through the day.

I am sure that your great review have attracted several guests already and you are more than welcome to stay with us again. We already look forward to your next visit and when it is time, just let me personally know.

All the best and warm regards,
Essex
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I frequently visit Stockholm and had not used the Sheraton before. The hotel is located only a couple of minutes walk from Stockholm Central Station. I chose this hotel as needed to be near station and I always want a gym available. I found the hotel staff very helpful and friendly, the breakfast was great and it has a nice gym on site. I was also given a free room upgrade which made it even better. I will certainly use this hotel again previously I had used the Raddission Blu but this was much more comfortable. In particular Sheraton has the comfortable "american" style beds rather than the hard ones in many scandinavian hotels.

I will certainly use again next time in stockholm

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear FieldyMouse,

How nice to hear that you had such a fantastic visit to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel!

How can I thank you for taking the time to share your experience? I am truly grateful and you are most welcome to contact me directly for your future visits. If there is anything I can do to assure that every stay is a great success – just let me know.

Also, nice to hear that you like or SweetSleeper beds. They are really super comfortable and you can easily have one delivered to your home. Let me know if you would like me to send you the details.

Girona, Spain
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel was located in a very good location, close to the bus and train station. You could walk to Gamlastan where you will find a lot of history and tourist sites. People here are always with a smile, the hotel is very clean and I enjoyed everything that was in offer. There is bar at the lobby level and the restaurant is amazing but that is another review.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Syedbashar,

Thank you very much; it is always a great pleasure to receive positive comments from our fantastic guests. My team and I sincerely appreciate that you took the time to post your thoughts (and give us high scores) here on Tripadvisor. I can assure you that nothing is more rewarding to me as a General Manager then receiving splendid feedback.

Thank you also for recommending us to future guests. I hope it does not take too long before we see you here again – I promise we will keep on smiling!

Essex, UK
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I ran an event at this hotel and the staff (from check-in, to banqueting staff) were helpful, friendly, and efficient.
The room was also nice: very spacious for a downtown hotel. There was a strange smell at first, but other than that, the bed was comfortable, the room and corridors were quiet - I slept well!

Dear DXB2GB,

How nice that you took the time to write your warm review here on Tripadvisor. Much appreciated and thank you very much for your kind and encouraging thoughts.

Your nice words have been shared with everyone in the team, and especially my colleagues at the banquet. We hope to see you back in a not too distant future and should you have any future events to plan, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. If you need any special information, I´m sure we can give you some nice advices on what to see and where to go.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Everything was wonderful and I had a great time. The service was exellent and the staff was helpful and wery kind. The room and the view was like heaven. The room was very clean. It was over my expections and i will with 100% come back and stay in Sheraton.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Momeni,

How nice to hear that we contributed to making you feel like you reached heaven! This is a great compliment to us and we cannot wait to see you here again.

Our aim is that every guest should feel comfortable and happy with the choice to stay with us. Glad you took the time to give your feedback and warm welcome back.