“Good hotel for the business traveller”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #23 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Good hotel for the business traveller”
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

As a frequent traveller with a SPG Gold card this is my favourite hotel in Stockholm. When upgraded to SPG rooms you get a large and silent room and a complementary drink in the bar. What I really like is the room service you get - I had the fish and chips first day and Swedish meatballs second day. Both dishes were great and it saved me from the snow and cold currently in Stockholm.

• Stayed December 2012
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear MortenOlesen,

Thank you for letting us know how your recent visit was here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. I am so happy that you, one of our dear and regular SPG Gold members choose to stay here and it is a delight to read of your wonderful experiences. I hope many more happy visits of the same kind will be with us.
I am sure that your great review have attracted several new guests already and you are more than welcome to stay with us again. We already look forward to your next visit!

All the best and warm regards,
Paul Peters, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The check in service is always very slow. Never get served on the spot and always a long wait. They do not value you even if you were a Starwood member, have business conferences with them, eat at their restaurant and spend your money with them. You will get the same lousy treatment. They try to charge you for wifi if you're not careful and breakfast even if it was included in your room. If your breakfast is included in the room rate, make sure you eat at the restaurant and not order it via room service. If you do not argue, they will charge you. So be aware...you might just incur extra charges. Room rates are not cheap as well....sigh...avoid avoid avoid.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lowbeck
Dear lowbeck,

Thank you very much for your feedback here on Tripadvisor. It is such a pity you were so unhappy with us, and going through your comments I can see that your stay was a huge disappointment. I have with my team gone through the reasons for your unhappiness and we are addressing the issues to make sure we recover and not let it happen again.

On behalf of the Sheraton Stockholm Team I profusely apologize for all inconveniences caused at the time for your visit. Although you are not keen on trying us out again I want you to know that you are always welcome to contact me directly if you decide to offer us a second chance.

eksjö
Reviewed December 12, 2012

When choosing Sheraton I expect nothing less than perfection. Made a reservation for a classic room with two queensized beds. Arrived late to the hotel and got the bedconfiguration confirmed by the lady at the reception. Very tired I changed into the bathrobe and we ordered roomservice. Only then did I realize that we had gotten a room with two singlebeds. Too tired to do anything about it that night.

The next morning I confronted the receptiondesk again. One can´t help to wonder if they did this on purpose, hoping we wouldn´t notice the difference between a single bed and a queenbed... The receptionist offered to bring something to eat to our room as a compensation! As if food would make us sleep better..? I denied and demanded to have our luggage moved to a correct roomtype and an extra upgrade as a compensation. So they did and we ended up with a superior room facing the Old town which was beautiful!

One strange thing; the superior room was exactly the same as the classic room except the view. Why on earth would you pay extra for a superior room without the view as the offer too? We actually had more extras in the classicroom; bottled water for free, bathspunge and slippers.

The first morning we had breakfast early and it was very nice. The second morning was chaotic with people everywhere.

At the end of the day it´s not the end of the world. But when having so many options on hotels one doesn´t want to face these flaws, particulary not on Sheraton...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear sommarcatta,

I have taken part of your feedback and it makes me and my team very unhappy to read it. It is such a pity you did not have an altogether comfortable stay with us and I apologize for the inconveniences met.

There are many different room types to choose from here at the hotel, and preferences varies. The superior rooms are the most popular rooms, and depending on expectations, you can chose a quiet room towards the inner yard, or a room with a spectacular view of Stockholm.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your honesty and should you come back to us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will make sure you are much better taken care of next time.

istanbul
Reviewed December 11, 2012

me and my wife stayed 5 nights in december 2012.good things first.location is great we had thought long to stay in sheraton or in the gamla stan but if you go in winter choose bigger hotel because you spent more time in the hotel and if you have to chance to have tea ,coffee in the room itis.good.and location of the hotel is super.gamla stan was full of snow ,hard to walk and pull the suitcase.thats why better to visit gamla stan.instead of stay.hotel reception was great without exception all the staff were helpfull and friendly.same as restaurant staff.
we had stayed in the club room.it was good visitors should check the club room prices sometimes few difference than normal room.now unpleasant part .it was the housekeeping.we used tea bags next day they were not replaced but we did not bothered second day it was again not replaced as well as bottle waters.dated 10th of dec.and when we back room we decided to call guest service told our concern and she said she will sent them .but until we leave next day nothing came at all...other case was 9 th of dec early morning at 5 oclock in the morning we woke up with a big noise and our bathroom mirror was fall down. afterwords we could not slept some time and in the morning at 0820.housekeeping enter the room without knocking the door..mirror had repaired during the day meanwhile we waited at least written or werbal .apologises from the managements.but nothing happened.ı am writing these points because as a friend of sheraton these are the constructive crititcs for them ı believe.as a humble recommendation time to time they should measure the quality of housekeeping servises.which they nededed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mualibarut,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel and for your feedback here on tripadvisor. It is important that our guests feel comfortable and at home at all times, and your comments have been shared within the departments.

We have especially picked up the comments about housekeeping and the mirror in the bath room. I am sorry that you did not hear from us and (although it might be a late apology by now) I profusely apologize for the inconveniences. If there is anything else you would to share with us, please feel free to do so.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Friendly staff, nice atmosphere and a first rate Club Lounge add up to a memorable stay. I would have no hesitation in staying there again or recommending it to my friends and colleagues. I ws there for a conference and did not have the chance to sample the restaurant, although the bar/lobby service is friendly and efficient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear 147DCC,

I am thrilled to take part of your review and glad to hear that you had the best of times here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.

The Sheraton Club concept is becoming a very popular concept amongst our dear guests, much depending on the personalized service, so great choice.
We hope to be able to see you many more times and already look forward to your next visit!

Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Here for work but stayed a few days before and had a good time with friends. Not the quietest hotel but close to old town. Bar needed to stay open longer or loose some of the bar staff attitude. Breakfast was really good with loads of choice and conference staff excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Emma S,

From your feedback I can see that you had a comfortable stay and I appreciate your review. Your comments have been forwarded to my entire team and we all hope to see you in the future again. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

I have brought the issue with the bar staff attitude to our restaurant manager and we will together pick it up.

Reykjavík
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed a few nights in November / December. The hotel is in a great location, we had a nice room, breakfast was outstanding and the service excellent. The only drawback: Limited free internet - a half hour per day or paying extra. And in a hotel in this class, that is strange. We were traveling with a baby and all equipment (as well as help with strollers etc) were readily available.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ferdir1,

Thank you for feedback here on Tripadvisor, which is a great way to take part of our guests comments - much appreciated by my team and myself that you took the time.

There is no doubt that we are all in need of internet, whether we are travelling or staying at home, and we are constantly review the fee. As you mention the in room internet/wifi comes with a charge (after the free 30 minutes) and I cannot promise when this will be changed Therefore, our solution is to offer free wifi in the entire lobby area.

Hopefully you will come back one day, and until then I would like to thank you for caring!