Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
$162
Hotels.com
$163
  • Pool
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
$268
Hotel Rival(Stockholm)
$245
$230
3,761 results
All reviewsthe club loungeold towngamla stancentral stationcity hallarlanda expressacross the bridgeperfect locationwalking distancelobby baran upgraderoyal palacebaltic cruisebeautiful cityshopping areasuperior roomvasa museum
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Here for 2 nights. Perfectly located for Old Town and the main station (with airport express). Check in was ok, room was good size and bed very comfortable. All staff encountered were clearly very well trained, and very pleasant and personable. Breakfast is impressive, if pricey. Considering I was on business I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely return to the Sheraton Stockholm next time I am in the city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear LAD2969,

How nice that you took the time to write your fantastic review here on Tripadvisor. Much appreciated and thank you very much for your kind and encouraging words.

Stockholm is always a great city to visit no matter what time of year it is and we hope to see you back in a not too distant future. I'm sure you have many things left to see and we can surely give you some nice advices on what to see and where to go.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was my first visit to Stockholm, and the Sheraton wasn't my first choice of hotel, but I am so glad it's where I ended up!

When we arrived the entrance and foyer area were very welcoming. We were checked in by one of the most helpful members of hotel staff I have ever encountered (to name and shame it was the Assistant Front Office Manager - Bram Visser). We asked an abundance of questions, all were answered and he was just generally great help for two lost Brits who had been awake 30hrs by the point of checking in.

We upgraded our room to a double queen bed with a bath and a better view, it was worth the extra per night, the view was looking over the city hall and the river. The room was clean, comfortable, airy, and every time housekeeping had visited, was full of a fresh citrus smell that kept the room fresh. We were fortunate to have a bath, and the bathroom, although small, was well designed to be practical.

We ordered room service on the first night as we were exhausted, and the food was of a lovely quality, the staff we dealt with were again, very pleasant and accommodating. My only grumble on this experience would be the price of the tray charge, £7.50!
The breakfast choices were more than plentiful, I managed to have something different for each of the 5 days I decided to go down to Breakfast. Smoothies, fresh fruit, meats, breads, cereals, salads, pancakes, cake, tea, coffee, juice, the list goes on, and I struggle to see how anyone could say anything negative about the selection, and everything was hot / fresh. Tables were turned over at an impressive rate, staff were cleaning tables as you were getting u to leave, and although this was a little bit intimidating, it meant that during busy periods, there was always a table to sit at. I would recommend that there was a member of staff available to take people to a table to avoid customers walking around aimlessly looking for a spare seat, the very smiley lady who scanned my key card every morning could add that on to her duties perhaps?? Breakfast times were also great with service not stopping until 10:30 on a week day!

I drank at the bar every night, and again found staff happy and polite and extremely helpful. I would suggest when the bar is busy and the bar tender mixing cocktails is rushed off his feet that the lady lighting candles stopped that and helped him, but that again is a small suggestion.

The location of the hotel is perfect for getting to see as much of Stockholm as you need as a tourist with Gamla Stan a 10 min walk across a bridge, and a 5 min walk up the street to shops, sights and restaurants.It's actually probably a perfect location.

I have every intention on coming back to Stockholm to see the things I missed out on, and I have every intention of staying at the Sheraton.

Room Tip: Tourist Information offices are around the corner, this is also near to a red Hop on Hop Off stop. If it's within your budget, take an upgrade if offered. It's worth it :)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jayne B

Dear Jayne B,

Thank you for letting us know how your October visit turned out here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. I am so happy that you ended up staying with us and I am delighted to read of your wonderful experience. I hope your friends were happy too!

The suggestions you give have been noted and I would like to let you know that every suggestion we get from our guests are brought up within the team and discussed. I think you would be surprised to hear how many things we have picked up and carried out as a future routines throughout the years.
I am sure that your fantastic review have attracted several new guests already and you are more than welcome to stay with us again. We already look forward to your next visit and hope that we are your preferred choice.

All the best and warm regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Sheraton Stockholm on many occasions. It is a decent hotel within walking distance of the central station and old-town.

The hotel itself is nothing much to look at: a weathered concrete box. The rooms and decor could use an update and the interior courtyard is just plain ugly.

During the summer bus-loads of tourists (from cruise ships?) pile into the place, take most of the rooms and pack the bar and breakfast room.

They charge more for rooms with a view of the water but unless you like traffic noise avoid them.

If at all possible, get a club room facing the interior courtyard- the view is rotten but the rooms are quiet. The club lounge is small and always busy but not so much as the downstairs restaurant.

The staff keeps this hotel from my "avoid" list. They are uniformly friendly and helpful and have gone out of their way to assist me in getting the quietest rooms and resolve any problems I might have encountered.

The fitness centre is decent and the sauna is great after a workout.

I'm sure there are much better hotels for the same price in Stockholm but I keep returning to the Sheraton because it is in walking distance from the station and our offices. Overall it's OK but nothing special.

Room Tip: Get an interior facing room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear leicamr,

Thank you for letting us know how you find your numerous visits to Stockholm and us. Although it is nice to hear that you find our staff to be friendly and always eager to help out, it makes me concerned to read your feedback on the premises itself.
The hotel was built in the 70´s and it is difficult to do something about the exterior and how the inner yard is created, but we like to keep the hotel updated and are constantly working on improvements.

Despite your description of what we look like, I hope we will have the chance to see you back many more times and I promise we will continue to take good care of you.

Thank you for caring!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Lovely room, wonderful front desk and fabulous location - close to everything! Literally a 10-20 minute walk from any restaurant we wanted to make a resv at! Was also close to Hop On/Hop Off and is just over a bridge from Old Towne.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Julie S,

Thank you for your time and comments. It is nice to hear that you found us, the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, to be a great option.
Hope to see you back one day!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was our first time in Sweden and the Sheraton was perfect for us to go exploring on foot. The main station is very close and the main square too. It's a modern hotel but the room was comfortable without being sterile. The staff are quiet and competent and the breakfast was good, we were one of the first down to the restaurant so we had hot fresh bread, delicious. We thought Stockholm was a buzzy, lively city and our hotel choice a good one.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angie M

Dear Angie M,

Thank you very much for commenting on your stay with us in May, which is one of my favorite months in this beautiful city.
It is great to hear that you had a comfortable stay, first time ever in Sweden, and I am glad you got to see some of the things that Stockholm offers.

Your comments have been shared with my team and we all wish you warm welcome back.