“Excellent Option in Stockholm”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #25 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Our family stayed here for 3 days prior to a Baltic cruise. The location is fabulous...within walking distance of Gamla Stan and many other sightseeing spots. The concierge was very helpful in making restaurant suggestions and reservations. They also were quick to point out the best walking routes for the sightseeing we were doing.

Check in was great! We arrived early in the morning after an overnight flight from the US. We expected our rooms to be unavailable that early, but we were pleasantly surprised to learn that 3 of our 4 rooms were already available. They also accomodated our request that our rooms be as close together as possible. The customer service at the front desk was excellent...everyone we encountered was friendly and eager to please.

The rooms were spacious and clean and the beds were very comfortable. One negative aspect about the rooms were the linens...they were worn and even had small holes in them. Also, the AC in one of our 4 rooms didn't work well. It struggled to keep the room cool. The AC in the other 3 rooms was fine.

The breakfast in the hotel was wonderful! Many different options on the buffet, and they would also prepare omlettes to your specific request. The breakfast servers were also fabulous! We were traveling with children, and the servers went out of their way to make sure we had a high chair and kids cup every morning. One server even went to the kitchen and brought out a whole plate of pancakes when she learned that one of our little ones really loved them.

All in all, this is a nice hotel that excels in customer service. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear jenw89,

Thank you for taking the time to posting your feedback here on tripadvisor so we can take part of your thoughts. Also, thank you for choosing to stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm hotel during your three days pre cruise tour in Stockholm - much appreciated and we hope that many more visits will follow.

Fabulous, great and excels in customer service are words, which I as a General Manager like to hear.

We will look in to the description of the linen and the air conditioning in the 4th room you are referring to. Until we see you back I wish you all the best.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Stockholm Hotel

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just stayed at this hotel after a Baltic cruise, and was surprised that so few people have commented about hte shower issue. While the design is modern, having a half glass wall over the bathtub does NOT stop the bathrooom from getting flooded every time one uses the shower. It's unpleasant having the bathroom flood each time.

Other than that, nice property, well located and modern with good sized rooms. I would def. recommend it...

Room Tip: Don't arrive on a day when a cruise ship is arriving! It's chaos!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear LBinDC1,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. Great to hear that you recommend us and found us to be a well located and modern property.

Having a nice shower or bath is always crucial for creating a successful day.
As you mention, we do not often receive comments on the shower facility in the rooms.
Next time you come and stay with us we will make sure you can stay in a room with a walk in shower without the bath tub. This is always a personal choice but it is important for us to follow up feedback and find a suitable solution when needed.

Should you come back to stay with us again, please let me know on forehand and I will make sure we will arrange everything to your preferences.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here with a friend in June 2012 for 4 nights. The location is excellent, very close to both the shopping area / new town and the beautiful old town. The staff were so friendly and helpful, room was a good size, very comfy beds - we had a great view over the water. Spent a great evening having lovely cocktails in the hotel bar. We were well waited on, you really do get treated like VIP's in this hotel. The ne thing that let down the stay was the cost of the food. To have a bowl of cereal delivered to the room it would have cost nearly £15.00! You can imagine the price of actual meals! Otherwise, lovely say.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear SunSprite,

Thank you for posting your review of us here on Trip Advisor. It is much appreciated by my team and me, and we are happy to take part of all kind of feedback.
I am glad you like our staff, beds, service and the city itself, although Stockholm in general can be a bit on the expensive side, depending on the exchange rate.

It is an advantage to be situated in the middle of the city and from us it is easy to travel within the Stockholm area. Hopefully we will see you here sometime again.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

A very renowned group. This property is at a half a km from the main city centre. Though we were at the hotel around 9 am n had left the luggage with an assurance that the rooms will be made ready by 1400 hrs,but to our shock even at 1900 hrs the rooms were not allotted to our group. Rooms seems to be very old n needs immediate refurbishing. Restaurant serves Lavish breakfast . Over all the staff was very polite n helpful. The chefs at the restaurant helped us with some extra veg dishes at the time of breakfast,though it was crowded. Would suggest for other options.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Rajesh A,

Thank you for your review.
Going through your comments I assume you were staying here at a time when we were fully booked this summer, and I am sorry to hear of some of the issues you were facing.
Apart from these I hope you could enjoy Stockholm and if you ever come back for a new visit I would like to urge you to contact me directly. I will make sure we make a nice offer and proved a quicker check in.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We chose this hotel mostly based on its close location to the central train station. It was only a few minutes walk away and I'm a SPG gold member so I'm all about the points! Even though I was early they were able to get me into my room which had an amazing view of the water.

My room had an in bath shower but some rooms have no bath so if that matters you want to ask at check-in. The hotel appears to have been recently renovated, the room was nice, bright and clean. The room was also a good size, some European hotel rooms are quite small.

I did have a problem with the a/c, the spectacular view was also on the side of the hotel where all the heat was coming through the windows so during the day I had to keep the black out curtains closed to keep the heat out.

There is a charge for wireless internet but it is free in the lobby. If you can get a rate that includes it and breakfast you will save some money and the buffet breakfast is very nice.

I eventually moved rooms because the a/c couldn't get my room cold enough for my liking. I had to try twice to find a room that was suitable for me but they staff couldn't have been more helpful in the process.

Room Tip: If you want a room that will be cooler in the summer months get one facing the inside courtyard. No...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear travelFSU,

Thank you for letting us know how your recent Stockholm trip turned out – it is great to hear and I hope that it will be followed by many more. Glad to hear that we were able to upgrade offer you a nice room with a view in these busy times. The superior rooms are very popular, especially during the summer and we are often sold out on this room type.

I am very grateful for your time and wish you warm welcome back to continuing exploring our hotel and the fantastic city of Stockholm. Should you have anything special on your mind - please feel free to contact me directly, and I will make sure that you are well taken care of also in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is in desperate need of updating. Its interior is very worn and tired.

However, my biggest complaint was the lack of air conditioning. They have an a/c system but is barely has any air flow. We kept it on high (there is no way to adjust the temperature, only the fan speed) the entire time we were there and room never got below about 78 degrees (F). During the afternoon it was much hotter.

Fortunately, we moved to the Hilton where the accommodations were much better.

Room Tip: Stay away from the west side of the building.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DennisBTR

Dear Dennis BTR,

Thank for your feedback – I must admit that it makes me disappointed to take part of, especially as it concerns the air conditioning. I can assure you that we take your comments seriously and are addressing the challenge you describe.
The hotel was constructed back in the 70´s and the system used at that time is very different from the possibilities there are today. We have through the years updated the system on regular basis and we are doing it once again. Sorry that it had not been corrected while you were staying with us.

Should you have any further comments, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The location couldn't be better. We had to take the bus from the airport and we used the train to visit Linkhoping and then return. The Sheraton is only a block or so from both the Central Bus Station and the Central train station. Leaving the Sheraton and going to your left you are about 2 blocks from Queen St which is a busy little cobble stone street full of shops and restaurants. Turn right at Queen street and you are at Parliment. Walk past Parliment and you are at the Royal Palace. Just beside the royal palace is the Stockholm Cathedral and Gamla Stan. We were upgraded to a beautiful room on the 8th floor with a view of the water. There was a plate with French Macrons and a card with my name on it to welcome us. The staff was so friendly and sweet. This is the only place I would ever stay in Stockholm.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear travelgurl35,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review and feedback on your visit to Stockholm and us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Great to hear that you like this fantastic city so much! So do I! We hope we will see you here at the hotel some other time and enjoy our hospitality once again.

Until we see you I wish you all the best.