“Very nice (business) hotel”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #25 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I would consider this hotel a very nice one for especially business purposes. Everything is good, the service, the employees, the lounge, bar area, the rooms (nice and spacious), the location. There is really not a whole lot one could argue against it. I do not think however I would choose this ons for a romantic weekend. Outside this small fact. Overall great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Middelburg,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on Trip Advisor. It is certainly energizing to take part of your positive comments, which have been shared within the team.

We are happy to be your preferred business hotel, and should you have a romantic getaway in mind, just let me know. We have a great (and popular) romance package in place; Superior room overlooking beautiful Stockholm; rose blades, chocolate dipped strawberries and chilled bubbles. Just send me a note and I promise to have it all waiting for you and your spouse.

Well worth trying out!

All the best and warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Stockholm Hotel

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed there for about 1 year...some of the best beds in any hotel I've visited...which is great for good night sleep for any business traveller, the SPG lounge is great too, serves really good snacks in the evening and they are hearty enough to skip the dinner altogether...the views of the lake are a bonus

Room Tip: Stay up on the higher floors
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Faiz Z
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Faiz Z,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay, and for taking the time to post your fantastic feedback here on Tripadvisor.
One year is a long time where you really had a chance to get to know the hotel and the persons working here, and I am absolutely thrilled to see that you had such a good time.

Should you come back to stay with us again, please feel free to contact me prior to your arrival and I will make sure our Club lounge is once again ready for you.

If there is anything else you would like to share with me, please do not hesitate to do so.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed for a weekend in October with my husband. Staff is friendly and cooperative, rooms are big, location is OK, but there is just nothing extra with this place. It is like being at a conference with the middle management team, or on a package holiday with ten for the price of five. We were approached at the bar in the evening by some extremely drunk guests and we had to queue with their cousins at breakfast. We had hoped for a more intimate and romantic spot and perhaps I should have chosen accommodation accordingly, but Sheraton should still manage to provide some ambiance. Please be aware of the taxis outside, they charge you twice the price and they don't know their way around town. Get help at the reception to get a reliable taxi company to take you. Sheraton Stockholm is probably solid and safe, but I will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravelSweden
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear TravelSweden,

Thank you for your review and feedback on your visit to Stockholm and us.
Although it is very sad to read about your experience where you find us to be just average and too impersonal, I appreciate your honesty.
Normally we are known for paying attention to details and I have brought your thoughts forward to the rest of the team here at the hotel.

I wish we could turn time back and start all over. Is there any chance you would consider giving us a second chance, so we can prove that the experience you have is far from what the Sheraton Stockholm stands for?

Please feel free to contact me directly and I will make sure we create a much better stay for you next time.

Thank you for caring and warm regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have stayed at Sheraton Stockholm at least 50 nights during the last 2 years. The rooms are well decorated, clean and the hotel has got a good gym and bar/restaurant. The hotel is located at the border of the old town and the newer part of town, therefore it is the perfect location for both business travelers and for tourists. The hotel staff (both at the reception and in the bar/restaurant) is very friendly and helpful, they will always welcome you with a smile.

As a SPG member, you always get a nice upgrade to one of the rooms at the front side of the hotel, which gives a beautiful view over the old city and the waterfront.

For my work I stay in many hotels all over the world, but Sheraton Stockholm is definitely my most favorite hotel. After all these stays, it feels like coming home....It is an excellent hotel in my favorite European city.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view on the courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Knibbe,

How nice to read your fantastic words about us! And how great that you, one of our most loyal and frequent SPG members took the time to comment on the impressions you have from the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Everyone in the team send their warmest regards and we promise to look after you also in the future.

I arrived in Sweden just a few weeks ago and can easily understand why Stockholm has become your favorite city. I hope we can meet on one of your frequent trips to Stockholm and exchange experiences? It would be an honor for me.

Looking forward to seeing you and if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Lived there one week during a business trip.

Nice comfortable rooms.

Good location and address, close to the central parts of Stockholm.

Very nice bar where lots of people hang out with their lap tops and the after work starts early..

They charge quite much for the breakfast buffet, which indeed is really nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Hjalmar A
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Hjalmar A,

Thank you for the nice feedback. I am delighted to hear that your stay in February 2012 was great and I hope you have plans to return to us one day.
Should you decide to come this way again (maybe this coming February?), just send me a note in advance and I will make sure you are, yet again, very well taken care of.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We go to Stockholm several times a year and for the last 1-2 years, always stay at the Sheraton. The rooms are clean, the staff amazing and the location of the hotel is just perfect!

Thank you so much to all the staff at Sheraton that always makes our stay special!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear summer4ever_12,

I would like to start by thanking you for your loyalty towards Sheraton Stockholm throughout the years.
It is very thoughtful of you to take the time to comment on your frequent visits, and how you experience us and our services.

I hope we will be able to meet in person one day. You are always welcome to drop me a line whenever you have a minute to do so.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The Sheraton has a range of food that really demonstrates some of the best of Swedish cooking It is really different with a strong local flavor and excellently prepared. Very reasonabley priced
The rooms while not very large have great views of the Town Hall

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the town hall
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Beryl A,

Thank you very much for your great review.
It is very rewarding for the entire team to hear that the restaurant experience exceeded your expectations. The team and I appreciate your recommendation of our Swedish cooking, and I must admit that, after only two weeks here in Sweden and Stockholm, I am very fond of it myself.

We hope to see you back soon! If you would like to make a booking in our restaurant360 again, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Igor.buercher@sheraton.com